• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I have sent three PMs with no response; that is why I thought someone might have another means to contact him. We all go through tough times but it is how we handle them that defines us ultimately.

I'm going to add erbdom to the probation list for failure to complete a transaction.

He posted in the WTB section that he was looking for an Our Army At War #83. I responded, showed him the pictures, told him my asking price and he agreed to take it. He had some paypal problems and then told me that he would send a money order. No problem. Then he said he was selling some stuff and he would have enough money in his paypal account after all. I said great and to keep me posted. That was 1 month ago and my last 3 PMs have gone unread. I tried to get in touch with him through his paypal email account, but he has not responded. I do hope that he is alright, but I felt until I hear from him, his name should be on this list for not upholding his promise to pay.

Going to the other thread now to add his name. Hope this is acceptable.

Andy

Any idea how I can make contact with Chris? I made the mistake of selling some nice books at Long Beach and let him pay me half with the balance due in a month. He paid all but $350 and now I have no way to get in touch with him. Another dealer at the show vouched for him as a stand-up guy on the Boards and I bit. Mu mistake but any help would be appreciated.

Ed Robertson

Hi Ed,

So he's got the books? But still owes you $350?

David

Yes, he has the books. I am just looking for a way to get in touch with him to see what can be worked out but no other way to reach him. So much for trusting a Board member. I am learning that while there are many good things about the forum and its members, it has much the same challenges as eBay does which is rather disappointing. Life is a continual learning experience it seems.

Easy to get philosophical at 5:30 am. :)

It's a bit late to be stating the obvious but - never let buyers have the books before they've paid.

There are exceptions such as when you know the buyer well enough to trust them through personal dealings. But as a general rule if thumb, just don't let it happen. That's twice recently this has happened.

It's a bit late to be stating the obvious but - never let buyers have the books before they've paid.

There are exceptions such as when you know the buyer well enough to trust them through personal dealings. But as a general rule if thumb, kust don't let it happen. That's twice recently this has happened.

Agree :sumo:

There are exceptions such as when you know the buyer well enough to trust them through personal dealings. But as a general rule if thumb, just don't let it happen. That's twice recently this has happened.

I'll stop sending you books then :baiting:

:jokealert:

I'm hoping I fall into the that category :eek:

Why do I only spot my own typos when I've been quoted.

:foryou: Oh kust don't let it get you down Gav ;)

Kust drop it now eh? lol

Ok, kust jidding :foryou:

I know Steve :foryou:

Kust couldn't think of another way to get the typo in there again.

I'm hoping I fall into the that category :eek:

Always :foryou:

Any idea how I can make contact with Chris? I made the mistake of selling some nice books at Long Beach and let him pay me half with the balance due in a month. He paid all but $350 and now I have no way to get in touch with him. Another dealer at the show vouched for him as a stand-up guy on the Boards and I bit. Mu mistake but any help would be appreciated.

Ed Robertson

Sorry to here about that Ed, :sorry:

Atleast you know I always pay you when I get home, see you t Yorba Linda in about a month. :hi:

You might benfit ftom bringing a labtop to all your shows that way myself and other customers can pay via Paypal right away.

Edited by spiderman-on-tilt