• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

Went to about five garage sales saturday and only one had comics, he had them marked $1/book. He had about 150 comics...I looked through them all and found only junk, but if junk is cheap I'll buy it. I ask him how much he'd take for all of them and he threw out $120 and since I was thinking more along the line of $20 I didn't even bother to haggle. I just said "Alright, have a good day" and got in the minivan and left.

Went to about five garage sales saturday and only one had comics, he had them marked $1/book. He had about 150 comics...I looked through them all and found only junk, but if junk is cheap I'll buy it. I ask him how much he'd take for all of them and he threw out $120 and since I was thinking more along the line of $20 I didn't even bother to haggle. I just said "Alright, have a good day" and got in the minivan and left.

Funny how some people would rather hold on to junk than to cut their losses. They'll just drag it back into their garage and do it again next year.

Edited by fraxs

Wow, great stuff!

My Dad was my hero and I still keep a picture of him in my wallet. We went to countless flea markets, garage sales and estate sales to find old comic books and he taught me how to deal. His best and still best negotiating line was "Well, what do you want for them?!"

Out of that, I completed all my Silver Age runs from Marvel and DC and then branched out into Golden Age.

Thank you for letting me reminisce...

I was coming home from a show that I didn't do so good at (selling) and I got a phone call from my Dad. He said he bought some comics for me and laid them in my office at work. He said the cleaning lady at work saw some of my comic related items on my desk and told him that a man in her neighborhood had been giving away TRASH BAGS full of comics to neighborhood kids. So Dad went over there and bought all he had left.

You know how that normally turns out. Nothing.

But I went by work anyway and there was comics laying everywhere. Right at 2000 of them. I looked through a few handfuls but it was mostly Archie type books. So went on home, came in the next day to work and started looking through them in earnest.

Started running into some really good books. Sgt. Fury 13, Spider-man 17, 15, 13. Then on to lower Spidey's. 9, 8, 5. WOW! Dad did really good!!! Then there stuck between a Archie and a Betty and Veronica was THE book; a Spider-man #1!!

Ended up being two long boxes plus of Archies and the rest silver age marvel.

He paid 100.00 for all of it.

Lawdy lawdy, if only that would happen down here

(worship)

I found this baby at a local flea market in a box full of moderns. I paid $10.00 for a bunch of books which included ASM's #238, 173,212,213,214 and 215. Here is a scan of the 238, Not too shabby.

ASM 238 Front

asm238front.jpg

ASM 238 Back

asm238back.jpg

I went to an auction today and had a really great haul :) There were also these comic films on reels. I don't know if anyone collects these? I'll have to check ebay to see how much they go for.

estate1.jpg

Estate2.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

estate4.jpg

estate6.jpg

IMG_6514.jpg

I went to an auction today and had a really great haul :) There were also these comic films on reels. I don't know if anyone collects these? I'll have to check ebay to see how much they go for.

IMG_6522.jpg

WOW!

Well chosen.

In the midst of all the Baker and Fiction House, maybe no one else will notice the digests. Those look great! I'd like to finish off the Adventure set some day.

Have fun with your goodies!

Jack

estate1.jpg

Estate2.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

estate4.jpg

estate6.jpg

IMG_6514.jpg

:o Wow! Nice haul Joanne! :applause:

Not really comic book related, but I know some folks around here enjoy holiday art and movie stuff and this has both. Found this at Goodwill today. Front page of the Tombstone Prospector newspaper from 1916. Its rather large hence the pics.

The back has ads for movies such as "The Iron Claw" , "The Selfish Woman" and others.

f001-1.jpg

f002.jpg

Went to a subdivision garage sale on the next block. Found about a dozen Cracked magazines from the mid-80s in great shape. A sample:

Cracked211.jpg

CCE73.jpg

Same house had a handful of Gold Key/Whitman books. I thought a few might have been prepackaged only and I guessed right!

BB243.jpg

LT45.jpg

I forgot all about this thread. Let's see....

I recently found X-Men 94-160 (complete) 161-200(missing an issue or two here and there)

Daredevil 131 132 168 181 and many others from the Frank Miller run.

Lots of ASM between 100-300. (Mostly in the 200s)

In total about 1,000 BA/CA (mostly BA) comics including X-Men 266 and New Mutants 98. Wasn't a flea market, but the prices were unbeatable in my opinion. Original Owner stuff.

I recently found X-Men 94-160 (complete) 161-200(missing an issue or two here and there)

In total about 1,000 BA/CA (mostly BA) comics including X-Men 266 and New Mutants 98. Wasn't a flea market, but the prices were unbeatable in my opinion. Original Owner stuff.

What? No pics? :baiting:

I posted a few of the books for sale in my Mixed Age Sales Thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3976154#Post3976154 I honestly haven't had time to scan as many as I would have liked to have scanned by now.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3976154#Post3976154 I honestly haven't had time to scan as many as I would have liked to have scanned by now.

I hear ya. Scanning books seems to take FOREVER.....especially when there are thousands to scan. :P

I hear ya. Scanning books seems to take FOREVER.....especially when there are thousands to scan. :P

Yeah it's like "okay I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it" and then you get one down and you're like "Only six long boxes to go" D'Oh!