• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Nine MPWF #1 copies Today?
5 5

235 posts in this topic

See how easy that was?

I am going to go back to the Museum and look at all the other books I want and see if it works again! :headbang:

That's the way it always works.

;)

It's call "The Secret"

Just in case anyone missed this, "The Secret" really works.

:applause:

I just didn't expect one to pop up so soon. I am really excited!

Roy congrats, you have to crack this just to witness the history first hand. Would be a shame to keep it in a slabb.

I am seriously considering it.

hm

When you resub, remember to not send the old label in. KEEP 'EM GUESSING!

The old label has NO bearing on how it grades second time around. You can trust me on that.

(thumbs u

I meant for the census. :)

Gang, I'm a big believer in enjoying more than just the cover of an old book so thought I'd post the interior pics that I have taken of my MPFW #1.

Enjoy!

MPFW1interiorshots002.jpg

MPFW1_1.jpg

MPFW1_2.jpg

MPFW1_3.jpg

MPFW1_4.jpg

MPFW1_5.jpg

MPFW1_6.jpg

MPFW1_7.jpg

MPFW1_8.jpg

th_MPFW1_8panel.jpg th_MPFW1_8-9.jpg th_MPFW1_28-29.jpg th_MPFW1_10-11.jpg th_MPFW1_12-13.jpg th_MPFW1_14-15.jpg th_MPFW1_16-17.jpg th_MPFW1_18-19.jpg th_MPFW1_20-21.jpg th_MPFW1_22-23.jpg th_MPFW1_24-25.jpg th_MPFW1_26-27.jpg th_MPFW1_28-29.jpg th_MPFW1_30-31.jpg th_MPFW1_32.jpg

Thanks for allowing me to read it at the Baltimore Con (worship)

The scans do not do justice to the full impact of the art when you can see subtle shading and extraordinary detail in the line work and inking. It's not just Subby's first appearance but also a true masterpiece of comic art.

Roy, I didn't want to ask you post the whole story ... but I thought about it. I felt bad asking you to photograph such a fragile and rare book.

I guess you read my mind... thanks LOADS for posting what could be one of my favoirte GA stories of all time. Its amazing to see the art as it was meant to be seen... going to download those image now.

Good karma on you!!! (worship) (thumbs u :headbang::banana::golfclap:

Thanks Ryan (and everyone else)! Pleasure was mine.

I really think that it's a shame when beautiful things are kept under wraps.

I don't find pleasure in owning something if I can't read and share it. Since I don't want to have to open the book every day I wanted to make pics of the interior as it's one of those books that you might never get to see the insides of. Ever.

You guys have turned me on to what I consider some of the greatest comic art of all time so I really owe you all for opening my eyes.

(worship)

I really think that it's a shame when beautiful things are kept under wraps.

Thanks for having that attitude and thanks very much for posting the pics of this rare book. It's great to see the fantastic Everett artwork and the other stories, too!