Page 15 of 20 « First<1314151617>Last »
Topic Options
#5280800 - 12/06/11 09:31 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: hal]
coin guy dan Offline
Collector

Loc: the mountains of southern cali...
even with no return policy you are completely coverd by ebay buyer protection.up to 45 days. try it. i send coins out for grading,expensive coins that my novice eyes seem to be good and even a month later,cracked out of the sellers flip or huggie or what ever they call it. i still get my refund.never once have i not. 3 out of 10 coins i buy will be returned upon delivery and another 1 to 2 will be returned after grading so generally 5 out of 10 coins will come back good to great.. raw coin dealer bubbasullys coins come back from n.g.c. 7 out of 10 times good.not a bad average.same with great southern coin. have had good luck with those two. as a rule stay away from large cents on ebay and most older small cents always cleaned or altered in some way. just my thoughts and i hope this helps.thanks danny fricker

#5281339 - 12/06/11 02:02 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: coin guy dan]
ComicConnoisseur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: BOSTON STRONG
 Originally Posted By: coin guy dan
even with no return policy you are completely coverd by ebay buyer protection.up to 45 days. try it. i send coins out for grading,expensive coins that my novice eyes seem to be good and even a month later,cracked out of the sellers flip or huggie or what ever they call it. i still get my refund.never once have i not. 3 out of 10 coins i buy will be returned upon delivery and another 1 to 2 will be returned after grading so generally 5 out of 10 coins will come back good to great.. raw coin dealer bubbasullys coins come back from n.g.c. 7 out of 10 times good.not a bad average.same with great southern coin. have had good luck with those two. as a rule stay away from large cents on ebay and most older small cents always cleaned or altered in some way. just my thoughts and i hope this helps.thanks danny fricker

+1 That`s why dealers who say they don`t accept returns for CGC comic books on Ebay are dead wrong. If your not satisfied with a CGC or non-CGC comic book you will get your refund on Ebay. It doesn`t matter what the seller says about returns, as Ebay and Paypal make the final decision.

#5288630 - 12/08/11 08:10 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: LadyWonder]
azda Offline
Just got here

Loc: Europe
To be honest, i find your comment about NEVER BUYING from the UK offensive. You obviously had a problem with either buying or selling or postage.

Taking 1 problem and painting it with the whole of Ebay Uk is unrealistic and actually pathetic.

As for people saying NEVER buy from ebayers who don't accept returns, well ebays returns policy is in actual fact *spoon* anyway, when you state you don't accept and someone has a problem, you are forced to take the item back and issue a refund, so why have this policy in the 1st place.

Regarding ebays feedback, its flawed no end, sellers cannot leave NEGS for non payers, yet people can rip you off left right and centre stating their item never got to them when it actually did, ebay is in actual fact *spoon*.

It also allows shill bidding even when evidence against a shill bidder is so water tight it could'nt get past a ducks *spoon*, it also does'nt react to fake coins, i've seen 3 or 4 rare coins on ebay, from China or that region, all the same coin from different sellers quoting as genuine when in fact they are not, where is ebays "this is a fake coin button"?

Ebay is a monster, if you pay huge fees monthly then you are god to them and will not be touched, the smaller sellers will always get pissed on from ebay... FACT

End of my rant.

Why do American love that wildly_fanciful_statement fake toning on coins which is obviously man made with some lighter fuel

#5441665 - 02/12/12 03:28 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: azda]
mintcollector Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Pennsylvania
Here is my advice for buying on eBay. Keep in mind that I have several eBay accounts and 100% positive feedback on all of them. The reason I have multiple accounts is for tax purposes; just in case anyone is wondering. Some are business accounts and some are personal. That being said, here is the best advice I can give anyone; coming from a professional buyer and seller:

NOTE THAT THIS IS A LONG POST!

First, and some will argue with me over this; read BOTH the eBay and PayPal user agreements. You cannot imagine how many buyers (and sellers) I do business with who do NOT understand these documents (which are legally binding I may add). Most of all issues can be solved just by reading these documents. Here is one such example; most buyers I interact with have no idea what 'handling' time is defined as. This is clearly explained on ebay if you take the time to understand any and all terms you don't understand.

Second, NEVER; even if a discount is offered; 'gift' a seller payment through PayPal. All protection is lost!

For items over $250, the seller must have PROOF of signature AND valid proof of delivery. If you ordered a CGC graded comic book and a small box shows up (that would not even be able to hold a regular ungraded comic book); make sure the post office REFUSES the package. Do NOT sign for it! Use common sense. Then report the incident to PayPal. Make sure you get a copy of the delivery number after you refuse the item. You may need this number. Do NOT assume it is the same number the seller gave you!

FEEDBACK should be a LAST RESORT! Ever hear of slander? Just do an internet search of 'ebay feedback lawsuit' and see what comes up. Yes, you can easily be held liable for what you state in feedback; or even on internet forums. If something is untrue and cannot be proven, don't say it! Stick to only the facts! Facts can be proven. Never attack the seller (or the buyer). It can only make matters worse.

You have 45 days to file a PayPal/eBay dispute. Time is of the essence, because your next step (especially if you paid via credit card and PayPal denied your claim) is to initiate a chargeback. Do NOT allow anyone to 'string' you along. Some 'scammers; are very good at making you wait and wait; only to hope you forget to file your claim within 45 days. On day 46; PayPal will not help you (again read your user agreements).

Buy from sellers that answer all questions, have factual listings, and show the item in full detail. Ask for recommendation on forums if you must; but know that some of the best sellers are also at times, some of the most unheard of. This is because most small time sellers are too focused on selling to advertise their services and or business. When I deal in video games all my customers are happy (to my knowledge), but I am fairly unknown on almost every video game related forum I visit. This is common.

Understand that if you return an item you have to pay the cost to return it. Occassionaly a seller may agree to pay it, but it is rare. I use this as an example; if you buy something at Wal*Mart and need to return it, Wal*Mart does NOT reimburse you for your cost of gas to drive there. Shipping costs are the same way in my opinion and there is a cost of doing business. This being one of them.

In the end, just be cautious, and you will be fine. I actually wrote an ebay guide on avoiding issues on ebay. If I get time I will post some of it here for the community to view. eBay can be a great place to find certain collectibles. That being said, and as a result; anyone can sell there. While I believe most sellers are truly overall 'good' people, the few 'bad apples' that remain seem to spoil the whole bunch. personally I would never buy an ungraded collectible off of ebay. That is just me. In the end knowledge is a buyer and seller's best friend!

Happy collecting!

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Edited by mintcollector (02/12/12 03:32 PM)

#5553272 - 03/26/12 09:11 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: mintcollector]
ComicConnoisseur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: BOSTON STRONG
 Originally Posted By: mintcollector
Here is my advice for buying on eBay. Keep in mind that I have several eBay accounts and 100% positive feedback on all of them. The reason I have multiple accounts is for tax purposes; just in case anyone is wondering. Some are business accounts and some are personal. That being said, here is the best advice I can give anyone; coming from a professional buyer and seller:

NOTE THAT THIS IS A LONG POST!

First, and some will argue with me over this; read BOTH the eBay and PayPal user agreements. You cannot imagine how many buyers (and sellers) I do business with who do NOT understand these documents (which are legally binding I may add). Most of all issues can be solved just by reading these documents. Here is one such example; most buyers I interact with have no idea what 'handling' time is defined as. This is clearly explained on ebay if you take the time to understand any and all terms you don't understand.

Second, NEVER; even if a discount is offered; 'gift' a seller payment through PayPal. All protection is lost!

For items over $250, the seller must have PROOF of signature AND valid proof of delivery. If you ordered a CGC graded comic book and a small box shows up (that would not even be able to hold a regular ungraded comic book); make sure the post office REFUSES the package. Do NOT sign for it! Use common sense. Then report the incident to PayPal. Make sure you get a copy of the delivery number after you refuse the item. You may need this number. Do NOT assume it is the same number the seller gave you!

FEEDBACK should be a LAST RESORT! Ever hear of slander? Just do an internet search of 'ebay feedback lawsuit' and see what comes up. Yes, you can easily be held liable for what you state in feedback; or even on internet forums. If something is untrue and cannot be proven, don't say it! Stick to only the facts! Facts can be proven. Never attack the seller (or the buyer). It can only make matters worse.

You have 45 days to file a PayPal/eBay dispute. Time is of the essence, because your next step (especially if you paid via credit card and PayPal denied your claim) is to initiate a chargeback. Do NOT allow anyone to 'string' you along. Some 'scammers; are very good at making you wait and wait; only to hope you forget to file your claim within 45 days. On day 46; PayPal will not help you (again read your user agreements).

Buy from sellers that answer all questions, have factual listings, and show the item in full detail. Ask for recommendation on forums if you must; but know that some of the best sellers are also at times, some of the most unheard of. This is because most small time sellers are too focused on selling to advertise their services and or business. When I deal in video games all my customers are happy (to my knowledge), but I am fairly unknown on almost every video game related forum I visit. This is common.

Understand that if you return an item you have to pay the cost to return it. Occassionaly a seller may agree to pay it, but it is rare. I use this as an example; if you buy something at Wal*Mart and need to return it, Wal*Mart does NOT reimburse you for your cost of gas to drive there. Shipping costs are the same way in my opinion and there is a cost of doing business. This being one of them.

In the end, just be cautious, and you will be fine. I actually wrote an ebay guide on avoiding issues on ebay. If I get time I will post some of it here for the community to view. eBay can be a great place to find certain collectibles. That being said, and as a result; anyone can sell there. While I believe most sellers are truly overall 'good' people, the few 'bad apples' that remain seem to spoil the whole bunch. personally I would never buy an ungraded collectible off of ebay. That is just me. In the end knowledge is a buyer and seller's best friend!

Happy collecting!

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Good advice and good post! \(thumbs u

#5625446 - 04/24/12 03:32 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: mintcollector]
EXOJUNKIE Offline
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Mountain West
Good post MINT! Sound advice based on experience is always welcome. Keep it coming!

ANA LM

#5637921 - 04/29/12 12:20 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: EXOJUNKIE]
mintcollector Offline
Chatzilla

Originally Posted By: EXOJUNKIE
Good post MINT! Sound advice based on experience is always welcome. Keep it coming!

Thanks, guys. I will eventually post a link to some of my 'eBay guides' that deal with these topics more extensively. That being said, I have written well over thirty 'guides' on antiques and collectibles and will be 'streamlining' most of them. Once that is complete, I will gladly post more!

Kind Regards,

'mint'

#5680545 - 05/14/12 04:04 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: mintcollector]
Kal-El Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
Is this appropriate thread to ask for references for a specific eBay seller?

#5682420 - 05/15/12 05:48 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Kal-El]
mintcollector Offline
Chatzilla

Originally Posted By: Kal-El
Is this appropriate thread to ask for references for a specific eBay seller?

This is an 'ebay advice thread' and a locked thread as well. It is not meant to ask for or comment on individual sellers.

Respectfully,

'mint'

#5759703 - 06/10/12 05:15 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: mintcollector]
J3_Dog Offline
The Collectinator

Great Post,

I am thinking about selling on Ebay and this is very good info. I have been reading some of the policies but I get confused especially about the prices that go along with selling.
I can see why the "Return Section" part would be hard, having to deal with dishonest buyer's that you can't suit no matter what.
I also get confused with the Invoice Section. I have a Seller right now that is going to Repay me using PayPal. I jjust opened my account. My question is that, am I going to have to pay fees for accepting my payment back. I've heard bad stories about Paypal being able to lock my account up. Then what??

Anyway, There has to be better ways to sell and not have different fees. I can hardly understand all that stuff.

I hope to keep in contact with "Mintcollector" and hope you will continue to post.

Thank You...........

Page 15 of 20 « First<1314151617>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
11/25/14 09:23 AM
Huge BLACK FRIDAY Sale starting at 12 am November 28th!
by JackieOF
11/24/14 08:28 PM
Comics Marketplace
Avengers HUGE Movie Banner
by Secret Son
10:50 PM
TRADE ONLY- Detective Comics 39, 94, 111; Ned Adventure 18, Am. Spider-Man 14
by timecrisisfan
10:36 PM
Turkey Day Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC .5 Blue Cr-OW Pages
by jgallo
10:34 PM
RAW BOOKS - FOREVER PEOPLE 1 SILVER SURFER 4 FANTASTIC FOUR 49
by jsilverjanet
09:17 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.