• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Trey,

Like many here, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. My wife and I own two Shih Tzus and mean the world to us. Hopefully he stays healthy and adapts well to the new change.

Regarding conduct on the boards, I can empathize with the needing to raise money to help defray the costs of the veterinary procedures; however, you were given multiple cues on how to correct many of the sales threads you were attempting to post. I know I sent you some friendly advice via PM. and yet it seemed to go ignored. As I said then, many members feel as though sellers who show up to sell comics and continually disregard the rules feel like they're being taken advantage of. There are no fees to sell and buy here as there are on many other online sites, so there is a certain amount of respect for the community and its guidelines becomes a prime requisite for such interactions. While it's not always the nicest response, members who see people disregarding these community guidelines (intentional or otherwise) generally respond quite negatively--especially considering the higher-than-normal amount of these sorts of behaviors as of late.

Anyhow, as I suggested to you before, read the marketplace guidelines, read through and see how the other sales threads work, and THEN look at setting up your own sales threads.

Trey,

Like many here, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. My wife and I own two Shih Tzus and mean the world to us. Hopefully he stays healthy and adapts well to the new change.

Regarding conduct on the boards, I can empathize with the needing to raise money to help defray the costs of the veterinary procedures; however, you were given multiple cues on how to correct many of the sales threads you were attempting to post. I know I sent you some friendly advice via PM. and yet it seemed to go ignored. As I said then, many members feel as though sellers who show up to sell comics and continually disregard the rules feel like they're being taken advantage of. There are no fees to sell and buy here as there are on many other online sites, so there is a certain amount of respect for the community and its guidelines becomes a prime requisite for such interactions. While it's not always the nicest response, members who see people disregarding these community guidelines (intentional or otherwise) generally respond quite negatively--especially considering the higher-than-normal amount of these sorts of behaviors as of late.

Anyhow, as I suggested to you before, read the marketplace guidelines, read through and see how the other sales threads work, and THEN look at setting up your own sales threads.

forrest, the voice of reason (is it because you are an educator).

but he is right.

j

I'm trying to take Cujobyte off of ignore. I thought I did it but it doesn't seem to have worked. Anyone here good at ignoring and then un-ignoring someone?

What should I do?

Nick's good people! (thumbs u

Anyone here good at ignoring and then un-ignoring someone?

Ask Divad, he's probably done it hundreds of times. Surprised he hasn't posted about it yet.... :whistle:

I'm trying to take Cujobyte off of ignore. I thought I did it but it doesn't seem to have worked. Anyone here good at ignoring and then un-ignoring someone?

What should I do?

Nick's good people! (thumbs u

Thanks Tom!! Ditto!!!

Divad's ignoring my attempt to get him out of the house on Sunday! :baiting:

Too busy . . . gotta snake those drains . . . or clean the gutters - Wait, I don't even have gutters :insane:lol

Gotta throw this out there - not a probation list offense, as I am forgiving his non-payment due to "unexpected" circumstances "outta (his) hands" - Taz007 is apparently having some financial difficulties, car wreck, etc. :blahblah:

Unfortunately, I don't get the impression he takes it (non-payment) very seriously either. :P

Gotta throw this out there - not a probation list offense, as I am forgiving his non-payment due to "unexpected" circumstances "outta (his) hands" - Taz007 is apparently having some financial difficulties, car wreck, etc. :blahblah:

Unfortunately, I don't get the impression he takes it (non-payment) very seriously either. :P

He also had me pull a book from my ebay store about 2 months ago with promise of payment.I never recieved payment and later sold the book back on ebay. 2c

He also had me pull a book from my ebay store about 2 months ago with promise of payment.I never recieved payment and later sold the book back on ebay. 2c

Thats pretty weak.

hm Perhaps we should see who else chimes in . . . hm

hm Perhaps we should see who else chimes in . . . hm

Man, why am I always involved in these things :(

When the VCC was going on, Taz PM'ed me and asked whether it would be ok for him to grab a bunch of books and then pay "1-2 weeks later". I said sure. He lated added some more books from my recent For Sale thread, and I was just about to shoot him a reminder for payment (because it's been 3 weeks now) when I received this PM:

Ay Micheal,

I don't quit know how to put this but my car was totaled yesterday by some crazy drunkard so i won't be able to buy any of those books off you. i was meaning to right you sooner but got caught up in school work and such. I really need to buy a replacement car asap before fall semester starts so i have to sell all my books and cant buy any of the books i already committed to buy. Hope you don't hold this against me in the future dude. lol

Lucas

Perhaps it's just me, but I fail to see the humor in this situation ...