Page 83 of 378 « First<8182838485>Last »
Topic Options
#5584551 - 04/07/12 10:01 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: BrianR]
BrianR Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: N. Phx. Arizona
Neighbor was moving and saved about 500 or more records from being tossed.

Hoping to figure out a was to turn them into comic money. records are from the 1930s - 1980ish. about 20 records are junk to be tossed. Sorry for the bad pic don't want to show to much of the garage. Anyone know anything about records locally? lol

Wanted $$ will pay $100 for a vf copy plus shipping

#5584876 - 04/08/12 12:26 AM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: BrianR]
Designer Toast Offline

Quoting your own initial thread post: take seven shots.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: NMish Silliness
 Originally Posted By: BrianR
Picked these up a Goodwill.

The Toast Man likes! \(thumbs u

- The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct.
- If you're lucky enough to do well, it's your responsibility to send the elevator back down.
- It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles.
- Treat others how you wish to be treated and one up yourself by actually living by what you say.
- Oddly enough, some claiming to be a part of our community are far too often MIA when someone needs help. These MIA "community members" usually only pop up for the occasional discussion or to do sales threads.

#5585007 - 04/08/12 02:23 AM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: Junkdrawer]
PovertyRow Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Perv Toy Row, San Francisco
 Originally Posted By: Junkdrawer
I hit the mother load today for way cool VHS tapes. The original Batman series from 1949, Captain America from 1944, Nyoka, Red Ryder, Crimson Ghost, Masked Marvel, Captain Marvel Etc. I have no idea what to watch first

OMG that is a TON of video goodness. I can't wait to see what you get the 2nd time around. Those horror and sci-fi are amoung my all time favorites.

Now what I AM noticing is a marked lack of the 50's sci-fi horror with things like TARANTULA, I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN, I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLFTHE GIANT CLAW, GIANT GILA MONSTER, IT CONQUERED THE WORLD etc etc.

Many of these have yet to hit DVD. I am betting, based on his tastes, there are a good number of them there. If you find them grab them.

I don't own a VCR anymore but if that collection hit my lap I would get one in a heartbeat!

Lettuce know what is in roiund 2.

#5585094 - 04/08/12 05:31 AM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: PovertyRow]
Junkdrawer Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: BOSTON
 Originally Posted By: Povertyrow
 Originally Posted By: Junkdrawer
I hit the mother load today for way cool VHS tapes. The original Batman series from 1949, Captain America from 1944, Nyoka, Red Ryder, Crimson Ghost, Masked Marvel, Captain Marvel Etc. I have no idea what to watch first

OMG that is a TON of video goodness. I can't wait to see what you get the 2nd time around. Those horror and sci-fi are amoung my all time favorites.

Now what I AM noticing is a marked lack of the 50's sci-fi horror with things like TARANTULA, I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN, I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLFTHE GIANT CLAW, GIANT GILA MONSTER, IT CONQUERED THE WORLD etc etc.

Many of these have yet to hit DVD. I am betting, based on his tastes, there are a good number of them there. If you find them grab them.

I don't own a VCR anymore but if that collection hit my lap I would get one in a heartbeat!

Lettuce know what is in roiund 2.
I went back and He had said that he forgot to bring them.

Junkdrawer | My CAF Page | Kudos

#5586066 - 04/08/12 05:25 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: BrianR]
Doohickamabob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: BrianR
Neighbor was moving and saved about 500 or more records from being tossed. Hoping to figure out a was to turn them into comic money. records are from the 1930s - 1980ish. about 20 records are junk to be tossed. Sorry for the bad pic don't want to show to much of the garage. Anyone know anything about records locally? lol

Be sure to set aside the good stuff. If you have any records that are RCA/Victor with "Stereo Action" at the top, be sure to keep those. There are actually some rare jazz and classical albums that collectors will pay hundreds for. A friend of mine is really good at tracking down first-edition rare classical records and for a while he paid his rent buying and selling them.

Some records truly are junk and will never be worth anything, but I still hate to throw them in the garbage. Give them to Salvation Army or Goodwill and let them sort it out. Also, album-cover art is a very underappreciated thing, and many album covers are worthy of display. If you see any really cool covers consider buying a frame made specially for records and putting in on your wall. I have several like that and they are very attractive.

Post photos when you've sorted out some of the cooler records.

#5592297 - 04/11/12 11:16 AM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: Doohickamabob]
capt hook Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: NYC
This is still my favorite thread!
#5592476 - 04/11/12 12:34 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: capt hook]
BaltimoreLauren Offline

CAUTION: OFFENSIVE SENSE OF HUMOR AHEAD.

(also the bridge is out)

TOTAL NEWBIE

The other day, Pat, my mom and I went to an antique store in Taneytown:

He bought a bottle. He also bought me this:

#5592868 - 04/11/12 03:17 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: BaltimoreLauren]
Doohickamabob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: BaltimoreLauren
The other day, Pat, my mom and I went to an antique store in Taneytown:

I used to go to antique stores like this when I lived in the sticks (deep South) for a while. You can smell the mustiness just looking at this pic.

#5593226 - 04/11/12 05:31 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: Doohickamabob]
ForlornOutcast Offline
The Collectinator

Got these at a local consignment auction, 7$ for the pair. Not a steal but an ok deal.

#5599527 - 04/14/12 01:10 AM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: ForlornOutcast]
Gatchaman Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Traveling in better circles.
Look what I found at Half Priced books for 49 cents.

Page 83 of 378 « First<8182838485>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1, ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
The Art and Science of Grading Coins - by Jason Poe
by physics-fan3.14
12:56 PM
FS: Several Morgans and 1835 Half Dime - Free Shipping
by A.Phillips
12/18/14 06:51 PM
FS: Canada 1936 $ NGC MS64 @ Christmas Gift price. SOLD
by agentjim007
12/18/14 05:39 PM
Any Macau / Japan paper money for sale?
by Beebeepan
12/18/14 03:27 AM
Comics Marketplace
9.8 Chew #1 blue lable
by buuduh
Low grade keys! Hulk 181, Daredevil 1, and more!
by buuduh
Affordable Keys- FF45, JIM 85, Ms. Marvel 1, DD 111
by SpideyFein
07:01 PM
CGC Keys/PCH/hot moderns/raw Cronze/hot Silver this thread has it all!!!!!
by Diamonddave
06:37 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.05 seconds in which 0.033 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum IDW Publishing