Page 6 of 43 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3384488 - 08/16/09 11:23 PM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: MR.COMICBOOK]
slym2none Offline

Meme mummer

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: dislocated
 Originally Posted By: MR.COMICBOOK
question where can I find cheap cardboard as I am always running out?

Go look behind furniture stores. You can find double-thick cardboard sometimes...

\(thumbs u

-slym

#3384870 - 08/17/09 08:40 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: MR.COMICBOOK]
ChasingKingKirby Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Mechanicsville, VA
Good tutorial. For me, who sends mostly slabs, I bend cardboard around the ends of the slab, wrap in bubble-wrap. Slide it into the 15" priority box and pack any open space on all four sides with newspaper, bubblewrap or whatever packing material is handy. I haven't had one broken yet. Though, it the post office works hard enough they can break anything. My broken slab collection is up to three. All received from ebay sellers:

Amazing Spider-Man 1 - Shipped in a manila envelope.
Green Lantern 76 - Shipped in a priority box that the PO absolutely crushed. Looked like it was crushed LONG ways.
Batman 232 - Priority box with no packing material. That's right, none. Just slid into the box. It rattled around in there for the whole trip.

#3385001 - 08/17/09 10:01 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: ChasingKingKirby]
Boozad Offline

Please, please. No more man-crushes. I've hit my limit.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: England.
Ouch, that's some bad treatment for some nice books. I would take this to ebay too, but for all the good it would do it's just not worth it. I doubt any of the comic sellers on there would read it anyway.

I just checked my ebay and I think I've bought three books from there in the last three months due to badly shipped books. 99% of my buying goes on here now.

#3385061 - 08/17/09 10:35 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: ChasingKingKirby]
lizards2 Offline

I have no registry points, so the only way to exercise my geek superiority is by being a jerk.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oregon Outback - Duckland!!!
 Originally Posted By: MLMeade

Batman 232 - Priority box with no packing material. That's right, none. Just slid into the box. It rattled around in there for the whole trip.

There is a seller on here that does something similar, only he actually cardboard sandwiches it first, then drops it into the void of a large priority box, and the thing rattles around all the way across the U.S. The boxes are always crushed to heck when the get here, and I always think, 'oh no...., ' but I've never had any of the items damaged. I'm thinking it's mostly luck, though.

#3385069 - 08/17/09 10:38 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: lizards2]
The Resurrection Offline

I got one free ban card from Arch and I'm gonna use it on... wait... wait... where did I put it?!

GGGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New F'n Jersey
 Originally Posted By: lizards2

There is a seller on here that does something similar, only he actually cardboard sandwiches it first, then drops it into the void of a large priority box, and the thing rattles around all the way across the U.S. The boxes are always crushed to heck when the get here, and I always think, 'oh no...., ' but I've never had any of the items damaged. I'm thinking it's mostly luck, though.
I would be pizzed.

#3385097 - 08/17/09 10:49 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: lizards2]
Dick Pontoon Offline

Spoon Pontoon

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Between 2nd and 7th

And the name of this seller is? I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to avoid said seller.

#3385117 - 08/17/09 10:59 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: Dick Pontoon]
The Resurrection Offline

I got one free ban card from Arch and I'm gonna use it on... wait... wait... where did I put it?!

GGGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New F'n Jersey
 Originally Posted By: *spoon* Pontoon

And the name of this seller is? I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to avoid said seller.
+1

#3385130 - 08/17/09 11:09 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: lizards2]
Boozad Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

I definitely wouldn't be buying from the same seller again.

#3389093 - 08/18/09 04:59 PM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: Boozad]
Boozad Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Just wondering after a couple of requests for this to be a sticky thread what everybody elses thoughts are?
Should A Packing Guide be Stickied In The Sales Forum?
You may choose only one
Yep, that's a great idea.
It should be stickied somewhere else.
No, it's pointless.
A crack guide would be better.

Votes accepted starting: 08/18/09 04:58 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#3389124 - 08/18/09 05:11 PM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: Boozad]
slym2none Offline

Meme mummer

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: dislocated
I have a butt-crack guide... does that count?

-slym

Page 6 of 43 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1, ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
The Art and Science of Grading Coins - by Jason Poe
by physics-fan3.14
12:56 PM
FS: Several Morgans and 1835 Half Dime - Free Shipping
by A.Phillips
12/18/14 06:51 PM
FS: Canada 1936 $ NGC MS64 @ Christmas Gift price. SOLD
by agentjim007
12/18/14 05:39 PM
Any Macau / Japan paper money for sale?
by Beebeepan
12/18/14 03:27 AM
Comics Marketplace
Hero For Hire # 1 CGC 9.2 WHITE Pages!
by Jordysnordy
Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 9.0 (C-OW) $2500 Shipped OBO
by HusTrucK
04:10 PM
WTB Silvestri, Liefeld, Finch, Original Art
by gelugo
02:15 PM
Tooth & Claw BW, Cap #25, Nova slabs for sale
by Pinky Lee Zepplin
12:36 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.027 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles