• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,979 posts in this topic

years ago, I along with 2 of my middle school buddies went to the LCS after school. The new FF by John Byrne was out that day and I was the first one to pick one off the rack. To my surprise it was a double cover and i told my 2 buddies about it. We found 2 more in the rack so all 3 of us bought a double cover FF that day. Sadly, that book is no longer in my possession.

I wonder if that was an isolated situation where multiple double covers were found in the same box. It would be neat to have multiple issues of the same book with double covers.

Anyone here lucky enough to have that?

I have multiple double covers of 2 ASM's. Not from the same store though.

ASM307Newsstand.jpg

and

ASM2702nd.jpg

PM sent. :wishluck:

years ago, I along with 2 of my middle school buddies went to the LCS after school. The new FF by John Byrne was out that day and I was the first one to pick one off the rack. To my surprise it was a double cover and i told my 2 buddies about it. We found 2 more in the rack so all 3 of us bought a double cover FF that day. Sadly, that book is no longer in my possession.

I wonder if that was an isolated situation where multiple double covers were found in the same box. It would be neat to have multiple issues of the same book with double covers.

Anyone here lucky enough to have that?

I have multiple double covers of 2 ASM's. Not from the same store though.

:hi: Hey BRNebraska you should trade or sale me one of those ASM #307's as I still don't have that one. :foryou:

(thumbs u Very cool story etanick, I have a simular story my very first and only Double Cover Comic I ever bought New was a Alpha Flight #44, I bought it at a local Drug Store way back in 1986 out of a Spinner Rack. I bought several comics that day as I recall and when I took them out to my car and looked through them I noticed that the Alpha Flight had two covers I was very supprised as I had never seen a comic like that before and I had been buying comics ever week or so since late 1975. Well after I discovered the Alpha Flight had two covers I went back into the Drug Store to look at the other 4 or 5 copies of that book they had at the time and sure enough their was one more that also had two covers, so I bought it. So my first Double Cover was very cool find "two of the same book", and I don't think I ever had another one until about 2001 when I started collecting ASM's with Double Covers. Here is a picture of one of the Alpha Flight comics I found that day. :cloud9:

AF44.jpg

sweet Alpha Flight! glad you went back in there to look for more.

It is not unusual to see the errors in the same box of new shipment so for any current collectors out there.... If you pick one up of the rack and see a double, don't forget to check out the rest of what is left...just don't get the shop owner to yell at you for ruining all the books ;)

In early 2010, ComicConnect.com will be conducting a pretty special auction. An auction of the largest collection of double cover comics ever assembled. The auction will only contain double cover books. Over 1,000 double cover comics. Believe it or not.

All starting at $1 and all without reserve.

This must be the GI JOED collection.

Joe is still actively buying so I doubt it's him. Regardless, I have a message into to him to be sure.

:news: Got a email from Joe today and yes this is his collection going on Comic Connect eairly next year and they just posted a preview page on Comic Connect today Link; Double Cover preview page Check out the page it's a very Cool read, and there is going to be some amazing books go up for sale here. :cloud9:

In early 2010, ComicConnect.com will be conducting a pretty special auction. An auction of the largest collection of double cover comics ever assembled. The auction will only contain double cover books. Over 1,000 double cover comics. Believe it or not.

All starting at $1 and all without reserve.

This must be the GI JOED collection.

Joe is still actively buying so I doubt it's him. Regardless, I have a message into to him to be sure.

:news: Got a email from Joe today and yes this is his collection going on Comic Connect eairly next year and they just posted a preview page on Comic Connect today Link; Double Cover preview page Check out the page it's a very Cool read, and there is going to be some amazing books go up for sale here. :cloud9:

Guess I was wrong about Joe. :sorry:

Great read tho; thanks for the link.

He bought a few double and a triple cover from me, so I'll probably see those in the auction. I was a little disappointed because he seemed to be very nice when buying something he wanted, but he said he would look for any double cover Undergrounds in his collection for me but never contacted me after the sale.