Page 5 of 90 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3555623 - 11/02/09 12:26 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: lookwhoitis]
*paull* Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: USA

I'm actively collecting:

Japanese movie posters from 1972 - 1976 featuring girl gangs
Japanese female pop vocal 45rpm singles 1965 - 1970
Jamaican reggae original pressing 45rpm singles
1950s American exotica LPs

#3555664 - 11/02/09 12:42 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: bronzilla]
Weird Paper Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Deep in the Hot of Texas
 Originally Posted By: bronzilla
 Originally Posted By: Weird Paper
Comic and comic strip art
Non-comic art
First editions, particularly Pynchon, Vonnegut, Bartheleme, Irving, Boyle, Hiassen, Peter Carey, Helprin, Bradbury, Lethem, Leyner, Aylett, Farmer...
Books signed by iconic figures like Mickey Mantle, Groucho & Harpo Marx, Dali...
Books by or illustrated by Dali
Books and ephemera written or illustrated by Ralph Steadman (at 250+ items, maybe the largest such collection)
Antique toys... particularly comic character-based tin windups.
Platinum-age books and books illustrated by comic artists.
Weird stuff (though the janitor at my office threw away my mutant food collection :( )

Funny you mention the mutant food collection.

I collected dried fruit and Vegetables for a few years. Any and all veggies and fruit I would set outside to dry then I would bring it in and put it on a shelve. I had literally dozens of different types. No clue why I had the compulsion to do this, I finally just threw them all away! I think I realized this could become a problem for me at some point, as my three sons may use this as a reason to send me away in my older years.

It was things like animal crackers in compromising positions, gummi bears with tails, etc. I came in one Monday and they were gone--I had to assume the janitor was the culprit. At least I didn't have anything valuable in that collection like a Jesus tortilla or a Virgin Mary Eggo.

#3555684 - 11/02/09 12:48 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Weird Paper]
bronzilla Offline

My friends call me "etc"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Outside the Matrix. Where RU?
 Originally Posted By: bronzilla
Non-comic art
First editions, particularly Pynchon, Vonnegut, Bartheleme, Irving, Boyle, Hiassen, Peter Carey, Helprin, Bradbury, Lethem, Leyner, Aylett, Farmer...
Books signed by iconic figures like Mickey Mantle, Groucho & Harpo Marx, Dali...
Books and ephemera written or illustrated by Ralph Steadman (at 250+ items, maybe the largest such collection)
Weird stuff (though the janitor at my office threw away my mutant food collection :( )

Funny you mention the mutant food collection.

I collected dried fruit and Vegetables for a few years. Any and all veggies and fruit I would set outside to dry then I would bring it in and put it on a shelve. I had literally dozens of different types. No clue why I had the compulsion to do this, I finally just threw them all away! I think I realized this could become a problem for me at some point, as my three sons may use this as a reason to send me away in my older years.

It was things like animal crackers in compromising positions, gummi bears with tails, etc. I came in one Monday and they were gone--I had to assume the janitor was the culprit. At least I didn't have anything valuable in that collection like a Jesus tortilla or a Virgin Mary Eggo.

You should be locked up!
Populations suffer from a fear of change, for their conditioning assumes a static identity. Challenging ones belief system usually results in insult and aprehension. Being wrong is eroniously associated with failure, when in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates us to a new level of understanding. There is no such thing as a smart Human being, for it is merely a matter of time before their ideas are updated, changed or eradicated. This tendency to hold on to a belief system, any belief system and sheltering it from new possibly transforming information, is nothing less than intellectual materialism. Dominant World views operate with the same social irrelevancy, they exist as barriers to social and individual growth. Major institutions exist as barriers to personal and social growth for each group perpetuates a closed world view.

Pat Tillman... Remember him please, he deserved so much more. http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/

#3555737 - 11/02/09 01:06 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: jessebrook1]
ThreeSeas Offline
The Collectinator

Loc: Michigan
I collect too many things. I guess not getting married until I was 31 and never drinking or other things left me with some money to spend on my Three C's : Comics, Cars and Coins.

Plus I have my fossil collection from when I was younger, also stamps, all kinds of relics I found metal detecting, Cartoon drinking glasses and few other things I cannot think of at the moment.

#3557464 - 11/02/09 09:59 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Weird Paper]
esquirecomics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Washington, D.C.
Non-comic art
Weird stuff (though the janitor at my office threw away my mutant food collection \:\( )

Please do post some of the antique toys if you can!

#3557484 - 11/02/09 10:10 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: esquirecomics]
Trey Cannon Offline

Loc: Corryton TN
I collect the Following

Star Wars and some GI-JOE Vintage Action Figures
Marvel Universe Action Figures
Battlestar Galactica New Figures
Transformers Vintage
Certain Statues from Star Wars and Comics I like
Comics
Coins & Historical News paper
and last but not least this is my 1957 Chevy Belair Convertible totally restored all original

Attachments
88739.jpg
Description:

Edited by Trey Cannon (11/02/09 10:11 PM)

#3557502 - 11/02/09 10:19 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: esquirecomics]
esquirecomics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I'll scan in a whole bunch of other unique items when I can but here are two JFK assassination items. The first is Oswald's Marine discharge form signed by him and the second is one of several Warren Commission sets I have owned. Still very difficult to come by even today.

#3557505 - 11/02/09 10:20 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Trey Cannon]
esquirecomics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Trey Cannon
I collect the Following

Star Wars and some GI-JOE Vintage Action Figures
Marvel Universe Action Figures
Battlestar Galactica New Figures
Transformers Vintage
Certain Statues from Star Wars and Comics I like
Comics
Coins & Historical News paper
and last but not least this is my 1957 Chevy Belair Convertible totally restored all original

Who are the headlights for your car?

#3557508 - 11/02/09 10:22 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: esquirecomics]
Trey Cannon Offline

Loc: Corryton TN
Ashley( Blonde) and Angela(Black) two girls that model for a local Motercycle company

#3557574 - 11/02/09 11:00 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: esquirecomics]
icculus308win Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Barrington, IL
 Originally Posted By: esquirecomics
I'll scan in a whole bunch of other unique items when I can but here are two JFK assassination items. The first is Oswald's Marine discharge form signed by him and the second is one of several Warren Commission sets I have owned. Still very difficult to come by even today.

You have some very neat things! \(worship\)

Go Cubs Go!

Bear Down Chicago Bears!! (*uck Cutler though)

Lets Go Hawks!!! Lets Go Hawks!!! Lets Go Hawks!!!

"These should have boards in them - Bloody Savages!!"
"Oooh man.......Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning."

Page 5 of 90 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Choice Uncirculated 1917 & 1915 Italian Liras
by fred13
08:51 PM
FSH- 1950-D Jefferson Nickel NGC MS66 5FS, 1950-D Roosevelt MS67FT- Plus More!!
by Deerefan8420
07:40 PM
GreatCollections - CAC Highlights - Specialized Nickel Collection and More
by ianrussell
04:36 PM
ON HOLD- Nice scarce denarius of the Roman emperor Otho, 69 AD, NGC Fine
by lordmarcovan
06:03 AM
Comics Marketplace
Sir Mixalot.. I Like Mixed Books and I cannot lie............
by wingjam
Bone #2 CGC 9.8, Creatures of the ID CGC 9.6 SS
by mschmidt
Weird Fantasy 13 (1) CGC 3.5
by gojira
10:54 AM
LEGO DC Comics Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile SDCC 14 New Sealed $225 OBO
by kuphd06
10:10 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing