Page 24 of 75 « First<2223242526>Last »
Topic Options
#5554969 - 03/26/12 10:31 PM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: drewincanada]
sniderwj Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Virginia, USA
So my scanner was kicking my butt today. While I was updating and going through new settings it had a 3D object/irregular object pre-set option. It didn't work because my scanner HP 8600 Pro cant do scans. But when I hovered over the setting I noticed that the 3d Object option is only supported by HP TopShot printers. Looks like they are doing 3D scanning.

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/topshot/index.html#.T3El3exSRzJ

Anyone seen these or used them? Thoughts?

My collecting goal:

My CAF Collection
Check it out

#5555561 - 03/27/12 09:16 AM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: drewincanada]
umyeahwhatevers Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: don't worry about it...
I was looking at All-In-Ones last night and was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on:
Epson WF 7510
or
HP 7500a

#5573402 - 04/03/12 09:12 PM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: umyeahwhatevers]
MagnetoWasRight Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Indian Trail, NC
After a ton of research and some help from this thread I picked up a HP 8300 off ebay last week. I have to say, I'm very pleased with the scans.

Here's a scan:

#5573419 - 04/03/12 09:18 PM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: MagnetoWasRight]
lhcomics Online   content
Talkative?

Sweet Hulk #1

#5577369 - 04/05/12 11:10 AM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: drewincanada]
Mike's Rack Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Peoria, AZ
 Originally Posted By: drewincanada
Any scanner should let you save the file directly to whatever drive you have connected to the computer... unless you're suggesting that you want to plug a flash drive directly into the scanner and bypass using a computer altogether. If this is not impossible (which I think it IS) then it's certainly not practical.
Yeah, I would like to bypass the computer all together. I would like to pay someone I trust to do the scans, however, the person I have in mind does not have a computer (long story). I have an all in one that will scan directly to a flash or usb drive and bypass the computer but it's huge and I don't want to lug it around. I'd prefer a flatbed. The scanning speed is also important since I'll be paying someone. I'm willing to pay more for a faster scanner but it is really hard to tell from the manufacturers information how fast they really are. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#5616291 - 04/20/12 10:46 PM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: Mike's Rack]
ComicConnoisseur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: BOSTON STRONG
I know someone who paid more for his scanner than it cost for his books to be slabbed!

�Let me issue and control a nation�s money and I care not who writes the laws.� - Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

#5674223 - 05/11/12 10:09 PM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: ComicConnoisseur]
DoubleCovaBrotha Offline

Loc: Joisey
Anyone try the Xerox DocuMate 515 Flatbed Fast Simplex ADF ColorScanner? I'm looking for a new scanner that can scan slabs with a budget of <$200. I found this one on Amazon:

Link

It looks a little big and seems to have more bells and whistles than I need, but it's 58% off! The reviews on this one are somewhat mixed but it'd be helpful if anyone had experience using this or any other similar Xerox scanner.

WTB: Any Amazing Spider-Man issues with a Double Cover

http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?_encodi...-bin:Mike Carey <- Best Vertigo series of all time!

#5674289 - 05/11/12 10:21 PM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: DoubleCovaBrotha]
Hibou Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Upstate New York
I've said this before, but I found a very reliable legal size scanner at a local Goodwill / Thrift shop just over a year ago.

Actually I found 2... both identical although one was used and the other, new in the box. For the both of them, I think I paid under $15.00.

Microtek ScanMaker E3 Plus (Parallel Port Interface)

And a sample...

#5674387 - 05/11/12 10:41 PM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: Hibou]
Speedmaster1971 Offline
Chatzilla

I'm sure this has been asked before but.... Are portable pen scanners adequate for scanning slabs?
#5674622 - 05/11/12 11:45 PM Re: Legal Size Scanner thread. [Re: Hibou]
DoubleCovaBrotha Offline

Loc: Joisey
 Originally Posted By: Hibou
I've said this before, but I found a very reliable legal size scanner at a local Goodwill / Thrift shop just over a year ago.

Actually I found 2... both identical although one was used and the other, new in the box. For the both of them, I think I paid under $15.00.

Microtek ScanMaker E3 Plus (Parallel Port Interface)

And a sample...

I used to have a Microtek ScanMaker X12USL which I absolutely loved. The problem was that I upgraded to windows Vista and the scanner was no longer compatible. I emailed the company a few times with no response for two weeks. When they finally e-mailed me back, all they told me was that they would not be creating new drivers to support the scanner.

I asked if there were any alternatives and they told me to go back to using Windows XP.

I vowed never to use another Microtek scanner.

WTB: Any Amazing Spider-Man issues with a Double Cover

http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?_encodi...-bin:Mike Carey <- Best Vertigo series of all time!

Page 24 of 75 « First<2223242526>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, nmp 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
New coins added to my website! 1909 VDB Cents; Chop Mark T$1; Dan Carr Medals ++
by illini420
05:37 PM
GreatCollections - Today - CAC High Relief, Baseball Coins, 1865 $5 and More
by ianrussell
09:21 AM
few barbers for your consideration.
by mrkbrown8709
01:19 AM
WTB- 1 real sweet PL Morgan. 1k budget
by KeeNoooo
11:12 PM
Comics Marketplace
RUPP'S DELUXE EASTER MIX SALE - ALL MIXED SINCE ITS IN MIXED.
by Bio-Rupp
Wondercon: Batman#29 (x2 left)
by heymikesays
05:11 PM
Las Vegas, NV, box of reader comics for only $0.01 pickup only
by neopacket
04:24 PM
WTF red hood and the outlaws oa pages
by Cheffantwann
04:17 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125x125 ComicLink Internet Comic Book Exchange 125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum