Page 23 of 42 « First<2122232425>Last »
Topic Options
#4823806 - 05/23/11 10:08 PM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: Walls]
lizards2 Offline

I have no registry points, so the only way to exercise my geek superiority is by being a jerk.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oregon Outback - Duckland!!!
 Originally Posted By: dwaller
 Originally Posted By: lizards2
 Originally Posted By: slabthistoo
 Originally Posted By: Liaton-9000
I've gotten two shipments of high grade books this week from boardies in priority envelopes / manila envelopes - what is wrong with you people? \(shrug\) Use a box - it rarely costs any more to use a box, and the books are way more likely to make it to their destination undamaged.

I've personally had about 97% of my books shipped in envelopes (bubble, manila, priority) and they've all arrived to me in tip-top shape.

I hear that anecdotal evidence all the time - it is not my experience with HG books, and I get several shipments in a week. Maybe 80% of the books come through unscathed that way, but no where close to all - that is not an acceptable rate. Envelopes might work great for low grade junk, but not for expensive, HG books. I don't see those u-line boxes working well either, as there is not adequate cushioning around the edges.

I had a $75 book folded in half not three weeks ago, due to being sent in a priority envelope, and it had beefy cardboard.

Again, it rarely costs more to use a box, so why not do it? I'm rapidly writing a bunch of you off here.

+1
had a $400 book placed between thick cardboard get folded in half because the sender used an envelope.
It is good to know who uses envelopes so I can buy elsewhere.
I had a $450 book come in off eBay last month with, I shiiite you not, one piece of cardboard in a manila envelope. I lucked out that time though, as no damage. It was a rare VF GA book too - pretty damm careless.
I had a 9.6 copy of X-Men 142 come shattered in half because it was shipped in a padded envelope with cardboard. Only a $100 book but still freaked me out at the time. Wasted another four months finding a like graded copy for the same price.
I just had a boardie ship me a slab in a similar fashion - all I can figure is that they never buy..., just sell.

#4847296 - 06/04/11 09:22 AM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: lizards2]
lizards2 Offline

I have no registry points, so the only way to exercise my geek superiority is by being a jerk.

TOTAL NEWBIE

For you guys that keep wanting to charge me $10-13 to ship a single HG comic in a box.

These are the smaller and lighter weight priority boxes - you can ship 1-2 comics in them and get the box below 1 pound in weight for cheaper postage - $5.50 throughout the U.S.

There is plenty of room in them to adequately protect comics.

1097 Priority Boxes

I just ordered another crate of 25.

My P.O. does not stock them - I can only get them (for free) from usps.com

#4847828 - 06/04/11 03:28 PM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: lizards2]
blue808 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Spam capital
For you guys that keep wanting to charge me $10-13 to ship a single HG comic in a box.

These are the smaller and lighter weight priority boxes - you can ship 1-2 comics in them and get the box below 1 pound in weight for cheaper postage - $5.50 throughout the U.S.

There is plenty of room in them to adequately protect comics.

1097 Priority Boxes

I just ordered another crate of 25.

My P.O. does not stock them - I can only get them (for free) from usps.com

I have the same boxes but I'll only charge you $9.75.

Crime SuspenStories #22 FN to VF
Phantom Stranger 13 NM
House of Secrets 82 NM

#4864685 - 06/12/11 05:27 PM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: blue808]
phtmEVENstrngr Offline
(S)uper Collector

Loc: Tallahassee, Florida
I haven't seen this covered in here yet...What's the best way to ship bulk books...like two short boxes worth?

#4865102 - 06/12/11 08:22 PM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: phtmEVENstrngr]
lizards2 Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: phtmEVENstrngr
I haven't seen this covered in here yet...What's the best way to ship bulk books...like two short boxes worth?

I would ship without the boards - 7-10 packed per single GA bag. You might get it down to one short box then. Pack an interior box tightly with books, then a cushion layer between the interior box and the exterior box.

I suggest removing the boards, as they are heavy, and bulky. And the heavier and bulkier your package is, the more likely it will be damaged in transit.

And if you're shipping within USA, UPS will probably be cheapest.

#4872012 - 06/15/11 10:52 PM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: lizards2]
phtmEVENstrngr Offline
(S)uper Collector

Loc: Tallahassee, Florida
Excellent!

Thanks!

#4964855 - 07/27/11 06:47 PM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: phtmEVENstrngr]
asr0462 Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

I just keep folding the issues in half until they fit in a standard envelope. Then it's only $0.44 to ship.

#5002235 - 08/11/11 02:06 AM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: asr0462]
Kal-El Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
Wow, that is a lot of packaging but I think just bubble wrapping and the cardboards would be efficient. Also cost friendly. Albeit, I havent shipped tons of comic books but I haven't had any complains so far.

#5002242 - 08/11/11 02:12 AM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: Kal-El]
lizards2 Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Kal-El
Wow, that is a lot of packaging but I think just bubble wrapping and the cardboards would be efficient. Also cost friendly. Albeit, I havent shipped tons of comic books but I haven't had any complains so far.
Having no complaints means nothing - it is whether you have repeat customers, as most don't complain, they just write you off and move on. The "never had a complaint before" is the first thing I hear when I do make a complaint.

I just saw a habitual 'ship in a priority envelope' seller here, who refused to own up to his crapppy shipping practices (complain to the USPS as it's not my fault) buy several slabs - I so wanted to post in the thread to make sure the seller ships them in a priority envelope. Just desserts, and Karma is a beotch.

#5002830 - 08/11/11 11:46 AM Re: How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad [Re: lizards2]
Kal-El Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
I can't argue with that. I suppose the extra money put in is nothing when it can go towards making sure you have repeat customers.

Page 23 of 42 « First<2122232425>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH @ COST- Nice scarce denarius of the Roman emperor Otho, 69 AD, NGC Fine
by lordmarcovan
Today at 06:03 AM
FSH: 1919-D Walker PCGS vf35 $625 dlvd
by BAJJERFAN
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
New coins added to website, more to come this weekend
by stldanceartist
Yesterday at 03:02 PM
eBay, 99c starting 10/23: nice 1600s/1700s "holey" silver coins + some fossils
by lordmarcovan
Yesterday at 01:08 PM
Comics Marketplace
Cleaning out my closet- $3 Silver and Bronze Marvels (with a few minor keys)
by spracknetch23
Today at 12:38 AM
Amazing Spider-man 73 CGC 7.0 - $55
by Buzzetta
Today at 12:32 AM
Mystic Comics #10
by Phillip
Today at 12:27 AM
Astonishing Tales 25 - First Deathlok! Guardians MP 3-12 Full Set!
by mrwoogieman
Yesterday at 11:09 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.019 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles