• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The list could get pretty long very quickly. How would these guys get off the list?

That is why such a list should be confined to board members who use the Comics Market - Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers to advertise their sales here. For non-member internet sellers/buyers, or for members who do not advertise their ebay etc. sales here, post in General and also use whatever corrective measures the particular internet venue allows.

Yep - that's exactly what I meant as well.

Yup. We can't police the world, but if you sell HERE and are a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed there, then I see no reason why they shouldn't be on the list.

Robo was a member - a number of times from what I hear.

:popcorn: for the next time

:roflmao:

and of course you would have to have seperate entries for robojo, comic-keys and Hammer as they are different people lol
Its perry dammit :makepoint:

and of course you would have to have seperate entries for robojo, comic-keys and Hammer as they are different people lol

The thing is Dupcek would probably consider it a badge of honor to have multiple entries in the Hall of Shame and would probably change his alias more to stack his number...:screwy:

Jim

The list could get pretty long very quickly. How would these guys get off the list?

That is why such a list should be confined to board members who use the Comics Market - Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers to advertise their sales here. For non-member internet sellers/buyers, or for members who do not advertise their ebay etc. sales here, post in General and also use whatever corrective measures the particular internet venue allows.

Yep - that's exactly what I meant as well.

Yup. We can't police the world, but if you sell HERE and are a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed there, then I see no reason why they shouldn't be on the list.

i don't either, albeit in a different category, perhaps something like "members with bad ebay transactions with a forumite." i realise this example isn't pithy or brief, and ask those who wish to come up with a better category please do so

Ok guys... I've been having an issue and I'm going to vent it all to you in warning...

So I sold almost my entire collection back in July/August, because I needed quick liquid cash to pay for vet bills.

Well, I sold 3500 raw books and almost all of my slabs to one buyer, Vin . He didn't have much in the way of references on the boards, but provided me with other websites and his username and his ebay feedback.

We agreed on a total of $2100 paid in time payments of 300-400 per week and books would be shipped after half was received. We agree that I will ship when he's paid 50% (my first mistake) He went ahead and sent $1000 the first week and $300 the next so that I would go ahead and ship the books. He asked that I ship him the 26 boxes of raw and CGC comics to him through his fedex account to Canada. I was more than happy to oblige.

All of the raw comics make it and the CGC boxes get held up at customs. Once the buyer gets the CGC boxes, I get an e-mail saying that 10 of the 79 CGC slabs have been cracked. Wanting to be a good seller I tell him to take $10 for each cracked slab he listed (and understand this is more than he even paid for them, but I'm trying to do the right thing). He sends me a PM saying thanks.

Well, then that 300-400 per week quickly became $100 every other week, which was fine because I was still getting paid. But then those payments stopped to. I then got a PM from him on 9/23 that he was going through some personal issues and would be late with that payment. I told him that due to his personal issues, it would be ok for that payment to be late. At this time of that PM, he's only paid me $1500 of the $2000 (with the $100 discount I gave him).

So right now I'm still due $500 from him and to top it off I'm having to fight a $260 FedEx bill that I received from the shippment on his account.

What makes it worse is I've heard from other board members that he is making purchases through PMs after that time as well.

I think Vin should be added to the probation list until he gets everyone that he owes money to paid.

Has this been resolved? I can say I have a fairly large transaction with Vin (Over 2000) and he did pay on time. Not 100% without issues, but in the end, the terms of the agreement were met.

If you are willing to do time payments you are already giving the buyer a break. Never send them all the items until you have all the cash in hand. Someone with 0 posts on this board asked if they could do time payments on a piece of art. I said yes. After taking days to between each reply they wanted to know if they could pay $400 a month over a 10 month period. I don't mind time payments but that just smelled of a deal that would go south. A time payment that lasts almost a year should be a 10K or more piece. You could tell this person would be getting in over there head from the start.

Yikes.

Ship NOTHING 'til all money is in hand.

Time payments ..already doing a favor.

He pays FULL shipping costs too, especially to Canada.

And you ask to see pics of EVERY last slab he claims is cracked.

I had an ebay customer try to pull that with me.

Claimed a slab was cracked and wanted credit.

I said sure, no problem...shoot me a pic of the cracked slab.

Never heard from him again.

As much as I hate to say this, it seems that shipping out of the country is always a hassle.

Ok guys... I've been having an issue and I'm going to vent it all to you in warning...

So I sold almost my entire collection back in July/August, because I needed quick liquid cash to pay for vet bills.

Well, I sold 3500 raw books and almost all of my slabs to one buyer, Vin . He didn't have much in the way of references on the boards, but provided me with other websites and his username and his ebay feedback.

We agreed on a total of $2100 paid in time payments of 300-400 per week and books would be shipped after half was received. We agree that I will ship when he's paid 50% (my first mistake) He went ahead and sent $1000 the first week and $300 the next so that I would go ahead and ship the books. He asked that I ship him the 26 boxes of raw and CGC comics to him through his fedex account to Canada. I was more than happy to oblige.

All of the raw comics make it and the CGC boxes get held up at customs. Once the buyer gets the CGC boxes, I get an e-mail saying that 10 of the 79 CGC slabs have been cracked. Wanting to be a good seller I tell him to take $10 for each cracked slab he listed (and understand this is more than he even paid for them, but I'm trying to do the right thing). He sends me a PM saying thanks.

Well, then that 300-400 per week quickly became $100 every other week, which was fine because I was still getting paid. But then those payments stopped to. I then got a PM from him on 9/23 that he was going through some personal issues and would be late with that payment. I told him that due to his personal issues, it would be ok for that payment to be late. At this time of that PM, he's only paid me $1500 of the $2000 (with the $100 discount I gave him).

So right now I'm still due $500 from him and to top it off I'm having to fight a $260 FedEx bill that I received from the shippment on his account.

What makes it worse is I've heard from other board members that he is making purchases through PMs after that time as well.

I think Vin should be added to the probation list until he gets everyone that he owes money to paid.

Has this been resolved? I can say I have a fairly large transaction with Vin (Over 2000) and he did pay on time. Not 100% without issues, but in the end, the terms of the agreement were met.

If you are willing to do time payments you are already giving the buyer a break. Never send them all the items until you have all the cash in hand. Someone with 0 posts on this board asked if they could do time payments on a piece of art. I said yes. After taking days to between each reply they wanted to know if they could pay $400 a month over a 10 month period. I don't mind time payments but that just smelled of a deal that would go south. A time payment that lasts almost a year should be a 10K or more piece. You could tell this person would be getting in over there head from the start.

Yikes.

Ship NOTHING 'til all money is in hand.

Time payments ..already doing a favor.

He pays FULL shipping costs too, especially to Canada.

And you ask to see pics of EVERY last slab he claims is cracked.

I had an ebay customer try to pull that with me.

Claimed a slab was cracked and wanted credit.

I said sure, no problem...shoot me a pic of the cracked slab.

Never heard from him again.

As much as I hate to say this, it seems that shipping out of the country is always a hassle.

I've had no problems or issues shipping many many times to Canada...and quite a few times to UK... :headbang:

...as for France...fuhgeddaboutit! Nightmare! :tonofbricks:

Well, hate to do this but need to add VIN to the Probation List.

In early September he agreed to purchase 3 books for a total of $600 and was offered a discount on those books. The books remain in my possession until payment is made in full. Since September 2 payments of $100 each have been made on the books. The first payment was right away, the 2nd payment came after I told him that if the books were not paid in full, I was keeping the books and the down payment. Immediately another $100 was sent with the promise of another $100 each week thereafter until paid in full.

5 weeks later, nothing and my PM from 2 weeks ago has not been read. The last message I left stated he has until the end of the week to make payment in full for the remaining $400 or lose the books and payments made.

I mean cmon, time payments and a discount and it can't be followed through? Sorry, lesson learned, and hoping he can make it work, but magic eight ball says the future looks cloudy...

JJ

In early September he agreed to purchase 3 books for a total of $600 and was offered a discount on those books. The books remain in my possession until payment is made in full. Since September 2 payments of $100 each have been made on the books. The first payment was right away, the 2nd payment came after I told him that if the books were not paid in full, I was keeping the books and the down payment. Immediately another $100 was sent with the promise of another $100 each week thereafter until paid in full.

5 weeks later, nothing and my PM from 2 weeks ago has not been read. The last message I left stated he has until the end of the week to make payment in full for the remaining $400 or lose the books and payments made.

I mean cmon, time payments and a discount and it can't be followed through? Sorry, lesson learned, and hoping he can make it work, but magic eight ball says the future looks cloudy...

JJ

VIN has been on the probation list since 11/04 :tonofbricks:

JJ

VIN has been on the probation list since 11/04 :tonofbricks:

I know this, just adding my 2cents for future reference :sumo:

JJ

So you make $200 for nothing but sending a few harsh e-mails? I'll take that job - hands down. :grin:

JJ

So you make $200 for nothing but sending a few harsh e-mails? I'll take that job - hands down. :grin:

all I can say, is maybe start pulling out more tomato boxers?

(shrug)

JJ

I heard that JJ invented the "non-refundable deposit". No one has ever used it before in the history of commerce. In fact I need to send him $5 just for using the term "non-refundable deposit" in my post once. Dammit...now it's $10

JJ

(shrug)

:applause: Time payments ONLY :gossip:lol

JJ

(shrug)

:applause: Time payments ONLY :gossip:lol

I am just hoping we can make it work still, bottom line it would be nice. I realize things come up, so hoping he and I can work it out, but like I said, not looking good. I am sure we can work something out on the $200 if he passes, like it possibly going to shortstackcomics, who is owed a good portion. I would have no problem with that.

So...

hopefully something will come out of it in the end...

I don't think JJ is in the wrong here at all. If VIN can't even make contact with him to let him know that he's not going to be able to finish payments and get the money back. That money might not even cover the difference in price between what Vin threw the :takeit: up for and what JJ would be able to sell them for now.

I didn't word that great but I hope it makes sense... my 2c

I don't think JJ is in the wrong here at all. If VIN can't even make contact with him to let him know that he's not going to be able to finish payments and get the money back. That money might not even cover the difference in price between what Vin threw the :takeit: up for and what JJ would be able to sell them for now.

I didn't word that great but I hope it makes sense... my 2c

No one is saying JJ is in the wrong - he's completely entitled to keep the money that has been paid so far. :sumo: It's a shame you didn't protect yourself as well though, that's all :foryou:;)

Vin has shown himself to not give two about the people he's 'dealing' with, or the hassle it causes them behind the scenes. Jason has gone through the ringer on this one, that I can vouch for, and no contact from Vin to either seller seems to point to the fact that he deosn't care.

I think the best outcome to this would be for JJ to write of his deal with Vin as it's obviously not going to happen, then forward the money to Jason as Vin already has those books.

I have another candidate for the list: SilverSlinky.

We agreed to a time payment deal with a one month timeframe on 10/18 for a mid level ($750) book. There has been no deposit sent and no communication from Chris since then. He hasn't read his PM either or been active on the Boards. I'm hesitant to report it since it just passed the one month cut-off, but it seems he has vacated the Boards and so I'm not sure what waiting another week or two will accomplish.

I'am glad Vin made the list he never paid me for the comic he wanted.

I think Vin should be promoted to the Hall of Shame. That's at least three boardies he's failed to see deals through with, even hitting the take it well after some of these deals had kicked off.