Page 4 of 42 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3382753 - 08/16/09 08:34 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: StarkEnterprises]
nmtg9 Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Stockton on Tees UK
Please take to ebay Gav. According to some sellers it's ok to put a comic in an envelope and nothing else.

Steve H who are you? where are my Dads 57 comics you borrowed on 17.09.1980 and never returned? (Seriously they were key Silver Marvels so if you know him PM me)

#3382760 - 08/16/09 08:39 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: sckao]
Happy Birthday The Resurrection Offline

I got one free ban card from Arch and I'm gonna use it on... wait... wait... where did I put it?!

GGGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New F'n Jersey
 Originally Posted By: sckao
 Originally Posted By: Boozad
 Originally Posted By: Beau
 Originally Posted By: MR.COMICBOOK
Great stuff Boozad, it should be a sticky, question where can I find cheap cardboard as I am always running out?

Since you live in the states MR COMICBOOK, go to usps com and order some priority mail boxes for cardboard. You can order up to 500 at one time, and they are FREE. No-cost shipping, too. I accidentally ordered some FPO boxes, and I use those for cardboard sandwiches.

Yep, you get an awesome service through USPS. Royal Mail pails in comparison.

Using the Priority Mail boxes for other purposes (or just for the cardboard) will eventually increase the price for the rest of us. They're already spending additional money printing on the inside of the boxes which I'm sure they will pass on to the customer.

(I realize this practice also precludes re-using OLD priority boxes... but using NEW boxes for cardboard sandwiches is really theft.)

I buy 200lb cardboard from Uline. It costs money, but I'm assuming the person I send it to reuses it and sends it to someone else in turn. I also recycle old boxes and large cardboard computer boxes for these purposes.

Great point made here by Shin!

I cut up all the boxes I receive, and save all the packing material. I also buy diapers for my son from costco and that box nets me 4 oversized pieces for mailers. And any other boxes I can chop up.

Taking the new boxes from usps to cut up for shipping is going to catch up to all of us as shin said. The boxes are "free" but they are not really free. In shipping and stamp costs, we pay for everything.

#3382761 - 08/16/09 08:40 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: The Resurrection]

I got one free ban card from Arch and I'm gonna use it on... wait... wait... where did I put it?!

GGGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

TOTAL NEWBIE

And the bags you receive from CGC for your slabs work great for bundling books before sandwiching between the cardboard. I use the Hotflips resealable bags for slabs, and just save the cgc ones for shipping raw books. \(thumbs u

#3382781 - 08/16/09 09:00 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: The Resurrection]
Boozad Offline

Please, please. No more man-crushes. I've hit my limit.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: England.
 Originally Posted By: The Resurrection
And the bags you receive from CGC for your slabs work great for bundling books before sandwiching between the cardboard. I use the Hotflips resealable bags for slabs, and just save the cgc ones for shipping raw books. \(thumbs u

How much are the resealable CGC bags from Hotflips Pat?

#3382782 - 08/16/09 09:01 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: Boozad]

GGGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Like $5.00 ? They may be $7.00, but I think they were 5.

#3382784 - 08/16/09 09:02 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: The Resurrection]
Boozad Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

I need to get me some of those real soon.

#3382787 - 08/16/09 09:07 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: Boozad]

GGGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

TOTAL NEWBIE

I can find out when they are setting up locally and grab you some. I need to start hitting shows to find a dealer to buy my old stock anyways. \(thumbs u

#3382803 - 08/16/09 09:25 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: The Resurrection]
Shark Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK

Great idea Pat. \(thumbs u
"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy. the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."

Shark's Feedback Thread:
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4294915

#3382804 - 08/16/09 09:25 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: The Resurrection]
Boozad Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

I can find out when they are setting up locally and grab you some. I need to start hitting shows to find a dealer to buy my old stock anyways. \(thumbs u

Thanks Pat that would be cool. \(thumbs u

#3382921 - 08/16/09 10:59 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: StarkEnterprises]
Not*Sure* Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: reading my comics ignoring u
I wanted to mention I know several people who have been "caught" using Priorty mail cardboard (even recycled ones not just cutting up new) USPS catches an inside out box or a cardboard box custom made from USPS box they will tack a priorty mail sticker on it and pass the cost on to the customer as postage due. (I've only heard of it a few times and once it was a box recycled) but it does happen.
As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
*Spoon you* I'm eating!

Page 4 of 42 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
BUYING: WHEAT CENTS
by Wheatcollector
Today at 08:21 PM
1964 Kennedy proofs, wholesale lots. 67's-69's, Stars, Cams, UC's, AH's, etc...
by AHFreak
Today at 12:21 PM
WTB: OGP (no coin) 2008-W 1/4oz mint state Buffalo
by agentjim007
Today at 10:52 AM
Wanted
by darryl f jones
Today at 09:08 AM
Comics Marketplace
Bronze Age Lot of 16 Howard the Duck Comics - Less Than 1/3 Guide Value - 1976
by faster friends
9 minutes 21 seconds ago
SDCC Toys, Vinyl, Posters, and Comics Mondo, Super7, Alien Eggs and MORE
by CDaBruce
13 minutes 1 second ago
Larry’s eBay Original Art & Ephemera Auctions! Parker, Ruiz, Schulz!
by Sheltone
13 minutes 18 seconds ago
Tons of Awesome Reading Materials Avatar/Vertigo/Dark Horse/Image/Marvel
by Colicab
56 minutes 21 seconds ago
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing