• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,897 posts in this topic

Here's my horror wins of the week:

House of Mystery 289 CGC 9.8 White Pages

House of Mystery 297 CGC 9.8 White Pages

House of Mystery 298 CGC 9.8 White Pages

House of Mystery 301 CGC 9.8 White Pages

Unexpected 220 CGC 9.8 White Pages

Secrets of Haunted House 34 CGC 9.8 White Pages

Secrets of Haunted House 37 CGC 9.8 White Pages

acclaim.gif

Well, bobcat.enterprises had some pretty good late bronze horror tonight.

Well, tough crowd on eBay tonight.weweir is a relatively new ID that seems to be the 'new' redf1shing' in terms of buying horror stuff. greggy 'almost' pulled away with probably the most important book for me Unexpected 164. I also got away with another Ghosts 61 and 73 which should be upgrades to my existing copies.

Is it me or is this stuff in the right grade going up and up? confused-smiley-013.gif Each book ended around $25-$30--even the Witching Hours, which are usually $10-$15 books.

Well, bobcat.enterprises had some pretty good late bronze horror tonight.

Well, tough crowd on eBay tonight.weweir is a relatively new ID that seems to be the 'new' redf1shing' in terms of buying horror stuff. greggy 'almost' pulled away with probably the most important book for me Unexpected 164. I also got away with another Ghosts 61 and 73 which should be upgrades to my existing copies.

Is it me or is this stuff in the right grade going up and up? confused-smiley-013.gif Each book ended around $25-$30--even the Witching Hours, which are usually $10-$15 books.

Didn't even know you were bidding on that book. Was watching my snipe program screen. Doesn't really matter anyways. Not a real high priority. However, I got beat in a lot of lots. Bobcat is my favourite seller on eBay now. Superior grading and service. I may have to concentrate on his Super Hero stuff now! foreheadslap.gif

i cut you some slack sterling, those ghosts were on my hit list! i won a few last time, figured i wouldn't be too greedy...

and yes. Look at the prices, its getting nutty. Meanwhile pre code horror has been selling for under guide. Is it a permenant switch in markets, or temporary fire?

Hi greggy thumbsup2.gif

I was drooling over those 'Young Love' issues..super awesome. Nice book there thumbsup2.gif

Yes, bobcat is my favorite seller. He applies CGC grading to his raw books. He even called me one time just to chat in general, and his story in regards to how he built his collection over the years is very entertaining. Overall a very nice guy, with EXTREME customer service and friendliness. I would be in cloud9.gif if all sellers were like this...

i cut you some slack sterling, those ghosts were on my hit list! i won a few last time, figured i wouldn't be too greedy...

and yes. Look at the prices, its getting nutty. Meanwhile pre code horror has been selling for under guide. Is it a permenant switch in markets, or temporary fire?

Thanks dude! I'll try to coordinate our sniping activities to save money... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif My guess is that the kiddies collecting bronze are back revisiting their childhood--precode folks in their elder years selling collections that have no connection with current generation confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi greggy thumbsup2.gif

I was drooling over those 'Young Love' issues..super awesome. Nice book there thumbsup2.gif

Yes, bobcat is my favorite seller. He applies CGC grading to his raw books. He even called me one time just to chat in general, and his story in regards to how he built his collection over the years is very entertaining. Overall a very nice guy, with EXTREME customer service and friendliness. I would be in cloud9.gif if all sellers were like this...

Thanks about the 100 pagers! Those issues are just too tough and I had to pick up the ones that were scarcer. Sure, the prices were steep but it's not like another copy is likely to come up again soon! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Regarding Bob's grading, I have never been disappointed with his grading. In fact, the last 2 orders were phenomenal! Got a nice DC Special 7 NM and 10 NM- graded by him that should grade at CGC one notch higher! That's why his prices realized are so high for his books.

P.S. I hope I'm right about the 100 pagers not showing up soon. I bought a CGC 9.8 100 pager from Bob a few years ago for $405 but a few months afterwards, he put up another 9.8 copy of that book. It was a war related one and I couldn't believe it. I can't wait until he finally lists more! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

this is an obscure ghosts special. I didn't even know about it until recently, i don't know how it slipped under the radar for so long. Is everyone else acquainted with it?

460343-ghostsspec.jpg

Yup! cool.gif

actually, I remembered it a while back, but forgot about it. foreheadslap.gif

Oh, today I got a stack of about 20 Ghosts today that are DEFINITELY 9.4 or better-these will replace some of my VF copies. The gloss on the book is like new--and ALL have white pages. How did I luck out? (hint: get your books where it's cold).

Oh, and some of my bronze horror grades that came back:

Ghosts #1 CGC 9.4 White Pages

Witching Hour #1 CGC 9.0 White Pages

Witching Hour #1 CGC 9.2 OffWhite-White Pages

cloud9.gif

Also, I got an Unexpected #109 CGC 9.4, HOM 215 9.6+, and HOS 110 9.6+ in today--and they look great! Thanks Metropolis!

Nice! First Cain cover!

Really? I didn't know that! See...that why I hang around here. The people here are like having an encyclopedia of comics knowledge right at your fingertips! thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Nice! First Cain cover!

Really? I didn't know that! See...that why I hang around here. The people here are like having an encyclopedia of comics knowledge right at your fingertips! thumbsup2.gif

Jim

thumbsup2.gif

Me either, thanks! Just had to update my new marketplace listing as this is one of the books I've been able to upgrade recently and my undercopy is now available... cloud9.gif