Page 14 of 32 « First<1213141516>Last »
Topic Options
#3650708 - 12/12/09 03:12 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: Scrooge]
PovertyRow Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Perv Toy Row, San Francisco
 Originally Posted By: Scrooge
 Originally Posted By: povertyrow
I am honored to be in the Pre-Code category.

I put your name in there. You know your stuff Pov \(thumbs u

I am honored you put my name there, Scrooge! It all started in a small factory town outside of Lawrence, Massachusetts. The son of poor wool knitters, I... doh\!

(Thanks Scrooge - even though I no longer collect I still maintain my interest in that genre.

#3650711 - 12/12/09 03:14 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: Boozad]
DrWatson Offline

"What are you armed with?"
"Guess."
"Guess?"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Twatosaurus rex
 Originally Posted By: Boozad
And again I'd like to extend some major kudos to Forrest for a brilliant thread, very informative and extremely useful.

Even the derails have been top quality and in good taste

I can fix that. hm

"When in a room full of people and no one has your back; it's time to move your back." ~ Anonymous

I think that life's too short for this. I want back my ignorance and bliss. I think I've had enough of this. Blow me... one last kiss.

You can tell the truth or you can lie. You can say I left you or I died. Say I'm in the Himalayas on some spiritual quest and could spend years lookin' for the light. Say I'm in the witness program with the F.B.I. Say a U.F.O. abducted me from home. Well, you can say what you chose, but I tell you the truth. You can say for sure I'm gone.

July 25, 2009.

#3650716 - 12/12/09 03:15 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: G.A.tor]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: I'm busy interneting.
 Originally Posted By: Detective27Kid
don't forget Kingofrulers, resident Playboy expert

This makes me laugh.

No offense meant to Stephen.

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#3650726 - 12/12/09 03:18 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: DrWatson]
Boozad Offline

Please, please. No more man-crushes. I've hit my limit.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: England.
 Originally Posted By: DrWatson
 Originally Posted By: Boozad
And again I'd like to extend some major kudos to Forrest for a brilliant thread, very informative and extremely useful.

Even the derails have been top quality and in good taste

I can fix that. hm

If it goes anything like this don't bother. My wife is getting seriously pissed at me for still laughing at it when I go to bed.

Originally Posted By: dekeuk
 Originally Posted By: Mr 9.8
 Originally Posted By: Chespirito
I could be much more indignant if I could remember who you were before your name change to Mr. 9.8. hm
\:o

The plot thickens..
I'm the poster formerly known as S.& M.

Fixed that for ya \(thumbs u

If you and Mr. 9.8 got together and had a love child it would be comicalgems.

#3650756 - 12/12/09 03:31 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
PovertyRow Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Perv Toy Row, San Francisco
 Originally Posted By: RockMyAmadeus
By the way....is it just me, or is it a tad...gauche...to proclaim oneself an expert at anything....? Isn't that rather a title that is bestowed upon you by superiors, colleagues, and peers....?

Maybe it's just me.

I don't think so.

If one is actually qualified to proclaim other people expert in certain fields, they must possess some criteria that makes such a proclamation valid. Why cannot that be applied to oneself as fairly as it can be applied to other people?

Also, to accept such a proclamation from others - is it not the same as proclaiming oneself an expert?

I ask you, now! I ASK you! Where were you on the night of the 17th? Do you have witnesses?

#3650796 - 12/12/09 03:56 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
hockey&comicsguy Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Nati
By the way....is it just me, or is it a tad...gauche...to proclaim oneself an expert at anything....? Isn't that rather a title that is bestowed upon you by superiors, colleagues, and peers....?

Maybe it's just me.

meh.... it may come off wrong or make one look arrogant or some such.

but if you're an expert at something then you're an expert at something. If you make a proclamation as such, hopefully you can back it up. If you can't, then you'll be found out. Why subject yourself to that kind of embarrassment when it'd just be easier to get some 22" rims and post pics of your sweet ride. \:\)

#3651152 - 12/12/09 06:54 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: hockey&comicsguy]
Mac Man Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: CT
Glad y'all are enjoying this thread. Weekend's been busy with some work, but another update will be made shortly along with a more aesthetic / organizational adjustment. \:\)

My CAF Art Gallery

"Yeah, yeah. He thinks being a Dungeon Master gives him a license to mess with our heads."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Perhaps I should let you encounter kittens and grandmas so as to not upset you."

Pain heals.
Chicks dig scars.
Glory is forever.

#3651165 - 12/12/09 06:58 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: PovertyRow]
RockMyAmadeus Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Deer Hunter
 Originally Posted By: povertyrow

Maybe it's just me.

I don't think so.

If one is actually qualified to proclaim other people expert in certain fields, they must possess some criteria that makes such a proclamation valid. Why cannot that be applied to oneself as fairly as it can be applied to other people?

Also, to accept such a proclamation from others - is it not the same as proclaiming oneself an expert?

I ask you, now! I ASK you! Where were you on the night of the 17th? Do you have witnesses?

In a business environment, where such information is vital to the regular course of business, I agree, it's absolutely necessary to state one's qualifications.

My resume is nothing but "this is what I do well, and this is what I do VERY well"

But on a message board, it seems...I dunno...a tad self-aggrandizing.

And I KNOW more than a few folks have shaken their heads at some of the self-proclaimed "experts" on the list. ;\)

As for where I was on the 17th, chances are good I was posting on this message board.

"I'm going to say the list is biased towards collectors born yesterday." - Dr. Balls

"This is the lowest example of class that I've ever witnessed on the boards." - bronzejonny

"DESSLOK, desslok desslok,...."

#3651167 - 12/12/09 06:58 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: Mac Man]
RockMyAmadeus Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Mac Man
Glad y'all are enjoying this thread. Weekend's been busy with some work, but another update will be made shortly along with a more aesthetic / organizational adjustment. \:\)

Yes, great thread!

"I'm going to say the list is biased towards collectors born yesterday." - Dr. Balls

"This is the lowest example of class that I've ever witnessed on the boards." - bronzejonny

#3651174 - 12/12/09 07:01 PM Re: Niche Collecting / Subject Matter Experts [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
RockMyAmadeus Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Oh, and of course, Restoman (Matt Nelson) should be listed under Restoration.

\(thumbs u

Page 14 of 32 « First<1213141516>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: $500 bill nice VF
by agentjim007
01:51 PM
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
11/25/14 09:23 AM
Comics Marketplace
Ebay Listing: DR. WHO Sketch Cover, original art
by ScottPVaughn
06:42 PM
THANKFUL FOR COMICS SALE! Mega Keys TTA 27 & AVENGERS 4 !!! Plus BATS & GGA
by TeeDub
04:41 PM
FS: FF45, DS 169,and IF 14 (all cgc 8'5s)
by c-mack
01:12 PM
BIG SALE, high grades! - DD1 , Thor 165, FF 48, TOS 48 + 57
by GAMBlT
12:58 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.014 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing