• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think we need a sticky with a current and updated "Probation List" that way we all don't have to find the latest one in this thread.

Just have the moderators add/delete boardies when deemed by us to be necessary.

I think there should be a "good to go" thread versus a proby thread. It would be easier to see a list of folks who are honest and can be trusted with board transactions. Only way to get on the list is by recommendations (more than one) and past buy/selling thread history. Just a thought.

Russ is a nice guy... but he's a horrible business owner. (shrug)

i don't know. i didn't think nice people stole other's hard earned money!?!

Yes, and I understand that the deadliest poisonous mushrooms known to man, taste delicious! :grin:

Who lived to tell about that then?

It takes several days to die as your organs fall apart . . .

My point is that I don't think that he intentionally set out to defraud people... but that his poor business decisions contributed to him crossing the line. No excuses there.

And apparently has decided to stay on that side of the line ever since. No, sorry. In life you choose to do right or not & he made that choice.

Exactly... and apparently the not so thin line between poor business decisions and outright criminal theft aren't so thin for Russell Altomare and his alleged 'store' Comic Supply....

DO NOT PATRONIZE COMIC SUPPLY

an update regarding Comic Supply and Russell Altomare. I rescind my comments regarding him.. i FINALLY received my item that was a May 2009 preorder.
Consider yourself lucky. He probably robbed 2 other people to pay for that stuff. lol

It's nice that this thread has been silent for awhile.

Man, that's just like chanting "Candyman" into a mirror.

Just posting this in its proper place...

Bought a book (PLANET #52) from BATMANFAN, paid for it 4th Jan. Got a message back saying it would be shipped on the 5th Jan.

Nothing so far and the last message I sent last week asking about it has been unread by him.

Can I nominate him for the probation list then?

I think you should, see here:

Where oh where

and then here:

Batmanfan is an a-hole

:o That sucks to see your book listed so quickly

Just posting this in the proper place

Bought a book (PLANET #52) from BATMANFAN, paid for it 4th Jan. Got a message back saying it would be shipped on the 5th Jan.

Nothing so far and the last message I sent last week asking about it has been unread by him.

Can I nominate him for the probation list then?

Would appear that you could.

I got the book I bought in a timely manner. I did have it CGC'd as someone had suggested it might have restoration, and it was OK.

I didn't post anything publically BECAUSE I had asked to speak with him when I bought the book and he had Gus call me instead. When I asked for his name/phone number, he reluctantly gave me his cell phone...after a few emails. Never got his name, so I was not 100 percent gung ho about recommending him.

I was just not terribly comfortable with the masking...However, except for that, I had no problems with my transaction, and Gus was very nice on the phone ...he even offered to ship me a Sensation 31 I was interested in on approval, but I declined.

I have a feeling that Gus is the one to contact, not Tom.

I'm sorry both of you have been going through this stuff. Andrew, since I'm in NY, if you want me to, I'll call Gus for you, just PM me.

It's possible, it's just bad communication...after all, he was a brand new poster when he started the threads...might not check on PMs.

I'd also start a Paypal/credit card dispute if you can, that might wake someone up.

I'd like dhurley1125 added to the Probation list.

Last week, during my recent sales thread, he sent me a PM asking whether I had any Walking Dead #11-67's in NM+. I sent him back a list of 8 books, and told him he had first dibs but that I'd list them in the thread if he didn't want them.

He sent me an offer for all 8 books which I accepted.

He then looked at my thread, saw three other books he wanted and sent me an offer on those 3 books + the 8 previus books. I countered with a different offer to which he replied:

Ok deal what paypal account do you want the payment sent to for $XX

I had to take my daughter to a kid's birthday party, so I wasn't able to immediately respond. When I got back, he'd sent me this message:

So I am in the dentist my.wife had to go in an emergency tooth work I wouldn't have the money till Friday if u can wait cool if not I understand let me know....sorry

I replied that that was not a problem - Friday would be fine.

He wrote back:

Ok cool thanks just let me know what paypal account to send the payment too

I sent him my paypal address & figured that was that.

3 hours later I get this PM from him:

Ok really bad news I can't afford the $60, so I would like to cancel they transaction..I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate all the help. If I can do anything to help in the future don't be afraid to ask.

thanks for your understanding

DH

I told him that wasn't acceptable - we'd made a deal & I expected him to stick by it. He wrote back and say that he just couldn't afford the books & there was nothing he could do.

Now ... I was going to let him off the hook till I spotted him posting in Andrew's Choker #1 Exclusive Limted Edition Variant For Sale!! thread yesterday - I asked Andrew whether dhurley1125 had committed to buying one of the Choker books and Andrew confirmed that he had.

So 6 days ago he couldn't afford to pay me for my books - but yesterday he had no problem committing to buying a book from Andrew :screwy:

I realize that normally there's a 30-day waiting period for the probation list, but in this case he has made it perfectly clear that he has no intention of paying for the books no matter how long I wait - so I think he should be added immediately, so other people won't have to deal with this *spoon*.

I realize that normally there's a 30-day waiting period for the probation list, but in this case he has made it perfectly clear that he has no intention of paying for the books no matter how long I wait - so I think he should be added immediately, so other people won't have to deal with this *spoon*.

Unfortunately, there is a 30-day expectation, so I would let him know within that time if he doesn't pay, the rules are he goes on the probation list and he cannot buy or sell on here.

Rules are rules.

:rulez:

Unfortunately, there is a 30-day expectation, so I would let him know within that time if he doesn't pay, the rules are he goes on the probation list and he cannot buy or sell on here.

Rules are rules.

When a buyer has made it perfectly clear he's not going to pay period, there is no reason to wait 30 days before adding him to the probation list. All that does is give him more time to stiff other people.

We've had this discussion before, and in the past, exceptions for exactly this situation have been made (as they should).

Rules are rules.

When a buyer has made it perfectly clear he's not going to pay within 30 days, there is no reason to wait 30 days before adding him to the probation list. All that does is give him more time to stiff other people.

We've had this discussion before, and in the past, exceptions for exactly this situation have been made.

Did you inform the buyer if he doesn't pay for books he committed to what the board standards are?

I'd go that route first. This way, he realizes the next step is he is cut off completely. I think he has been buying on here for a little bit now, and that should be a wakeup.