• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad
12 12

585 posts in this topic

Please take to ebay Gav. According to some sellers it's ok to put a comic in an envelope and nothing else.

how about the seller that put your cgc books in an envelope and send it media mail :mad:

i now make sure to email all the sellers i buy from to at least put cardboard on each side of the comics. Yet, some sellers still fail.

Great tutorial, Gav. I assume this method of packaging can also be used for CGC submissions? I intend to send my first batch of comics to them soon.

Thanks Adam. This is how I pack my books for CGC, only I put the box inside a bigger box and pack that out with more poylstyrene chippings or bubble wrap. Try to keep the weight as low as possible though, the first submission I sent cost me £40 to ship out.

The second time I submitted I used chippings instead of lots of bubble wrap and got the shipping down to £24.

Please take to ebay Gav. According to some sellers it's ok to put a comic in an envelope and nothing else.

There are quite a few right here that need to read this too. :(

That is true. I've received comics in reused unpadded envelopes and 2 thin pieces of this cardboard from prominent sellers on this board. It's frustrating to pay $10 for shipping, get a poorly packaged envelope and notice that the sender spent less than $3 to ship it. Note to seller, gouge me for shipping AND/OR package poorly and I won't buy from you again.

That is true. I've received comics in reused unpadded envelopes and 2 thin pieces of this cardboard from prominent sellers on this board. It's frustrating to pay $10 for shipping, get a poorly packaged envelope and notice that the sender spent less than $3 to ship it. Note to seller, gouge me for shipping AND/OR package poorly and I won't buy from you again.

I've lost count of the times I've had books through in just an envelope so they've been beat to hell. It's never happened to me from sellers on the boards though, only eBay.

And excess shipping is one of my pet hates. If I see a book I really want on eBay and the shipping is excessive I will pass on it. If I ever overcharge I always refund the difference.

I've lost count of the times I've had books through in just an envelope so they've been beat to hell. It's never happened to me from sellers on the boards though, only eBay.

And excess shipping is one of my pet hates. If I see a book I really want on eBay and the shipping is excessive I will pass on it. If I ever overcharge I always refund the difference.

Ive posted it before but its worth posting again.. ebay seller theneg_123 sold me 6 comics for 1p each and wanted maximum postage £16 ($25) for them (£2.75each). :o

i asked for a discount and the said 'sure' so charged just £12 ($16). doh!

I just paid him in the end. :frustrated:

The comics were posted in a plain envelope. no bag, no cardboard nothing! :(

I only deal with bad shippers once. I have a sweet hybrid shipping system now that is beyond bomb proof. But if I had to buy shipping supplies it would be expensive.

:popcorn:

Good tutorial. For me, who sends mostly slabs, I bend cardboard around the ends of the slab, wrap in bubble-wrap. Slide it into the 15" priority box and pack any open space on all four sides with newspaper, bubblewrap or whatever packing material is handy. I haven't had one broken yet. Though, it the post office works hard enough they can break anything. My broken slab collection is up to three. All received from ebay sellers:

Amazing Spider-Man 1 - Shipped in a manila envelope.

Green Lantern 76 - Shipped in a priority box that the PO absolutely crushed. Looked like it was crushed LONG ways.

Batman 232 - Priority box with no packing material. That's right, none. Just slid into the box. It rattled around in there for the whole trip.

Ouch, that's some bad treatment for some nice books. I would take this to ebay too, but for all the good it would do it's just not worth it. I doubt any of the comic sellers on there would read it anyway.

I just checked my ebay and I think I've bought three books from there in the last three months due to badly shipped books. 99% of my buying goes on here now.

Batman 232 - Priority box with no packing material. That's right, none. Just slid into the box. It rattled around in there for the whole trip.

There is a seller on here that does something similar, only he actually cardboard sandwiches it first, then drops it into the void of a large priority box, and the thing rattles around all the way across the U.S. The boxes are always crushed to heck when the get here, and I always think, 'oh no...., ' but I've never had any of the items damaged. I'm thinking it's mostly luck, though. :eek:

There is a seller on here that does something similar, only he actually cardboard sandwiches it first, then drops it into the void of a large priority box, and the thing rattles around all the way across the U.S. The boxes are always crushed to heck when the get here, and I always think, 'oh no...., ' but I've never had any of the items damaged. I'm thinking it's mostly luck, though. :eek:

I would be pizzed.

And the name of this seller is? I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to avoid said seller.

And the name of this seller is? I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to avoid said seller.

+1

I definitely wouldn't be buying from the same seller again.