Page 14 of 42 « First<1213141516>Last »
Topic Options
#3796576 - 02/17/10 06:19 PM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: gradejunky]
Comicopolis Online   content

Only 7000 posts in more than 7 years - that's just lazy.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Big Sleep
 Originally Posted By: gradejunky
 Originally Posted By: scottish
Definitely a good tutorial! \(thumbs u

Ok hopefully all who don't know how to pack a book have read and fully understand that tutorial. Good job! I pack my books almost the same with a few variations.

You mean with better books inside the box lol

#3797469 - 02/17/10 11:22 PM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: shortstack comics]
slym2none Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: dislocated
 Originally Posted By: shortstack comics
How would you package... say... about 10 slabs and 10 raw books to be shipped overseas?

For everything together, I would make a box about the size of the slabs, put the padded&wrapped raw books in it along with blocking (cardboard cut to fit the empty ends of that box after the raw books were in it) and pack that up with the slabs in one box. Maybe even have that in the middle of the ten slabs.

-slym

#3797647 - 02/18/10 12:57 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: shortstack comics]
Boozad Offline

Please, please. No more man-crushes. I've hit my limit.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: England.
 Originally Posted By: shortstack comics
Hey Boozad...

How would you package... say... about 10 slabs and 10 raw books to be shipped overseas?

Seriously, I'd probably split 5 slabs and 5 raw into two different packages. The raw in a cardboard sandwich, the slabs wrapped in bubble wrap and the cardboard sandwich taped to the outside of the bubble wrapped slabs.

Surround the lot in peanuts (preferably) or bubble wrap. It's amazing how well-handled 99% of the packages are handled that I've received form over the pond.

#3797798 - 02/18/10 07:16 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: Boozad]
kdoginohio Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: where the wild things are
If boardies take the time to pack this well; why the deuce do I pay CGC to throw some bubble wrap in with my slabs? I'm not pulling in nearly as much as they are, yet I make sure my stuff is semi-bullet proof when i ship? rantrant

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Laugh all you want at my prepping. Just don't be the first to knock on my door when the SHTF.

#3894264 - 03/28/10 11:34 PM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: kdoginohio]
skinnys_pal_tubby Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Saskatchewan, CANADA
 Originally Posted By: kdoginohio
If boardies take the time to pack this well; why the deuce do I pay CGC to throw some bubble wrap in with my slabs? I'm not pulling in nearly as much as they are, yet I make sure my stuff is semi-bullet proof when i ship? rantrant

#3956751 - 04/22/10 07:35 PM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: MR.COMICBOOK]
10sHii Offline
Just got here

That's really helpful but if you're selling like 2-3 comics, maybe you can just put the comics with the carton in a flat rate priority envelope from USPS given that you can afford $5 for shipping lol.

#3958164 - 04/23/10 09:55 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: skinnys_pal_tubby]
cache22 Offline
Collector

Loc: NC
 Originally Posted By: skinnys_pal_tubby
 Originally Posted By: kdoginohio

I was pretty surprised after receiving my first box of submissions. I was even lucky enough to receive a broken slab on the first book out of the box. Their packaging is decent, but doesn't really seem on par with the packaging requirements/suggestions to be shipped to them. A little extra protection on the bottom of their boxes would go a long way, IMO. 2c

#4036632 - 05/25/10 11:34 PM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: cache22]
Timulty Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Iola, KS
I used to bubble, then put some cardboard pieces on the ends/corners to help out this stabilizing the slab. The pack around with newpaper, nice and tight to help prevent slipping. Still there is also a chance your carrier goes totally postal and decides your package, is meant for soccer practice.

\:\)

#4037087 - 05/26/10 09:32 AM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: Timulty]
GACollectibles Offline

(in my best Inigo Montoya voice-)
I do not think "I am done with this thread" means what you think it means.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: via Imgflip Meme Maker
Hey! How have you been?

Display your slabs for free at www.myslabbedcomics.com, and don't forget to check out the MySlabbedComics Facebook page!

Long Live the Denatar!

#4037604 - 05/26/10 01:30 PM Re: Maybe The Wrong Place But... How To Pack Your Books For Shipping [Re: GACollectibles]
DrWatson Offline

"What are you armed with?"
"Guess."
"Guess?"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Twatosaurus rex
One should still always double box.

"When in a room full of people and no one has your back; it's time to move your back." ~ Anonymous

I think that life's too short for this. I want back my ignorance and bliss. I think I've had enough of this. Blow me... one last kiss.

July 25, 2009.

Page 14 of 42 « First<1213141516>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
UNC Cent Rolls
by stldanceartist
17 minutes 21 seconds ago
1952 Olympics, Finland, S500M, NGC MS62, Beautifully Toned
by lj
55 minutes 36 seconds ago
WTB: 1942P Type 2 War nickel MS67*
by erwindoc
Yesterday at 08:56 PM
1965 Kennedy Half PCGS SP67 DCAM for sale
by Fudope
Yesterday at 08:15 PM
Comics Marketplace
HOS 92 CGC 8.5 oww & ASM129 CGC 9.2 white
by Junkdrawer
Today at 07:12 PM
FS: Spiderman/Superman/R
obin/Scarlett Witch/more Spiderman

by jjonahjameson1
Today at 06:53 PM
Raw Sets Galore Black Science, Bunker, Clone, MD,Sheltered,EOW and FG!!
by Dmac538
Today at 06:37 PM
FS: DC BA & SA
by ft88
Today at 06:36 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles