• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age on the forum
1 1

356 posts in this topic

Just read this thread through for the first time...great debate reading! Still doesn't seem to be a consensus on where the Copper Age begins & ends, but I feel more knowledgeable for having read through this thread...picked up some things I didn't know before! :applause:

I'd like to add an age, basically the rise of the speculator, 1M+ print runs, chromium covers, death of Superman, etc. until the crash. I think the modern age as we know is a little more recent than 1994.

Golden Age (1938-1945)

Pre-Code(1946-1955)

Silver Age (1956-1969)

Bronze Age(1970-1982)

Copper Age (1983-1993)

Chromium Age (1994-???)

Modern Age (??? to present)

Edited by AGGIEZ

New pickup.....I thought I got it pretty cheap especially considering the movie hype. I have a raw copy but it was cheaper to just pick one up already graded vs. Sending a copy in the be graded.

dc0f_3.jpg

I am doing a bump on this thread so maybe we can have a general discussion thread and not have to start a new one every time there is something going on in the world of Copper.

I have to give myself a :banana: for this weekend. While I was looking for some John Carpenter books this weekend, i dug through a ton of dollar boxes. The best pulls of the weekend were Lone Wolf and Cub 43,44,45 in NM/M and Samurai Penguin 1-5 in NM+

I had never even seen a #5 before. :cloud9:

I am doing a bump on this thread so maybe we can have a general discussion thread and not have to start a new one every time there is something going on in the world of Copper.

I have to give myself a :banana: for this weekend. While I was looking for some John Carpenter books this weekend, i dug through a ton of dollar boxes. The best pulls of the weekend were Lone Wolf and Cub 43,44,45 in NM/M and Samurai Penguin 1-5 in NM+

I had never even seen a #5 before. :cloud9:

:golfclap:

Hit one of the LCs yesterday. Scored a couple of Copper beauties. 1st up is one of my favorite Dave Stevens covers on a very nice copy of an Eclipse Twisted Tales GN:

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-83.jpg

Second, I pulled the trigger on a Razor Annual that I have been looking at for a long time. It is signed by Evertt Hartsoe and some else, maybe Billy Tucci, in a series of 999 signed copies. I don't know if these were done at the time of publishing or were after-market. It is about an 8.5. It looks much better but is has a real severe crunch in the LLC. Very nice for the price

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-82.jpg

Just curious if there are any plans to add a Copper Comics section to the forum. Is CGC resisting this new classification? Is it just something that will take time? Is it pointless? Thoughts?

thanks

I'm pushing for the Aluminum Foil Age myself.

Seems to work for me, considering all the foil covers and what not!

yay.gif

That is funny and true!

yeah but he's got THE BEST COPY. true, it's common as ants, and even truer that one day it's inevitable that another 10 will appear and be sold for probably 40% of this one's hammer price, but dammit HE'S GOT HIM THE BESTEST COPY!

i bet he puts it on his CV. right under "achievements."

yeah but he's got THE BEST COPY. true, it's common as ants, and even truer that one day it's inevitable that another 10 will appear and be sold for probably 40% of this one's hammer price, but dammit HE'S GOT HIM THE BESTEST COPY!

i bet he puts it on his CV. right under "achievements."

lol!!!! The book actually went for 5750 with the juice. (shrug)

Second, I pulled the trigger on a Razor Annual that I have been looking at for a long time. It is signed by Evertt Hartsoe and some else, maybe Billy Tucci, in a series of 999 signed copies. I don't know if these were done at the time of publishing or were after-market. It is about an 8.5. It looks much better but is has a real severe crunch in the LLC. Very nice for the price

You hit the signatures right on the head, Sean.

They signed many of these together. I have one myself that is an 8.0/8.5 with the same placement, same signatures, and sounds like the same damage.

You hit the signatures right on the head, Sean.

They signed many of these together. I have one myself that is an 8.0/8.5 with the same placement, same signatures, and sounds like the same damage.

I won this on C-Link. Will be framed and put up in my daughter's room.

CareBears.jpg