Page 1268 of 2819 « First<12661267126812691270>Last »
Topic Options
#5601869 - 04/15/12 05:05 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: PovertyRow]
RockMyAmadeus Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Deer Hunter
 Originally Posted By: Povertyrow
 Originally Posted By: RockMyAmadeus
 Originally Posted By: Bio-Rupp
Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

Too much power to give to too few of people.

The greatest weakness of the PL...the ability for there to be a "Am not! Are too!" back and forth...is also its greatest strength...it's a completely democratic process.

There is no way that a small group of people....even if it's only procedural power at this point...should have that kind of power.

It doesn't matter who the people are. It wouldn't matter if it was ME, and you gave ME the sole power...I would reject it.

It's a dangerous path to go down.

Do you feel the same way about the unspeakable "power" that a few members have in the Virtual Comic Con hosted here?

Or the awesome power of the Mods themselves?

There is no "power" here. It is a purely administrative job.

"I'm going to say the list is biased towards collectors born yesterday." - Dr. Balls

"This is the lowest example of class that I've ever witnessed on the boards." - bronzejonny

"DESSLOK, desslok desslok,...."

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5601871 - 04/15/12 05:07 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: divad]
RockMyAmadeus Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Deer Hunter
 Originally Posted By: divad
 Originally Posted By: skypinkblu
Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

They don't have the power to decide who goes on, just to update the list. Who goes on would still be decided the same way.

Before you were here, Divad pretty much handled the entire shebang himself...and did an outstanding job.

NO one took themselves on and off...

Always the voice of reason \(thumbs u

meh

"I'm going to say the list is biased towards collectors born yesterday." - Dr. Balls

"This is the lowest example of class that I've ever witnessed on the boards." - bronzejonny

"DESSLOK, desslok desslok,...."

#5602827 - 04/15/12 04:07 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
PovertyRow Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Perv Toy Row, San Francisco
 Originally Posted By: Povertyrow

The greatest weakness of the PL...the ability for there to be a "Am not! Are too!" back and forth...is also its greatest strength...it's a completely democratic process.

There is no way that a small group of people....even if it's only procedural power at this point...should have that kind of power.

It doesn't matter who the people are. It wouldn't matter if it was ME, and you gave ME the sole power...I would reject it.

It's a dangerous path to go down.

Do you feel the same way about the unspeakable "power" that a few members have in the Virtual Comic Con hosted here?

Or the awesome power of the Mods themselves?

There is no "power" here. It is a purely administrative job.

#5603677 - 04/15/12 11:46 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: divad]
followtheleader Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Colorado
Have people received their books from Joey21? Any contact?

Pat

Lulu - 5/27/14 (I'll see you soon)
Mosley - 8/26/11
Booj - 6/13/08
John Graeff - 11/2003
Chris Anthony - 5/1/2006
Darrent Williams - 1/1/2007

Want to buy:

Goon (raw 9.8): 5, 14 Buzzard cover, both 26s.
Cry for Dawn (CGC 9.6/9.8 White) - 1, 5 (2nd Print), 7 & 8
Thor (CGC 8.5-9.2): 126, 144, & 162.
Uncanny X-men (CGC 9.4, White): 111, 114, 129, & 134.
Wolverine (1988 series) (raw 9.6-9.8): 28, 35, & 93.

Bone (1st Print - Cartoon; raw 9.8): 25, 32, 34, 37, 38 (Miller cover), 40, 42, 44, 47, & 52
Sandman (Gaiman; raw 9.8): 2, 13, 18, 25, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 36, 37, 41, 49, 52, 57-59, & 62

#5603768 - 04/16/12 01:20 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: followtheleader]
bababooey Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: whereaboots undisclosed
 Originally Posted By: followtheleader
Have people received their books from Joey21? Any contact?

Pat
hm
If only there was some record of who these other buyers were and maybe even a means of communicating with them directly.

#5604263 - 04/16/12 11:04 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: bababooey]
comix4fun Offline

This is one of the rare times that having no friends works in my favor.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Under The Serious Moonlight
What part of "No Discussions" on the Probation List thread does Sagat NOT understand?!

"That's my secret.....I'm always angry."

"I wake up in the morning and I *spoon* excellence. I am just a big, hairy, American, winning machine."

#5604281 - 04/16/12 11:11 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: comix4fun]
skypinkblu Offline

I'm just the coordinator. Just?

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Somewhere over the Rainbow
 Originally Posted By: comix4fun
What part of "No Discussions" on the Probation List thread does Sagat NOT understand?!

I dunno, I was thinking he's getting into Hall of Shame territory, but my main reason would be that he's being terminally annoying...and I guess that's not fair.

Maybe we need a new list..."terminally annoying"?

My eBay listings

#5604325 - 04/16/12 11:35 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: comix4fun]
sufunk Offline

It used to at least change but now its just stuck on TOTAL NEWBIE forever.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Davie, Florida

He acts like he doesnt understand why or who put him on the list so what makes you think he'd understand where to post discussions???

#5604342 - 04/16/12 11:49 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
seanfingh Offline

You earn it. It's like MMA for nerds.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hall of HIPPOS

He has yet to plumb the depths of either his stupidity or his douchebaggery. Stand by for more.

#5604543 - 04/16/12 01:23 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: seanfingh]
Branget Offline

Branget: This is all fine and good but I'm at almost 18k posts and still no custom title. How do you explain that?

Arch: I guess I can't.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The placement is PERFECT!
 Originally Posted By: SAGAT
 Originally Posted By: Shark
 Originally Posted By: Jeffro
 Originally Posted By: Jeffro

- Yes I have updated the list and removed myself as I should never have been on this list to begin with.

That's not your call to make. You cannot just remove yourself, acting all on your own, any more than I can add someone, acting all on my own. Things don't happen in a vacuum.

If you feel you should not be included, then perhaps we can discuss the reasons why you feel that way. It is completely inappropriate for any person on the list to take themself off the list.

You're way out of line here and If you truly want to be a positive member of this forum, this is not the way to do it.

Apologies if you feel this is not appropriate but I don't know who added me on to begin with. I don't like to be included in such a the list when I have not done anything wrong. If you have concrete evidence (not an opinion) that I should be on this list then go ahead but until then I am off and never should have been on. Have a nice day.

So, we're supposed to accept your word and nothing else that you do not belong on the list? Again, it doesn't work that way.

If you believe you don't belong on the list, then let's talk about why and maybe come to a resolution.

My high school classmate under twistty bought a avengers 1 raw from me which was never cgc graded. 3years later I saw him in a gym where I play basketball and he started getting violent .He claimed the book was restored so I was threatened -I had no choice but to refund him $400 even though the book was never graded. I did not want to engage in violence-in fact I could have called police. So I thought that was end of it according to him as he thought we reached and agreed on a settlement (I was of the opinion I was threatened and robbed) -that should have been the end of it then there was trash talk about me from him on the boards the very next day etc I believe I was put on probe list for that transaction. I have always paid for everything I bought and always delivered when sold. I never deal in raw books again. Thats the whole story for re-assurance.

So I am not to included in this probie list.

So did he keep the book or was it returned to you when you gave him the $400?

He kept book and sold it.

At a $920 loss of which you only gave him $400 of.

So he sold the book for zero dollars? I was told after the anger subsided that this was a form of settlement so we're square as agreed upon with a firm handshake. But this blew up even after. This is the truth.

This is simply NOT the truth but typical Frank politics.

Almost everyone here knows that Jeff is a knob of biblical proportions. - comix4fun

Page 1268 of 2819 « First<12661267126812691270>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: Several Morgans and 1835 Half Dime - Free Shipping
by A.Phillips
06:51 PM
FS: Canada 1936 $ NGC MS64 @ Christmas Gift price. SOLD
by agentjim007
05:39 PM
Any Macau / Japan paper money for sale?
by Beebeepan
03:27 AM
Looking to buy and sell confederate notes
by aps
12/17/14 10:12 PM
Comics Marketplace
How to get ahead at X-Mas! CSS #22
by agro23
01:36 AM
1964 Time Capsule JLA #21 & #22 and Hawkman #1
by gdfisher
12:27 AM
Power Man & Iron Fist Run 68-124 F/VF $50 a
by ottobord
11:12 PM
I've got bronze runs. (yup)
by Real Elijah Snow
10:49 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.277 seconds in which 0.263 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles