• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

I sold my slabbed 4.0 earlier this year - regrets, but I just got another raw copy.

Light stain on the cover but otherwise nice colors and eye appeal.

Please enter my subscription to the club !!!

scan0004-4.jpg

Nice one. The stain is darn near invisible.

boy seeing all this SHOWCASE 22 enthusiasm is making me wish I went after the 9.2 last year! THIS and the movie hype, that is.

You should've. It went for quite cheap, to a boardie. :applause:

boy seeing all this SHOWCASE 22 enthusiasm is making me wish I went after the 9.2 last year! THIS and the movie hype, that is.

You should've. It went for quite cheap, to a boardie. :applause:

After realization that both aman and I are suffering from advancing Alzheimer's, we realized there was no 9.2 and what we were talking about was a 9.0 copy (which is the highest grade given by CGC to date).

anyone remember what the 9.0s sold for?

I barely remember what I had for lunch!

Tim & aman,

I agree on the 9.0. It is the highest graded. Unless it sold recently, I believe it went for $20k and some change awhile back.

Here's the Sid's Luncheonette copy. The cover went kinda opaque on me quite soon after i bought it. It's one of the few that ever did that and I have no reason as to why.

the Boards voted this a 3.5 in a Poll last year...

Showcase003.jpg

Tim & aman,

I agree on the 9.0. It is the highest graded. Unless it sold recently, I believe it went for $20k and some change awhile back.

thanx. 20K isnt so bad, especially if it stays top copy and no 9.4 or even 9.2 appears. Its a super tough HG book, but if I were a betting man, I say there IS a copy out there waiting in a mylar. We've seen nearly every other comic show up, why not Showcase 22?

Tim & aman,

thanx. 20K isnt so bad, especially if it stays top copy and no 9.4 or even 9.2 appears. Its a super tough HG book, but if I were a betting man, I say there IS a copy out there waiting in a mylar. We've seen nearly every other comic show up, why not Showcase 22?

Yes, you'd think there's one out there somewhere. But definitely rare in HG:

9.0 2

8.5 2

8.0 3

Tim & aman,

Yes, you'd think there's one out there somewhere. But definitely rare in HG:

9.0 2

8.5 2

8.0 3

John is correct. There are 2 9.0s out there.

Aman, I've been searching since the 70s for this book. Many of the older collectors have given up (or died). Can't explain the rarity.

Ever notice that most copies are C/OW in page color? No white pager out there. Here's the closest...M Wilson sold it on ebay (see link below). I f****d up and bid too low. Look close at that book. Bright colors, very glossy, and probably the BEST PQ out there. The back cover is pure WHITE.

Showcase 22? Too many questions and too few answers.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/blog/post/2008/08/21/Showcase-22-CGC-60-Clears-3K.aspx

That copy is um, ya ... what did Jackcsco say on page 1 again?

Something about battle tested? Maybe he is right. This copy barely survived at a CGC 0.5 and deserves our respect, darnit!

Exactly! It's still ... Hal ... I guess

(thumbs u