• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Long overdue props to my man Jerel for this beauty! Thanks a lot buddy :cloud9:

lkjetpack.jpg

Awesome book :headbang:

Jerel's the man (thumbs u

I have found the second series is a bit lacking compared to the first. Does anyone else think so?

Not necessarily lacking, but a much slower pace. Building some back story. Loved the pace of the first once, as it punches the reader in the face right off the bat. This 'chapter' is a lot more subtle, but it's had some good moments.

I have found the second series is a bit lacking compared to the first. Does anyone else think so?

To be honest I'm enjoying the second series as much as the first. Hill's writing draws me in as much as his dad's. I suppose it makes a difference that I read the first run and 1-4 of Head Games in one go, and it does come off very much like a Stephen King novel in the way it fills pieces in here and there.

Man, this could slow to a snail's pace and I'd still be hooked. (thumbs u

Was #6 of Head Games supposed to be the conclusion? Or is there a #7?... Please tell me there is a #7 and that I don't have to wait till the fall for the next arc.

Was #6 of Head Games supposed to be the conclusion? Or is there a #7?... Please tell me there is a #7 and that I don't have to wait till the fall for the next arc.

Issue #6 was the conclusion of the "Head Games" arc :headbang:

The "Crown of Shadows" arc will pick things up in a few months :banana:

Finally read the last issue. I have to say that while I enjoyed this series because we got to learn about more keys and backstory, it felt like it suffered from both story decompression and loose ends. The main thrust of the arc could've been wrapped up in probably 3-4 issues, except for the digression into Darnell's personal life and whatnot that I felt went nowhere. Although his boyfriend is so entirely mismatched to him there must be a reason. I dunno, I'm still completely hooked anyway.

On the investment side, I bought 2 copies of V1 #1 off ebay last week for $2 each. They were listed as NM, and I was a little dubious but decided to risk it. They arrived today and one's solidly NM+ but the other has a bit of a crumpled corner, non-color-breaking. But they are both 1st prints. The books obviously not the quick $30 it was, but half cover-price is quite a deal for a nice one and a reader copy.

The "Crown of Shadows" arc will pick things up in a few months :banana:

Issue #1 was released today, and I thought it was GREAT!

I love the direction this series is taking :headbang:

Anyone else check it out today?