• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,106 posts in this topic

And here are the raw books! ASM #1 and 1st AF#15 with copies of cover and original books inside! FF#1 Cover recreation with original book inside. 2nd AF#15 low grade original and finally JLA #1 All original!

asm1afc.jpg

af15fc2.jpg

ff1fc.jpg

af15fc.jpg

JLA1.jpg

Edited by ComicDoc

Comicdoc, I was wondering who bought up all those cover recreations!!! I just love the way those look. Great way to get an amazing looking grail affordable!!! Did Matt Nelson do those ones? He does them so seamlessly. The final press it gets makes it seem so original in a lot of ways. Kind of brings it all together!

I REALLY need a scanner soon! I feel so left out and I've scored a lot of awesome mid-grade early X-mens for my run. I think since I started the run a month or two ago, I've aquired my grail, #1, plus 14 other books. It's been so much fun. What's cool is I've been using local shops mostly. Outer limits in Waltham has especially had some deals. I got a X-men #22 around a 5.5 or so for $28! Not sure of the OSPG or GPA, but I felt like I got an awesome deal for a book with great colors and awesome page quality!

One of the few moderns that will be worth anything in the future.

cbkthecrow.jpg

I was wondering who was bidding against the shill account that had won the Crow 1 CGC 9.8 two weeks before this sold.

Since a 9.4 sold (about a month ago) for only $40 less than this copy, the "shill" didn't do a very good job. I got a great deal.

I was wondering who was bidding against the shill account that had won the Crow 1 CGC 9.8 two weeks before this sold.

Since a 9.4 sold (about a month ago) for only $40 less than this copy, the "shill" didn't do a very good job. I got a great deal.

He actually did since late last year two Crow 1 CGC 9.6s sold for $150.

I saw the two CGC 9.4 auctions that went for $140 (+) and it was junior bidders that most probably didn't know market value.

The shill also tried to bid up the Crow 1 CGC 9.8 from the same seller two weeks before, and after a few folks figured out what was going on, they either avoided bidding or retracted a $900 offer. That's why it sold for $500 (+). He learned a hard lesson as that book should have sold for $1K (+).

You still picked up a nice book.

I didn't realize the Crow was a valuable modern!

Extremely limited distribution, memorable character, events of O'Barr's life involved in the overall plot leading to an emotional story, and a fanatical fan base. All adds up to a hit.

Here is my recent purchase on the Boards :whee:

Avengers126.jpg

Love this one. Klaw is one of my favorite Marvel villains. A shame you don't see him more often... Great book

Just realised this cover was copied from Fantastic Four 56

56-1.jpg

I didn't realize the Crow was a valuable modern!

Extremely limited distribution, memorable character, events of O'Barr's life involved in the overall plot leading to an emotional story, and a fanatical fan base. All adds up to a hit.

And its a great read too (thumbs u

He actually did since late last year two Crow 1 CGC 9.6s sold for $150.

I saw the two CGC 9.4 auctions that went for $140 (+) and it was junior bidders that most probably didn't know market value.

The shill also tried to bid up the Crow 1 CGC 9.8 from the same seller two weeks before, and after a few folks figured out what was going on, they either avoided bidding or retracted a $900 offer. That's why it sold for $500 (+). He learned a hard lesson as that book should have sold for $1K (+).

You still picked up a nice book.

So, according to you, a 9.8 should go for $1000+, and I paid too much ($190) for a 9.6, and the 2 9.4 @ $140 were too much because both buyers of those book had no idea what they were doing? :screwy:

Comicdoc, I was wondering who bought up all those cover recreations!!! I just love the way those look. Great way to get an amazing looking grail affordable!!! Did Matt Nelson do those ones? He does them so seamlessly. The final press it gets makes it seem so original in a lot of ways. Kind of brings it all together!

I REALLY need a scanner soon! I feel so left out and I've scored a lot of awesome mid-grade early X-mens for my run. I think since I started the run a month or two ago, I've aquired my grail, #1, plus 14 other books. It's been so much fun. What's cool is I've been using local shops mostly. Outer limits in Waltham has especially had some deals. I got a X-men #22 around a 5.5 or so for $28! Not sure of the OSPG or GPA, but I felt like I got an awesome deal for a book with great colors and awesome page quality!

The FF was done by Matt Nelson and has his certificate of work! This recreation is awesome it has the look and feel of the era. :banana: The AF#1 and ASM#1 have very nice "Xerox" covers on heavy glossy paper although they are very nice I am going to send them in those two to get covers done by Matt Nelson so they have more of the original appearance. :screwy: (I know I am a little obsessive compulsive)

I agree these are great to have especially if you read comics. I read AF#15, ASM#1, FF#1, JIM#83 and JLA#1 over the last week! :whee: It was great!! :acclaim:

I have never been to Outer Limits I mostly go to Larry's Comics in Lowell and Chris' in Salem NH. Will have to try and get down there to check it out. Also would like to get out to Superworld Comics in Holden MA and Hub Comics in Somerville MA.

So, according to you, a 9.8 should go for $1000+, and I paid too much ($190) for a 9.6, and the 2 9.4 @ $140 were too much because both buyers of those book had no idea what they were doing? :screwy:

Wow! Looks like you took offense to the situation. Good thing is, you'll get over it - or you won't.

Meanwhile, the seller was shilling his books.