• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

I know it's not the right place to sell a book but what the hey...this book is COMPLETELY unrestored and I bought it from a guy in humboldt county who said it was the last one in existence.

5 billion dollars asking price.. and yes, it's pressed and convicted.

tc15.jpg

Why is Marlon Brando on the cover?

Let me kill the thread some more: Tim Tebow was drafted in the 1st round by Denver :acclaim:

wow..had to put the girls to bed and i missed a lot...

Tim doesn't even have to change the color's of his room or bed sheets now... lol

don't make me do a Tebow Hulk #1...unless you really want it. lol

this thread had accomplished what it set out to do, alert the cgc boards to how this particular seller approaches selling books... but if this particular seller doesn't comply to someone elses standards, then I am not sure I would say "dishonest', but more along the lines of "not disclosing to one's fellow boardies"

we would hope that we would be motivated to help each other out, but folks, come on, that just ain't the way the wheel turns

Stop with the logic, reason and open minded approach to this situation.

You're going to ruin a perfectly good thread. :baiting:

Are you covering for Roy this evening Rick? :baiting:

:roflmao: Damn now THAT is funny

Not if you're Rick Roy it isn't.

:baiting:

Let's at least get FRANKIE's twisted version of the facts straight:

• He claims that he never listed the 8.5 slabbed book here. He claims that he sold it at Wondercon to someone - but he hasn't said to whom. He also claims to have a witness who saw the sale.

• He claims that he listed the (different) raw 9.2 copy here on the board. He never listed it on Ebay. He claims he sent some emails out to some of his previous customers, and one of those customers (who had previous bought from him on Ebay) took him up on the deal and he shipped the book out to the guy this morning.

For what it's worth, there it is.

I wish I had said the same thing 5 pages ago meh

Can you time travel?

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

Just a $500 difference, that's all

even with a $500.00 difference Is it not possible that who ever bought or buys the book may believe it to be higher OR lower than the CGC grade of 8.5? I mean come on how many of us have bought a PGX book cracked it out and submitted it to CGC and a different grade higher or lower comes back. Just using that to make a point that grading is very subjuctive and if you asked 20 different people to look at the book in hand I would say you would get a range of 8.0-9.2. I understand that there is a big difference in price. However, if the buyer or potenial buyer agrees with the grade the Dr gave it and is completely happy . Is there anything wrong with that?

Its a totally different situation if he sells it as a 9.2 and the buyer is unhappy and wants to return the book. As long as the Dr. refunds the money or adjusts the price accordingly then that would be ok as well IMHO

You're missing the point by about a mile.

Muscleshark bought a pressed, slabbed 8.5 book - he cracks it, offers up it for sale as 9.2 raw, and doesn't disclose the fact that it was pressed (which I personally don't care about) and that it was previously graded as a 8.5 (which I do care about).

If you don't see the blatant dishonesty in that, you shouldn't be selling here on the boards either.

On the side of being open minded, I sold a bronze key to Jive who thought it looked much better than the assigned CGC grade and so he gave it a straight resub and it went from a CGC 9.0 to a CGC 9.6. True story.

On the topic of this thread, Frank just lied through his teeth without flinching a muscle. They are without a doubt the same book. That's enough for me.

In my opinion...Roy , you are a hopeless dope without a clue. Nothing more...nothing less, wow a real leader of the masses...... lol

Again, I will say. Grow up Frank. You can either show proof or not. You will know what will happen either way

Find your own "Get Rich Quick" scheme...pretty sure Danny Dupcak already tried this one and failed

I thought Danny was quite successful at what he does? :shrug:

but did it end well? Does he have a better reputation because of the things he did?

remains to be seen. and a matter of opinion.

well, IMO, from what I gather, screwing people over just to make a buck for yourself is pretty 2c

I agree. But he banks well on ebay. How that ends remains to be seen. As for his "rep"...the eBay auctions still get bids.

We all know "here" he is a DB. But we are a limited group. Don't be naive.

Well thanks for letting me know, but you didn't have to go as far as calling me naive.

I apologize for that. No disrespect meant. But I feel there is a "game" here you are commenting on in which you lack experience. Again, no disrespect meant. :luhv:

• He claims that he never listed the 8.5 slabbed book here. He claims that he sold it at Wondercon to someone - but he hasn't said to whom. He also claims to have a witness who saw the sale.

• He claims that he listed the (different) raw 9.2 copy here on the board. He never listed it on Ebay. He claims he sent some emails out to some of his previous customers, and one of those customers (who had previous bought from him on Ebay) took him up on the deal and he shipped the book out to the guy this morning.

WTTB! :applause:

Can you time travel?

No, I picked Magneto's super power, dammit!

WTTB! :applause:

lol

Damn, this thread is just sucking the life out of my Archie thread.

Just you wait. I hear Archie can suck the dimples off of a golf ball. :gossip:

I heard it was the chrome off a bumper. (shrug)

No no no.....you both got it all wrong.....it's sucking a golf ball through a garden hose. :makepoint:

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

even with a $500.00 difference Is it not possible that who ever bought or buys the book may believe it to be higher OR lower than the CGC grade of 8.5? I mean come on how many of us have bought a PGX book cracked it out and submitted it to CGC and a different grade higher or lower comes back. Just using that to make a point that grading is very subjuctive and if you asked 20 different people to look at the book in hand I would say you would get a range of 8.0-9.2. I understand that there is a big difference in price. However, if the buyer or potenial buyer agrees with the grade the Dr gave it and is completely happy . Is there anything wrong with that?

Its a totally different situation if he sells it as a 9.2 and the buyer is unhappy and wants to return the book. As long as the Dr. refunds the money or adjusts the price accordingly then that would be ok as well IMHO

Muscleshark bought a pressed, slabbed 8.5 book - he cracks it, offers up it for sale as 9.2 raw, and doesn't disclose the fact that it was pressed (which I personally don't care about) and that it was previously graded as a 8.5 (which I do care about).

If you don't see the blatant dishonesty in that, you shouldn't be selling here on the boards either.

On the side of being open minded, I sold a bronze key to Jive who thought it looked much better than the assigned CGC grade and so he gave it a straight resub and it went from a CGC 9.0 to a CGC 9.6. True story.

On the topic of this thread, Frank just lied through his teeth without flinching a muscle. They are without a doubt the same book. That's enough for me.

In my opinion...Roy , you are a hopeless dope without a clue. Nothing more...nothing less, wow a real leader of the masses...... lol

Again, I will say. Grow up Frank. You can either show proof or not. You will know what will happen either way

Find your own "Get Rich Quick" scheme...pretty sure Danny Dupcak already tried this one and failed

but did it end well? Does he have a better reputation because of the things he did?

well, IMO, from what I gather, screwing people over just to make a buck for yourself is pretty 2c

I agree. But he banks well on ebay. How that ends remains to be seen. As for his "rep"...the eBay auctions still get bids.

Well thanks for letting me know, but you didn't have to go as far as calling me naive.

I apologize for that. No disrespect meant. But I feel there is a "game" here you are commenting on in which you lack experience. Again, no disrespect meant. :luhv:

well lesson learned for this newb..i'll just stay out of the big boys' way

You also need to stop nesting quotes. It messed up the flow of the conversation.

:insane:

ohhhhhhhh SNAP. ^^

You also need to stop nesting quotes. It messed up the flow of the conversation.

:insane:

WORD! oh Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike?. I did the nesting thing agian! :sorry:

ohhhhhhhh SNAP. ^^

don't get all excited, everyone is carpping on me because of what I said. So this newb will post no more on comic threads, as I don't have that much to offer I guess :sorry:

ohhhhhhhh SNAP. ^^

don't get all excited, everyone is carpping on me because of what I said. So this newb will post no more on comic threads, as I don't have that much to offer I guess :sorry:

(tsk) Nonsense - look at all the great discourse you encouraged :smile: