• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

You might be guilty of undergrading, but I've never heard of an unhappy buyer returning a comic with that particular complaint. ;)

I've done that before, I still would even today. I strive for honesty in all aspects of life. FTW! :insane:

Speedy- drop the witch avatar and bring back fat flash :sumo:

No love for Kiki's Delivery Service?

NONE :sumo:

Oh hey, I like the director of that movie, it's now added to my netflix que. (thumbs u

You might be guilty of undergrading, but I've never heard of an unhappy buyer returning a comic with that particular complaint. ;)

I've done that before, I still would even today. I strive for honesty in all aspects of life. FTW! :insane:

Speedy- drop the witch avatar and bring back fat flash :sumo:

No love for Kiki's Delivery Service?

NONE :sumo:

Oh hey, I like the director of that movie, it's now added to my netflix que. (thumbs u

Kiki is a very sweet movie. Miyazaki has never made a bad one as far as I'm concerned.

And fat flash will be back on November 1st.

I really hate doing this to anyone...BUT I want to just give everyone a heads up here. Silverslinky was the person who committed to buying my FF 60 9.4 long as I waited till Friday (meaning today) for payment which I had no problem with.

I have sent him 3 pm's since he committed to the book with no response...which wasn't to bad figuring maybe coincidentally he had computer issues, but today I look at my pm's and he removed himself from the thread. My understanding is you have to delete the PMs for this to happen....which in turns tells me he won't be contacting me anytime soon about paying.

Now I also realize that its suppose to be 1 month before posting something BUT my spidey sense was tingling so I would rather just put this out there for anyone else.

Soooo I now still have the book for sale.

I will have no problem with comments or reply's to this. If anyone is a personal friend of his, I certainly would like to know what's going on.

Thanks,

Steve

I really hate doing this to anyone...BUT I want to just give everyone a heads up here. Silverslinky was the person who committed to buying my FF 60 9.4 long as I waited till Friday (meaning today) for payment which I had no problem with.

I have sent him 3 pm's since he committed to the book with no response...which wasn't to bad figuring maybe coincidentally he had computer issues, but today I look at my pm's and he removed himself from the thread. My understanding is you have to delete the PMs for this to happen....which in turns tells me he won't be contacting me anytime soon about paying.

Now I also realize that its suppose to be 1 month before posting something BUT my spidey sense was tingling so I would rather just put this out there for anyone else.

Soooo I now still have the book for sale.

I will have no problem with comments or reply's to this. If anyone is a personal friend of his, I certainly would like to know what's going on.

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry to hear this Steve. His last post was 4 days ago and he had regular posts up until that day so computer problems are unlikely. He may have removed himself from the PM thread by mistake but it is definately worrisome. Hopefully he will contact you and complete the deal.

Why would he remove himself from the topic then. I have no problem whatsoever with family stuff. That would always come first.

BUT just to be clear, this is the EXACT pm I was sent. Now if I read it wrong please let me know..

"hey rube if you can wait till friday for payment ill pick up that ff60 let me know thanks"

Steve

Hey Steve, I just sent you a PM. Regarding the PM, I never agreed to buying the book, all I said was if you can wait till this friday. I never said after that via pm.."okay cool ill take it". But Like I said, if that PM's entitles me to buy the book, then, sure...no problems at all, ill take it.

I am not taking sides here but this is what Steve posted in his sales thread. Seems he was not convinced that the book was sold at all.

FF 60 pending via PM.....I think waiting for a confirmation back.

Steve

Well since its been a day and still no reply back from a relatively new boardie I am putting the FF and Hulk back as available...and to "sweeten" it, I am dropping price on both books for tonight. FF at $190 which is an absolute steal and Hulk to $110 which is another great deal.

Steve

I am not taking sides here but this is what Steve posted in his sales thread. Seems he was not convinced that the book was sold at all.

FF 60 pending via PM.....I think waiting for a confirmation back.

Steve

Well since its been a day and still no reply back from a relatively new boardie I am putting the FF and Hulk back as available...and to "sweeten" it, I am dropping price on both books for tonight. FF at $190 which is an absolute steal and Hulk to $110 which is another great deal.

Steve

You are correct that I posted it. BUT it was after a few pm's waiting on him to get back. Reading what his initial pm to me said I was pretty sure it was a done deal when I agreed to wait till Friday.

In any event it has been worked out and we both are moving forward.

Steve

anyone know what the going rate for a complete run of the 80's to 90's series of wolverine goes for. All issues are near mint with the possible vf hiding in there somewhere 1 and 10 are 9.2/9.4

One guy sold his 1-150 set in three 50-comic lots on eBay - he realised $51 for 1-50, and $40 for the other two lots, so that's ~$130 right there... and that's all I could find using eBay's search for completed listings.

Hope it helps.

-slym

I'm considering selling my collection and wanted to get advice from those that have sold here. I assume paypal is the best/safest way to handle the transaction. Can any sellers help out with their suggestions. Thanks!

I'm considering selling my collection and wanted to get advice from those that have sold here. I assume paypal is the best/safest way to handle the transaction. Can any sellers help out with their suggestions. Thanks!

Welcome!

Seeing as you are relatively new here with few posts any references you can provide to establish credibility and to gain people's confidence would be helpful. These references can be other established board members, eBay feedback and anything else that might come to mind.

You'll want to grade your books accurately as that will help on bigger books to build confidence. Smaller books like $1-2 readers and lower grade stuff won't matter as much. The "Please Grade My" forum can be a big help in learning how to grade.

Fair prices is another thing...depending on the type of books that you have some might sell for well below Overstreet (lower demand or common) and some might sell for well over Overstreet (rare, super high grade, keys, etc).

If you're honest, read the rules at the head of each selling forum, grade decent and price fair you won't have a problem.

Hope this helps.

(thumbs u

Roy.

Hey Comicwiz,

Why do you continue to post links to your auctions in this forum?

I sent you a message days ago the last time you did this and explained the rules to you, and even gave you a link to the proper forum to post auction listings.

Worst of all, you are using code which blocks anyone else from posting a response to your posts in the thread and you admitted to me that you knew it was blocking others from posting responses.

I am not a MOD, but I am sure they are watching you now that you have pulled this stunt twice now.