• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

my understanding is that john approached alex (bat-man) and offered the book if alex could paypal right away (because john/yannis) needed the money right then for some medical emergency...

again, I really don't see any valid excuse for john not at least contacting matt first, and I told this to john in a pM.... john screwed up if he wants to repair the damage, he can come here and try to repair, matt got screwed for sure, but for anyone to "assume" anything about alex's silence on the matter is just speaking out their "you know where"... apparently alex has pm'd matt and conversed (right?-maybe dan or surfer can confirm, or maybe they have knowledge of the PM and I would say that only they have the right to make a comment about alex, if they have first hand knowledge)...

but, this witch hunt mentality of "assumptions" , unless you know the facts, is so juvenile and ludicrous, it makes me want to vomit

But i had the money long before alex did and all i said to alex was i know you have the book and told him the story. to his reply was i had no idea he (yannis) was doing this and im sorry thats it

that is john's fault for not contacting you to see if you had the money...I believe he will man up to his mistake... I am curious about your's and alex's conversation, if alex had any knowledge john had "sold" the book to you...again, just curious, really none of my business except it has becomes the "boards" business with this thread (thumbs u

This was the exact PM from alex i want to believe him

Yes I do own a 37 I purchased from Yannis, I had no idea nor was I ever told John had a prior negotiation with you. If I had known I would have of course told him to honor the prior negotiation.

I have not been in contact with Yannis and he has not asked me to remove the pic from my sig nor had I removed it for anything relating to this issue. I am just now learning about it. I have been playing around with pics in my sig over the past fews days. Had a bunch of different book up, then postd my prerobins with my Tec 28, removed that and then posted my prerobins with the 2nd 37, decided it looked messy, and then changed it back to the neat scans of Tec 31 Action 15 MM7 and AA17. Had nothing to do with any of this.

Hearing of what has happened truly shocks me and makes my stomach turn. As a fellow lover of all things Pre-Robin I can say I truly feel your dismay. That was not right, it was wrong.

When did you make this deal with Yannis? I finalized my deal with Yannis on the 18th for $1,500 via paypal and I paid Yannis for the book on April 19th, nearly 2 full business weeks ago. So its not realy recent all that recent.

If I can do anything to help, let me know man. Again I feel for you.

Yes I do own a 37 I purchased from Yannis, I had no idea nor was I ever told John had a prior negotiation with you. If I had known I would have of course told him to honor the prior negotiation.

I have not been in contact with Yannis and he has not asked me to remove the pic from my sig nor had I removed it for anything relating to this issue. I am just now learning about it. I have been playing around with pics in my sig over the past fews days. Had a bunch of different book up, then postd my prerobins with my Tec 28, removed that and then posted my prerobins with the 2nd 37, decided it looked messy, and then changed it back to the neat scans of Tec 31 Action 15 MM7 and AA17. Had nothing to do with any of this.

Hearing of what has happened truly shocks me and makes my stomach turn. As a fellow lover of all things Pre-Robin I can say I truly feel your dismay. That was not right, it was wrong.

When did you make this deal with Yannis? I finalized my deal with Yannis on the 18th for $1,500 via paypal and I paid Yannis for the book on April 19th, nearly 2 full business weeks ago. So its not realy recent all that recent.

OK - we'll have to take this at face value.

I think had he posted this to the thread, most of the pitchforks would have been put away.

thanks...seems like a genuine response...I don't know alex at all outside of his posts in GA, but he seems like a genuine collector... I have known john for years, I think he realizes he screwed up, but I can't speak for him, and I have only known him as a good guy...

I know it doesn't help you out (I will see if I can't dig up a nice 37 for you sometime soon)

It seems that I finally got a chance to send my response to Matt, I am awaiting his response and that is the reason why I would not respond here yet. But the one fact I want to make clear now, Bat-Man is not responsible in any way how this deal with Matt did not work out. He had no knowledge of this and i do not appreciate when people drag a innocent man to the gutter. I will be back to answer what is needed to be answered the moment I clear this personal matter up with him.

It wouldn't have made it right still, but Yannis should have just contacted Matt, and said I'm sorry but I need the money quicker and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Everyone screws up sometimes, that's all there is to it. The troublesome thing about all the screw ups lately is the dishonesty and lies that are going along with them.

Edited by MCMiles

It seems that I finally got a chance to send my response to Matt, I am awaiting his response and that is the reason why I would not respond here yet. But the one fact I want to make clear now, Bat-Man is not responsible in any way how this deal with Matt did not work out. He had no knowledge of this and i do not appreciate when people drag a innocent man to the gutter. I will be back to answer what is needed to be answered the moment I clear this personal matter up with him.
:golfclap:

my understanding is that john approached alex (bat-man) and offered the book if alex could paypal right away (because john/yannis) needed the money right then for some medical emergency...

again, I really don't see any valid excuse for john not at least contacting matt first, and I told this to john in a pM.... john screwed up if he wants to repair the damage, he can come here and try to repair, matt got screwed for sure, but for anyone to "assume" anything about alex's silence on the matter is just speaking out their "you know where"... apparently alex has pm'd matt and conversed (right?-maybe dan or surfer can confirm, or maybe they have knowledge of the PM and I would say that only they have the right to make a comment about alex, if they have first hand knowledge)...

but, this witch hunt mentality of "assumptions" , unless you know the facts, is so juvenile and ludicrous, it makes me want to vomit

But i had the money long before alex did and all i said to alex was i know you have the book and told him the story. to his reply was i had no idea he (yannis) was doing this and im sorry thats it

This is where Yannis needs to speak up. From what he has pm'ed, I get the sense there was some bad history in another transaction between you two...

There's more story here that we haven't heard. It might be best to step back and get Yannis's side and understand why he thought dealing with you was gonna be unreliable...why it was his best course to change horses in midstream, so to speak. I think what Yannis has done to you is basically unfair. But I really want to hear the reasoning.

BTW Matt, it might help clarify your story if you were to attach dates, instead of saying "this Wednesday" or "that Saturday." I'm totally confused as to your time line of events.

Edited by rockman2008

Yannis lets end this here, we both know you wronged me this is clear , theres nothin you or I can do i guess. If anything i guess now people know what im looking for so maybe someone will help in the future, and ive made some cool friends through this incident. Theres nothing else to say or what can be done? NOTHING

This is where Yannis needs to speak up. From what he has pm'ed, I get the sense there was some bad history in another transaction between you two...another pre-Robin Tec (a coveless 32?) that you seemed to have flaked out on.

There's more story here that we haven't heard. It might be best to step back and get Yannis's side and understand why he thought dealing with you was gonna be unreliable...why it was his best course to change horses in midstream, so to speak. I think what Yannis has done to you is basically unfair. But I really want to hear the reasoning.

BTW Matt, it might help clarify your story if you were to attach dates, instead of saying "this Wednesday" or "that Saturday." I'm totally confused as to your time line of events.

matt was talking to Yannis about getting that book and matt decided not buy the book, from what I get matt never said that he would actually purchase the book

why is this so complicated?

Edited by LovinTheSurfer

This is where Yannis needs to speak up. From what he has pm'ed, I get the sense there was some bad history in another transaction between you two...

Man, this is over isn't it? Yannis has posted twice and apologized twice. Matt threw down a $500 deposit. It's not unclear.

Ya I remember Matt asking me about that coverless copy and remember giving him advice to pass on it and wait for something else.

I know for a fact Matt never said he'd take that book as he was thinking about it for a few days.

Rockman, it seems from my point of view, that you're looking for some kind of ammunition to bring this back on Matt. Maybe we didn't give exact specific dates, but Matt was ready to pay off that comic LONG before the deadline...So I'm not sure why you need specific times at all. It's not a complicated issue.

Again I know he's your friend and I'm sure Yannis is a good guy..but he knows he was wrong on this one.

To the people that know me throughout all the time I have been on here , I have responded to all the pms to clear things up, since the people I have dealt with over and over agin deserve an explanation, they were nice enough to ask me whats up and not come on here and start gossip. My mistake was for Matts ears and his alone, I have made past mistakes, such as posting something on a thread I wasnt suppose to and I made a public apology. So I will do so here as well. Please don not drag innocent people into this next time cause that is wrong, and before all this gossip starts the parties should always get in touch first prior to what should be said here. A private resolution should always be the first option.

WOW i just had to read 30 pages lol. I know this is beating a dead horse but 1 more time cause it semms its unclear. I made the payment to yannis we agreed to a month he said fine so did I, within days of the first payment i said hey maybe we can meet up i have the rest of the money or ill paypal you the rest, He said i wont be around this weekend(last weekend) but next weekend will work(meaning this weekend now) i said fine, Monday of this week comes around i ask hey want me to paypal or can we still mett (just checking to make sure once again its cool)-no reponse till WED, then i was told the grade is wrong my moneys refunded to wich i replied hey i want it regardless, with no response again. I never ever wanted to beat him up and if he was worried he should have said paypal will work. So i had the money ready within a week in a half of the 1st convo-to deposit-to full balance

This seems pretty easy. Guy got jobbed.

Dan

Can you sum this up for me, please? I really couldn't read that.

Andy

Ya I remember Matt asking me about that coverless copy and remember giving him advice to pass on it and wait for something else.

I know for a fact Matt never said he'd take that book as he was thinking about it for a few days.

Rockman, it seems from my point of view, that you're looking for some kind of ammunition to bring this back on Matt. Maybe we didn't give exact specific dates, but Matt was ready to pay off that comic LONG before the deadline...So I'm not sure why you need specific times at all. It's not a complicated issue.

Again I know he's your friend and I'm sure Yannis is a good guy..but he knows he was wrong on this one.

Ya i vaugly remember talking about a coverless book but no money was presented and i passed on it. It happens alot, Can just maybe i might have not done any wrong theres isnt some motive behind this action seriously. I never thought this would go so far. Me and yannis talked theres nothing that can be done so i guess it is what it is. I am mad but seriously what can i do?

Ok before anything gets worse here, lets just drop all this please, and I will be in touch with Matt with anything else that needs to be cleared up

Ya i vaugly remember talking about a coverless book but no money was presented and i passed on it. It happens alot, Can just maybe i might have not done any wrong theres isnt some motive behind this action seriously. I never thought this would go so far. Me and yannis talked theres nothing that can be done so i guess it is what it is. I am mad but seriously what can i do?

From the sound of some previous posts, it seems like you have a heavy hitter or two looking out for a Pre-Robin 'Tec with your name on it. Hopefully that'll ease the pain a bit m'man.

To the people that know me throughout all the time I have been on here , I have responded to all the pms to clear things up, since the people I have dealt with over and over agin deserve an explanation, they were nice enough to ask me whats up and not come on here and start gossip. My mistake was for Matts ears and his alone, I have made past mistakes, such as posting something on a thread I wasnt suppose to and I made a public apology. So I will do so here as well. Please don not drag innocent people into this next time cause that is wrong, and before all this gossip starts the parties should always get in touch first prior to what should be said here. A private resolution should always be the first option.
Bottom line is you screwed Matt over. You should be on the probation list "end of story" unless you can get him the same book. What you did was downright wrong.