Page 1266 of 2769 « First<12641265126612671268>Last »
Topic Options
#5599508 - 04/14/12 12:49 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: divad]
PovertyRow Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Perv Toy Row, San Francisco
 Originally Posted By: divad
 Originally Posted By: bababooey
I think you've done a great job in these PL threads POV - I know you worked hard documenting all the rules.
You've resisted taking the easy road on some nominations, when opposing the mob was the right thing to do. You always state your reasoning clearly yet you are very open minded when considering the opinions of others.

\(worship\)

What a bunch of bababooey!

At times we think nothing alike!

And thank you baba for the kind words.

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5599550 - 04/14/12 01:31 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Park Offline

I am the Socrates of deleted thread awesomeness.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Crushing Awkwardness
 Originally Posted By: sufunk
 Originally Posted By: oakman29
 Originally Posted By: Bio-Rupp
How would we go about locking the thread from the general population,and only five people having access to it? Would we need to ask Arch for moderator status only in the probie thread?

I've said this before... if you're going to involve Arch or Mods, just ask them to LOCK the words "PROBATION LIST" into the sig line of the offender.

Arch has proven that this lock of a sig line can be done. Then the offending party can't post anywhere without the brand of shame being evident.

Wouldn't be too hard either since there are only 50 or so HOS and Probation list members.

I think that is an excellent idea.

+1

That would be PERFECT!

Everyone realizes that siglines are an option that every member here has the option to turn off right?

Even if the mods would do this, and they won't, it is something that is easily defeated.

I don't really understand the reinvention of the wheel due to one miscreant, Sagat, changing the probation list. I would spend my energy trying to compel the moderators to ban him outright for potentially having a shill account, carebear, that he is trying to pass off as his "roommate ".

Just me though.

This topic has been moved.

This thread was sent away to live on a nice farm, where it can play all day with lots of other threads. CCGMod0 (?) via Fingh

#5599562 - 04/14/12 01:41 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Park]
Branget Offline

Branget: This is all fine and good but I'm at almost 18k posts and still no custom title. How do you explain that?

Arch: I guess I can't.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The placement is PERFECT!
Sagar more than most belongs on the list. If I had my way he'd be HOS. 2c

#5599569 - 04/14/12 01:57 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Park]
PovertyRow Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Park

I don't really understand the reinvention of the wheel due to one miscreant, Sagat, changing the probation list. I would spend my energy trying to compel the moderators to ban him outright for potentially having a shill account, carebear, that he is trying to pass off as his "roommate ".

Just me though.

Actually Sagat has nothing to do with the reinvention of the wheel.

The thing that made me compile the existing Probation List Rules into a real list was an increase of people just adding people to the Probation List even if they had not fulfilled what was then the standard. While the standard was in place, it was spread out over many instances and never actually compiled. So I figured just spell it out in a Rules list.

Sagat is at best a minor rerun of the phenomena.

#5599648 - 04/14/12 05:45 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: PovertyRow]
Bosco685 Offline

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? But whatever. Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace. Even if it's evil.

And lurking.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: USA
 Originally Posted By: Povertyrow

CapFreak removed himself from the list a few times during the multi-buyer burn event. Then he asked someone else to do it for him.

So not the first time this has happened, but a rare situation.

#5599749 - 04/14/12 08:47 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: oakman29]
Jeffro Offline

Speaking as myself, I don't deserve anything.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: SABODFL
 Originally Posted By: Jeffro
Keep the list as is. There are three people on that list that I personally would feel comfortable with and the other two, not so much.

I wouldn't trust myself with the responsibility. I'm too emotional at times.

Let's not make this more complicated than it needs be. The only reason why we are talking about it is because of one dutch puzzle (SAGAT). We don't need to reinvent the wheel because of one malcontent.

I hope you feel comfortable with me? I don't sell,well only one book to you.Thanks for that.

I'm just making my opinion known. In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter what I alone think. It matters what the majority thinks.

#5599753 - 04/14/12 08:48 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: divad]
Bio-Rupp Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: EAAT - TN (DE)
 Originally Posted By: divad
 Originally Posted By: Bio-Rupp
How would we go about locking the thread from the general population,and only five people having access to it? Would we need to ask Arch for moderator status only in the probie thread?

I've said this before... if you're going to involve Arch or Mods, just ask them to LOCK the words "PROBATION LIST" into the sig line of the offender.

Arch has proven that this lock of a sig line can be done. Then the offending party can't post anywhere without the brand of shame being evident.

Wouldn't be too hard either since there are only 50 or so HOS and Probation list members.

Never gonna happen . . . unless you agree to wear a Scarlet A lol

If you thought about it for more than 10 seconds (which I know is an eternity of consideration for most of you ) it would be sponsored "branding" - not necessarily a liability that the host company would like to incur.

I've thought about it for 10 seconds and put about 5 into your comments (as always)

If this were the case wouldn't they be risking the same "branding" liability and libel issues for putting someone on a "strike list" or allowing members to post a probation list at all? I mean if they let us do anything on "their" site... aren't they ultimately responsible for all the site content?

I've got 17+ pages of positive "branding" on my cgc board feedback page... which can't be correct because I know for a fact that I've got one boardie (or more ) that wakes up every day dreaming for me to die.

I would compare use of that sig line for this the same as eBay's use of a feedback percentage box. Its in full, public view as well. No eBay member would have a low positive feedback percentage "brand" unless deemed worthy of it by members of that community. And even though that system has its flaws... its still being used after 15+ years.

Using the word "probation list" in a sig line would equate to me the same risk in dealing with someone with a low, postive feedback percentage. Isn't this basically the same?

In either case, if the offender makes right, his standing will improve through either a higher percentage of positive feedback given or removal of a "probation brand". Tomato <> ToeMAAtoWW

And on a side note... I'm reasonably sure that Arch/Mods can disable your ability to enable/disable anything on this site.

#5599763 - 04/14/12 08:55 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Jeffro]
Bosco685 Offline

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? But whatever. Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace. Even if it's evil.

And lurking.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: USA
 Originally Posted By: Jeffro
I'm just making my opinion known. In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter what I alone think. It matters what the majority thinks.

You just went up a notch in my book. The Avengers salute you!

Or maybe they were just some fellow comic geeks walking by. \(shrug\)

#5600132 - 04/14/12 12:27 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Bosco685]
PovertyRow Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Bosco685
 Originally Posted By: Povertyrow

CapFreak removed himself from the list a few times during the multi-buyer burn event. Then he asked someone else to do it for him.

So not the first time this has happened, but a rare situation.

I was also referring to people prematurely adding others to the PL.

#5600249 - 04/14/12 01:52 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: PovertyRow]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: bolinas lagoon
How come there's no longer a page 1 to this thread? hm

Page 1266 of 2769 « First<12641265126612671268>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH @ COST- Nice scarce denarius of the Roman emperor Otho, 69 AD, NGC Fine
by lordmarcovan
06:03 AM
FSH: 1919-D Walker PCGS vf35 $625 dlvd
by BAJJERFAN
09:28 PM
New coins added to website, more to come this weekend
by stldanceartist
03:02 PM
eBay, 99c starting 10/23: nice 1600s/1700s "holey" silver coins + some fossils
by lordmarcovan
01:08 PM
Comics Marketplace
HALLOWEEN THEMED EBAY AUCTION - 100 ITEMS LISTED
by Wall-Crawler
09:24 AM
Cleaning out my closet- $3 Silver and Bronze Marvels (with a few minor keys)
by spracknetch23
12:38 AM
Amazing Spider-man 73 CGC 7.0 - $55
by Buzzetta
12:32 AM
Mystic Comics #10 - Timely Comics
by Phillip
12:27 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.275 seconds in which 0.264 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing