• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

I've coveted this book since I was a kid. For me, it was always the Silver Age grail. Over the years I've learned the history of the period, and I would now place Showcase 4 above it in importance and desirability, but there's still something that takes my breath away about the first appearance of the Justice League that I don't feel for SC 4. I bet this comic struck kids the same way when they saw it on the newstands back in the winter of 1960.

I've coveted this book since I was a kid. For me, it was always the Silver Age grail. Over the years I've learned the history of the period, and I would now place Showcase 4 above it in importance and desirability, but there's still something that takes my breath away about the first appearance of the Justice League that I don't feel for SC 4. I bet this comic struck kids the same way when they saw it on the newstands back in the winter of 1960.

Couldn`t agree more. I have a much stronger emotional attachment to the JLA than to Flash, and thus to B&B 28 over Showcase 4.

Had one really liked it. But was the catalyst for selling off the collection. Got a pretty penny for it too. :devil:

Maybe get a low grade one again someday.

Anyhoo like to see were this thread takes us.

Hey finally made it to 200 posts. :banana: :banana:

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

Had one really liked it. But was the catalyst for selling off the collection. Got a pretty penny for it too. :devil:

Maybe get a low grade one again someday.

Anyhoo like to see were this thread takes us.

Hey finally made it to 200 posts. :banana: :banana:

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

One of the reasons I've been trying a little harder to get a copy is that even low grade copies seem to be getting pricey.

Congrats on your 200th, and welcome to the boards!

here is one of my current copies

I only own one copy. :sorry:

BB28.jpg

I thought you only buy White paged SA DCs? (tsk);)

Very sweet copy! (worship)

:gossip: .....it's an old label slab, it probably DOES have white pages. Nice book Tim....I'm with John, I love the cover and have also wanted one since I was a kid. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u