Page 4 of 90 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3554993 - 11/02/09 02:15 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: oakman29]
esquirecomics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Washington, D.C.
Just some of what I actively collect beyond comics:

Titanic related items
Charles Lindbergh kidnapping items
John F. Kennedy assassination items
Abraham Lincoln assassination items
Historic legal documents
Animation Art (particularly of courtroom scenes, go figure!)
US stamps

Happy to post examples if folks are interested \(thumbs u

#3554996 - 11/02/09 02:18 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: esquirecomics]
oakman29 Offline

Colonial Mustard in the library WITH THE CANDLESTICK!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Orange county,SoCal
 Originally Posted By: esquirecomics

Titanic related items
Historic legal documents
US stamps

Are you kidding me? I would love to see your collections

Call me Oak,Oakland,Oakman,David or Dave,just don't call me a cab.
Every collection,from the most valuable Golden age,to the readiest of reading copy Moderns,is assembled with care and thought,and is worthy of respect because of it,if for no other reason.RMA

A year ago...A cold October night...A broken down car on a dirt road...A man...A girl...Madness...Pain...And the shadows...My God the shadows!- J. O'Barr

You're milkshake is gone dude. Wipe up the moisture ring and move on.-Chuck Gower
Nerd cesspool- lizards2

#3555002 - 11/02/09 02:59 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: oakman29]
PokerKid Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Riverside, CA
 Originally Posted By: oakman29
 Originally Posted By: esquirecomics

Titanic related items
Historic legal documents
US stamps

Are you kidding me? I would love to see your collections

He shared some of his incredible items a year or so back. Easily one of the greatest and most interesting posts I have seen. The realia connected to the historic events was incredible, and I would certainly love an opportunity to see more.

#3555026 - 11/02/09 05:36 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: PokerKid]
Theagenes Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Florida
Pulps and books.

AnAgeUndreamedOf.Com

#3555119 - 11/02/09 08:28 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Theagenes]
Weird Paper Online   content
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Deep in the Hot of Texas
Comic and comic strip art
Non-comic art
First editions, particularly Pynchon, Vonnegut, Bartheleme, Irving, Boyle, Hiassen, Peter Carey, Helprin, Bradbury, Lethem, Leyner, Aylett, Farmer...
Books signed by iconic figures like Mickey Mantle, Groucho & Harpo Marx, Dali...
Books by or illustrated by Dali
Books and ephemera written or illustrated by Ralph Steadman (at 250+ items, maybe the largest such collection)
Antique toys... particularly comic character-based tin windups.
Platinum-age books and books illustrated by comic artists.
Weird stuff (though the janitor at my office threw away my mutant food collection \:\( )

#3555212 - 11/02/09 09:33 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Weird Paper]
october Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicagoan Abroad
 Originally Posted By: Weird Paper
Non-comic art
First editions, particularly Pynchon, Vonnegut, Bartheleme, Irving, Boyle, Hiassen, Peter Carey, Helprin, Bradbury, Lethem, Leyner, Aylett, Farmer...
Books signed by iconic figures like Mickey Mantle, Groucho & Harpo Marx, Dali...
Books and ephemera written or illustrated by Ralph Steadman (at 250+ items, maybe the largest such collection)
Weird stuff (though the janitor at my office threw away my mutant food collection \:\( )

I want to collect like this when I grow up.

#3555430 - 11/02/09 11:21 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Weird Paper]
bronzilla Offline

My friends call me "etc"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Outside the Matrix. Where RU?
Non-comic art
Weird stuff (though the janitor at my office threw away my mutant food collection :( )

Funny you mention the mutant food collection.

I collected dried fruit and Vegetables for a few years. Any and all veggies and fruit I would set outside to dry then I would bring it in and put it on a shelve. I had literally dozens of different types. No clue why I had the compulsion to do this, I finally just threw them all away! I think I realized this could become a problem for me at some point, as my three sons may use this as a reason to send me away in my older years.
Populations suffer from a fear of change, for their conditioning assumes a static identity. Challenging ones belief system usually results in insult and aprehension. Being wrong is eroniously associated with failure, when in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates us to a new level of understanding. There is no such thing as a smart Human being, for it is merely a matter of time before their ideas are updated, changed or eradicated. This tendency to hold on to a belief system, any belief system and sheltering it from new possibly transforming information, is nothing less than intellectual materialism. Dominant World views operate with the same social irrelevancy, they exist as barriers to social and individual growth. Major institutions exist as barriers to personal and social growth for each group perpetuates a closed world view.

Pat Tillman... Remember him please, he deserved so much more. http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/

#3555467 - 11/02/09 11:33 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Evil Uncle]
Jeffro Offline

Speaking as myself, I don't deserve anything.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Collecting Pernts
I have at one time or another collected

Comics
Comic OA
Coins
Sports Cards (primarily baseball and football)
Action Figures
Hot Wheels
Bottle Caps (as a kid)
Dungeons & Dragons books and supplements
Dungeons & Dragons miniatures (pewter, lead and plastic)
Arcade Tokens
Card games (M:tG etc)

#3555497 - 11/02/09 11:46 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Jeffro]
MR.COMICBOOK Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: boston.ma
Knowledge,I am collecting knowledge to better myself financially and health wise. it`s amazing the things I didn`t and still don`t know.

Edited by MR.COMICBOOK (11/02/09 11:47 AM)

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln, (attributed) 16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

#3555538 - 11/02/09 11:57 AM Re: Collecting things other then comics. [Re: Weird Paper]
lookwhoitis Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Downtown O-town

PJF

"boy, this fool got more comics than a muthafugga." (Boyz in the Hood)

"I've spent my entire life doing nothing but collecting comic books... and now there's only time to say... LIFE WELL SPENT!" (The Simpsons Movie)

GRAILS: Weird Tales 12/32, X-men 1
WTB: REH Weird Tales& Conan Pedigree Slabs
WTB: Inc. Hulk (v2) 122 149 181
WTB: Uncanny X men 101 109

My OA collection

Page 4 of 90 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1954-D Franklin Half Dollar PCGS MS65FBL (old holder)
by Hu-Dey
03:00 PM
1967 Washington Quarter PCGS MS68 old holder
by Hu-Dey
02:52 PM
Gold Coins for sale All NGC PF 70's $ to chose From ! LOOK
by Paul Kiraly 3
01:07 PM
FS: 1947 S Philippines Fifty Centavo Mint State Toned
by Doily
10:40 AM
Comics Marketplace
Daredevil 1 and 2 - Both CGC
by Spider-Dan
NYCC pass for Sat/Sun
by lobrac
NEW MUTANTS 98 CGC 9.8 AND SUPERMAN ADVENTURES 5 CGC 9.8 LIVEWIRE! !
by CCAFF
06:28 PM
FS: 15 BOOKS - 6 to start, the rest tonight after dinner
by comicstock
05:53 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles