• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

Wow, that's neat! Almost looks like a companion to the Blue Bolt 108 cover. Never seen it before...

Yes. Neat!! What year is that pulp from?

Here's another pick up from March 1942. Cover by Modest Stein.

The fun stuff is at times the ads inside. One for the How to draw for the comics and the other for Super-Magician. Lots of copy on that one and they knew what the story was going to be (thumbs u

87407.jpg.c019e808b142b2454a1cd7af01b18054.jpg

87408.jpg.75e310a2963ef5463e722c3034dfa9d3.jpg

87409.jpg.d8d73c9cf97d0f844db6e8057af1148b.jpg

Here is a pulp I just picked up recently for the L.B. Cole cover......

space.jpg

Another interesting thing about this pulp is that it is mostly illustrations inside. Very cool!

Would you call it 50% comics (for GCD indexing) or is it just illustrations w/ text beneath like a children's book?

JPS

So as it happens, I've been on a mad pulp binge for the last few months. :shy: Here's a smattering of some books that I've got scanned.

I've been really taken with these Pep Stories from the late 20s/early 30s. The interiors feature racy (for the time) art-decoish drawings of ladies, and both the covers and interiors are utterly charming. I just adore this cover:

pep1928.jpg

Scrooge, that Love Story may be the most lame Pulp I have ever seen...

Just aweful, it pains me that it exists and it pains me more to know that you have it in your collection.

:hi:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

You should read the "Lonely Hearts" letters inside too. Then it'd make you plain cry! lol

Finally, here's a cover that I really fell in love with. Very tough mid-1930s series. The book has overhang trimming, but it's scarce enough and pricey enough that I figured I wouldn't be able to own one any other way. The cover detail is just fantastic. :cloud9:

wufang2.jpg

Finally, here's a cover that I really fell in love with. Very tough mid-1930s series. The book has overhang trimming, but it's scarce enough and pricey enough that I figured I wouldn't be able to own one any other way. The cover detail is just fantastic. :cloud9:

wufang2.jpg

That's a score right there (worship)

wufang2.jpg

(worship)

All great pick ups! I really like the peps, very nice! This one is a knockout too. Well done! I have been wondering what you have been picking up!