Page 62 of 88 « First<6061626364>Last »
Topic Options
#5619951 - 04/22/12 03:26 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Titansfan]
Chip Cataldo Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanks Paul. I do regret selling it every once in a while, but it really took over my life as well as my small condo. Until I can display what I purchase, I'll stick with the Brainiac stuff, Fantastic Four & Tales of Suspense Silver Age comics, and that's it. \:D

Glad to see you over here!

Peace,

Chip

#5619968 - 04/22/12 03:33 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Chip Cataldo]
Titansfan Offline
Just got here

I've always meant to ask you why Brainiac? Sure he looks cool as hell but what made him the winner when it comes to hanging on to.
#5620038 - 04/22/12 04:01 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Chip Cataldo]
comicwiz Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Toronto
That's an incredible collection Chip! Did you sell it to one person or did you break it up? Did you get any of the stuff graded before you sold it? I'm mostly into Star Wars, but I know enough about the toy hobby to say that is one of the most impressive collections of Super Powers I've ever seen. The displays and artwork were pretty neat to see in one collection. I took a really quick look and couldn't tell - were there any pre-production or prototype toys mixed in there as well?
#5620091 - 04/22/12 04:11 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: tilleycs]
Doohickamabob Offline
Pedigreed

Freaking cool.
#5620121 - 04/22/12 04:18 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Doohickamabob]
Charlton66 Offline
Learning the Ropes

Very impressive collection you have there, Chip. Very nice. I was wondering of you had an extra Aquaman trident lying around that you may want to get rid of?
#5620141 - 04/22/12 04:27 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Charlton66]
Titansfan Offline
Just got here

here's more games

#5620212 - 04/22/12 04:50 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Titansfan]
Chip Cataldo Offline

Originally Posted By: Titansfan
I've always meant to ask you why Brainiac? Sure he looks cool as hell but what made him the winner when it comes to hanging on to.

It really grew out of two things...#1, he looks damn cool and is my favorite SP character...but also #2, that I lucked out early on and was able to score a 33-back proof card (he was never released on that card back) as well as a Spanish "Super Poderes" MOC (it's the only one to surface so far)...so that kind-of spring-boarded the whole thing.

Now? Well, let's just say it's as comprehensive a focus as one could have for a single character, and no one else has a better one. Prototypes, proofs, unreleased packaging samples, one-of-a-kind packaged foreign figures, etc. I'll post pictures soon...need to take some new ones.

Peace,

Chip

#5620220 - 04/22/12 04:53 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: comicwiz]
Chip Cataldo Offline

Originally Posted By: comicwiz
That's an incredible collection Chip!

Thanks! It was put together over a period of 6 years. It was an obsession.

Quote:
Did you sell it to one person or did you break it up?

While I tried to offer it whole to a few high-roller collectors, once they passed I had to break it up. The choice stuff went into some great collections, though.

Quote:
Did you get any of the stuff graded before you sold it?

I'm not a fan of graded stuff, so no. I did end up getting some nice custom acrylic cases for a lot of my Brainiac items, though.

Quote:
I'm mostly into Star Wars, but I know enough about the toy hobby to say that is one of the most impressive collections of Super Powers I've ever seen.

Thanks! I started collecting toys with packaged Star Wars stuff in 1986. Had about 125+ carded figures in 1993 when I sold it all to pay for college.

Quote:
The displays and artwork were pretty neat to see in one collection. I took a really quick look and couldn't tell - were there any pre-production or prototype toys mixed in there as well?

Yes, quite a few...I have pictures of everything. I did write quite a few blogs about a lot of different items, which can still be read here :

My Blog

Peace,

Chip

#5620227 - 04/22/12 04:55 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Charlton66]
Chip Cataldo Offline

Originally Posted By: Charlton66
Very impressive collection you have there, Chip. Very nice. I was wondering of you had an extra Aquaman trident lying around that you may want to get rid of?

I did have some extra weapons/parts, but they sold with the last bit of the collection a few months ago. Sorry. I'll ask around as see if any of my collecting friends have one.

Peace,

Chip

#5620255 - 04/22/12 05:06 PM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Titansfan]
esquirecomics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Washington, D.C.
Damnit Titansfan, now you've added more to the list of games I need to buy!!

Great stuff!

Page 62 of 88 « First<6061626364>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, nmp 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1848 French Pattern 20 Francs in Gold
by RWB
Yesterday at 07:35 PM
DOZENS OF COOL VARIETIES AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW!
by coinman1794
Yesterday at 05:46 PM
Selling "100 Greatest US Modern Coins" at Long Beach....
by Cellgazer
Yesterday at 03:14 PM
sold
by AnkurJ
Yesterday at 09:21 AM
Comics Marketplace
Daredevil #6-200 (over half of the run) low.mid, high grade CHEAP :)
by comicnut
Today at 02:06 AM
Doom vs Archie Sale
by Scturo
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Preacher #1 9.4 For Sale
by Pinky Lee Zepplin
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
One Book - Hulk #6 CGC 6.5
by diestler
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing