Page 1287 of 2779 « First<12851286128712881289>Last »
Topic Options
#5661727 - 05/08/12 10:38 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: followtheleader]
Ditch Fahrenheit Offline

I always forget who hates who around here...and why.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Star Trek: Daybed Nine
 Originally Posted By: followtheleader
I'd like to add Joey21 to the Probation List. Notification has been sent.

On March 23rd, I paid for 2 comics. When I returned from vacation in April and had not received them, I contacted him. I received no reply. In the 2nd week of April, I started a claim with Paypal. On April 16th, he told me he was out of the country and would send my books. I re-sent my address and waited. Still didn't receive anything. Fully submitted my Paypal claim. I have not heard from him since and still no books.

Pat

Originally Posted By: AndyBoBo
 Originally Posted By: Joey21
No one has any interest?
Am I doing this correctly?

Since you asked, who are you? No one knows who you are and you're starting a sales thread at <25 posts.

hm

Prescient.

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5661740 - 05/08/12 10:41 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: followtheleader]
comicdonna Offline

This is what my dog thinks of your post.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Green Mountain state!
 Originally Posted By: followtheleader
I'd like to add Joey21 to the Probation List. Notification has been sent.

On March 23rd, I paid for 2 comics. When I returned from vacation in April and had not received them, I contacted him. I received no reply. In the 2nd week of April, I started a claim with Paypal. On April 16th, he told me he was out of the country and would send my books. I re-sent my address and waited. Still didn't receive anything. Fully submitted my Paypal claim. I have not heard from him since and still no books.

Pat
It would seem that if he doesn't reply here within 72 hours, he should be added to the list.

#5670004 - 05/10/12 07:46 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Walls Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Washington DC
 Originally Posted By: sufunk
 Originally Posted By: Silver Surfer
Just to clarify I think Walls might have reference a sale he made with me. Books are in the mail but I take full accountability for not getting it out sooner and I have apologize to him for not being able to communicate this earlier. It was a slab and a raw copy of the same book but it took me almost a week to find the raw copy. Then I just hit a super busy spell at work, etc but that's not his problem.

Walls is fairly new here so I think him asking general questions in this thread is perfectly fine and the right thing to do. I've been here for years and have done a lot of deals with people so I have the luxury of knowing the general landscape whereas a new guy has to rely on what he sees and hears. Besides I'm sure we all agree that the HOS and this thread is much bigger than it should be. Carry on folks. \(thumbs u

As I told walls in pm, he had absolutely NOTHING to worry about with Peter ( silver surfer) because he's as stand up a guy as you will ever meet. Owning up and apologizing here when he wasn't even named should just proves how stand up he is even more for any of you that don't know him and know that already \(thumbs u Most people would have not just said a word and left it at walls saying it was resolved. Outing himself and apologizing publicly is more than the most people I know on here would do.

You won't find anyone on here as willing to go out of his way to help someone. I've bought from him many times and have never had a problem. This little snafu with walls aside, I would never hesitate to buy from him Or recommend him to someone looking to buy. Anyone who's been here awhile already knows this.

Oh and as far as the taking a week to find the book, if you saw surfers collection dano, you'd be surprised it didn't take him a month to find it! He has more insane Pedigrees than 95% of us have books. Just looking thru those would take a good 2-3 weeks \(worship\)

ASM252 9.8 Twin Cities came in to day and it is fantastic. Again, part of the problem may have been me, I certainly suffer from buyer apprehension....

However, I reserve the right to "chirp" up, especially when I need a hug or some hand holding on a transaction.

#5671389 - 05/11/12 01:28 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Walls]
followtheleader Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Colorado
72-hour period has expired for Joey21.

Pat

Lulu - 5/27/14 (I'll see you soon)
Mosley - 8/26/11
Booj - 6/13/08
John Graeff - 11/2003
Chris Anthony - 5/1/2006
Darrent Williams - 1/1/2007

Want to buy:

Goon (raw 9.8): 5, 14 Buzzard cover, both 26s.
Cry for Dawn (CGC 9.6/9.8 White) - 1, 5 (2nd Print), 7 & 8
Thor (CGC 8.5-9.2): 126, 144, & 162.
Uncanny X-men (CGC 9.4, White): 111, 114, 129, & 134.
Wolverine (1988 series) (raw 9.6-9.8): 28, 35, & 93.

Bone (1st Print - Cartoon; raw 9.8): 25, 32, 34, 37, 38 (Miller cover), 40, 42, 44, 47, & 52
Sandman (Gaiman; raw 9.8): 2, 13, 18, 25, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 36, 37, 41, 49, 52, 57-59, & 62

#5679031 - 05/13/12 10:25 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: followtheleader]
Pirate Offline

My packages take better vacations than I do

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Home of the BUZZARDS
I would like to add qualitycomix to the list. He had a huge sale that basically ended on 4/11/12. No money has been exchanged, but I thought it was poor form as I probably put the sign guy on $70 worth of books and he vanished. He came on a week later and purchased something and then disappeared completely.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...rue#Post5592745

One of the "FORMERS" and still the best

KUDOS THREAD

Looking to buy Batgirl Special pages by Barry Kitson,
ORIGINAL ART

#5679138 - 05/13/12 11:11 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Pirate]
roundguy Offline
The Collectinator

Loc: Black Hills SD
I also had a few buys in that group i assume something came up and no money was exchanged so i forgot about it. I have tryed to buy from his web page with no response there either so maybe something came up?I just picked up one of his books on ebay tonight

Edit to add the purchase on ebay

Edited by roundguy (05/14/12 12:13 AM)

#5680331 - 05/14/12 02:38 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: roundguy]
jools&jim Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: (c)Harm City, USA

Not sure how to handle the following situation:

On May 5, I sent a PM invoice to a buyer, which was read by the recipient, but I received no response and no payment. Four days later, I sent a PM reminder, which was also read -- still no response and no payment. I sent a third reminder a day later, and added that taking more time to pay would be fine by me, but that he needed to get in touch with me to discuss the terms. To date, this third PM has not been read.

So now I'm nearly 10 days into this with no $$, even though the terms of my sales thread clearly stated that "Payment is via PayPal only, and is expected within 3 days of closing the deal (unless we've made other arrangements via PM)."

I know I can't propose the guy for the probie list until after 30 days. But in the meantime, I really need the $$. So is it cool for me to put the book up for sale again if, after 2 weeks from the original invoice, I still haven't got a response or any payment? The downside, of course, is that I guess this would nullify any probie action which could be taken.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks! -Mikey

“Ninety-nine percent of the world's lovers are not with their first choice. That's what makes the jukebox play.” -- Willie Nelson

#5680354 - 05/14/12 02:49 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Pirate]
thehumantorch Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Alberta Canada
 Originally Posted By: Pirate
I would like to add qualitycomix to the list. He had a huge sale that basically ended on 4/11/12. No money has been exchanged, but I thought it was poor form as I probably put the sign guy on $70 worth of books and he vanished. He came on a week later and purchased something and then disappeared completely.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...rue#Post5592745

Again? Seems Quality Comics keeps coming up.

My CAF

#5680365 - 05/14/12 02:53 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: jools&jim]
thehumantorch Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Alberta Canada
Goosie?

My CAF

#5680366 - 05/14/12 02:54 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: jools&jim]
tortoise Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Tempe, Az
 Originally Posted By: jools&jim

Not sure how to handle the following situation:

On May 5, I sent a PM invoice to a buyer, which was read by the recipient, but I received no response and no payment. Four days later, I sent a PM reminder, which was also read -- still no response and no payment. I sent a third reminder a day later, and added that taking more time to pay would be fine by me, but that he needed to get in touch with me to discuss the terms. To date, this third PM has not been read.

So now I'm nearly 10 days into this with no $$, even though the terms of my sales thread clearly stated that "Payment is via PayPal only, and is expected within 3 days of closing the deal (unless we've made other arrangements via PM)."

I know I can't propose the guy for the probie list until after 30 days. But in the meantime, I really need the $$. So is it cool for me to put the book up for sale again if, after 2 weeks from the original invoice, I still haven't got a response or any payment? The downside, of course, is that I guess this would nullify any probie action which could be taken.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks! -Mikey

I think you have every right to re-sell the book, only because you set a specific time frame that Payment was due.
Send the previous buyer a pm saying" I'm sorry but I have to re-list the book" and Re-list it.

Page 1287 of 2779 « First<12851286128712881289>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTB: Junk Silver
by ChasingKingKirby
10:54 AM
New @ kittlecoins.com - Type Coins; Lovett Tokens; Copper Wilson Dollar; Commems
by illini420
10:08 PM
PROOF 70 COINS FOR SALE
by wmfielding
10/28/14 09:58 AM
Canadian Large Cents, more
by stldanceartist
10/26/14 08:44 PM
Comics Marketplace
A box for this most Mysterious of nights.
by shadroch
X-Men 1 (1963)
by TupennyConan
Flash Rare Variants and MORE!
by Revat
Boy Commandos #7 CGC 7.5
by Garry Ghoul
Advertisements

Generated in 0.314 seconds in which 0.301 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles