Page 1265 of 2626 « First<12631264126512661267>Last »
Topic Options
#5599395 - 04/13/12 11:43 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
skypinkblu Offline

I'm just the coordinator. Just?

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: WESTCHESTER NY (like the X-Men...
 Originally Posted By: sufunk
 Originally Posted By: oakman29
 Originally Posted By: Bio-Rupp
How would we go about locking the thread from the general population,and only five people having access to it? Would we need to ask Arch for moderator status only in the probie thread?

I've said this before... if you're going to involve Arch or Mods, just ask them to LOCK the words "PROBATION LIST" into the sig line of the offender.

Arch has proven that this lock of a sig line can be done. Then the offending party can't post anywhere without the brand of shame being evident.

Wouldn't be too hard either since there are only 50 or so HOS and Probation list members.

I think that is an excellent idea.

+1

That would be PERFECT!

That was suggested a long time ago... I thought it would make a nice custom title....it didn't seem to fly with the Mods.

My eBay listings

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5599406 - 04/13/12 11:46 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Poverty_Row]
Green Offline

WHAT is your favorite color?
Blue. No, Green! AAAAHHHHH!!!!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Begging AND Choosing
 Originally Posted By: Povertyrow
 Originally Posted By: divad
 Originally Posted By: mikenyc
That's what's silly about the probation list; some clown can just take themselves off. It should be locked and only one member can update the list. There is someone I have in mind.

I agree 100% Since the probie list was Divads brain child I nominate him.

I have long felt the list itself should be locked in this way. I second Divad's nomination but think we need at least one other person (ideally two others) to insure realtime coverage, especially for things like hectic work days, being sick, going on vacation etc. It may also be good to have the other people in different time zones, maybe one on the East Coast and one in one of those odd European places. .

This is a good idea, but as my participation has been limited of late, I like POV's idea of having 4 or 5 authorized members. I'm fine with the three posters here and perhaps bosco as well? How about?

Povertyrow
oakman29
mikenyc
bosco
divad

Thanks Divad but I would not want to be that involved anymore. As I had said a while back, "Pov doesn't work here anymore" and then my stripper vids were pulled. \:\( I do think you and a few others would be good for the list itself, because having it locked, which is part of the reason, would also prevent all the trash posts that keep littering it.

Looking at the posts centering on all of this and the mess the Probation List thread itself is in, I'm glad to be out of it.

Without moderator assistance it isnt worth the time or emotions. 2c

Also buying 80s nintendo powers in nm or better!

#5599432 - 04/13/12 11:53 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: skypinkblu]
Bio-Rupp Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: EAAT - TN (DE)
 Originally Posted By: skypinkblu
How would we go about locking the thread from the general population,and only five people having access to it? Would we need to ask Arch for moderator status only in the probie thread?

I've said this before... if you're going to involve Arch or Mods, just ask them to LOCK the words "PROBATION LIST" into the sig line of the offender.

Arch has proven that this lock of a sig line can be done. Then the offending party can't post anywhere without the brand of shame being evident.

Wouldn't be too hard either since there are only 50 or so HOS and Probation list members.

+1

That would be PERFECT!

That was suggested a long time ago... I thought it would make a nice custom title....it didn't seem to fly with the Mods.

It continues to amaze me that the Mods can consistantly pull a pic of a girl in a bathing suit or a slight political comment, but can't help enforce an issue that would actually protect board members.

Not saying that Mods aren't helpful or needed... just a 2c

#5599485 - 04/14/12 12:29 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Poverty_Row]
bababooey Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I think you've done a great job in these PL threads POV - I know you worked hard documenting all the rules.
You've resisted taking the easy road on some nominations, when opposing the mob was the right thing to do. You always state your reasoning clearly yet you are very open minded when considering the opinions of others.

\(worship\)

#5599487 - 04/14/12 12:30 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Bio-Rupp]
Poverty_Row Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Perv Toy Row, San Francisco, C...

+1

That would be PERFECT!

It continues to amaze me that the Mods can consistantly pull a pic of a girl in a bathing suit or a slight political comment, but can't help enforce an issue that would actually protect board members.

This has been discussed before. There is a huge difference between maintaining the contents of the boards (removing photos etc) and branding individual users with negative siglines and/or custom titles. Why should CGC put themselves in such a potentially actionable position?
Excel Spreadsheet
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bocj4c8r1i5xlnu

Delimited Text File (for importing into other apps)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?fatq0qp54ltz1ba

#5599493 - 04/14/12 12:38 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Bio-Rupp]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: bolinas lagoon

Never gonna happen . . . unless you agree to wear a Scarlet A lol

If you thought about it for more than 10 seconds (which I know is an eternity of consideration for most of you ) it would be sponsored "branding" - not necessarily a liability that the host company would like to incur.

#5599498 - 04/14/12 12:43 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: skypinkblu]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

Too much power to give to too few of people.

They don't have the power to decide who goes on, just to update the list. Who goes on would still be decided the same way.

Before you were here, Divad pretty much handled the entire shebang himself...and did an outstanding job.

NO one took themselves on and off...

Always the voice of reason \(thumbs u

Although when Sha changed colors earlier on, I though she was changing teams . . .

#5599499 - 04/14/12 12:44 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Poverty_Row]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

+1

That would be PERFECT!

This has been discussed before. There is a huge difference between maintaining the contents of the boards (removing photos etc) and branding individual users with negative siglines and/or custom titles. Why should CGC put themselves in such a potentially actionable position?

See Michael, at times we actually do think alike . . .

#5599502 - 04/14/12 12:45 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: bababooey]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: bababooey
I think you've done a great job in these PL threads POV - I know you worked hard documenting all the rules.
You've resisted taking the easy road on some nominations, when opposing the mob was the right thing to do. You always state your reasoning clearly yet you are very open minded when considering the opinions of others.

\(worship\)

What a bunch of bababooey!

#5599507 - 04/14/12 12:48 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: divad]
Poverty_Row Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Perv Toy Row, San Francisco, C...
 Originally Posted By: divad

+1

That would be PERFECT!

See Michael, at times we actually do think alike . . .

Of course we do! Now come here, ya big lug!
Excel Spreadsheet
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bocj4c8r1i5xlnu

Delimited Text File (for importing into other apps)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?fatq0qp54ltz1ba

Page 1265 of 2626 « First<12631264126512661267>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
eBay Auction - 1926-S Mercury VF Details
by TheTdotP
05:46 PM
SOLD: 4 BU Mint Set Franklin Halves
by stldanceartist
11:05 AM
For Sale - Nice 1936 Buffalo
by TheTdotP
09:17 AM
Choice 1820/19 Large Cent PCGS VF35 CAC! Gorgeous 1877S Double Eagle & More!
by AnkurJ
07/23/14 08:14 PM
Comics Marketplace
X-Men #266 NM / 1st Full Appearance Gambit - Under Guide Value - 1990
by faster friends
A couple of horrific comics by Baker and Cole
by comicnoir
FS: Daredevil #168 CGC 9.0 White Pages
by Spacy
06:53 PM
SOLD- CLOSED! Justice League of America #21 CGC - lots of 1st apps!
by Revat
06:43 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.257 seconds in which 0.244 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing