Page 1283 of 2623 « First<12811282128312841285>Last »
Topic Options
#5648340 - 05/03/12 12:56 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Dano Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Originally Posted By: sufunk
 Originally Posted By: Dano
Instead of searching for cute little graemlins to suit your needs, perhaps a reading comprehension course would be useful \(thumbs u

I've got no dog in this fight. I'm not complaining about anyone and have no "sour deals" pending so why are you quoting me saying I'm person_without_enough_empathy about a bad seller??? \(shrug\) I'm just agreeing with someone who does have a problem and giving my opinion. If you like waiting around for someone to send what you paid for until their life is absolutely perfect, great for you! I pay for my books immediately and expect the same courtesy in sending my books as soon as reasonably possible.

It has nothing to do with OCD. When I pay for something, I expect to receive it in a timely manner or have some communication explaining why that isn't happening. As far as I know, that's how buying/selling works on this planet. "life issues"??? Honestly, I could give two craps about that. Everyone has problems but still manage to do what needs to be done without curling up in a ball and Sucking their thumb ignoring their responsibilities until life is perfect again.

It doesnt strike you as odd how no one EVER has one of these major "life issues" when setting up a sales thread and taking your money? Weird how that only comes up AFTER someone has your money.

Oh and don't give me the "it's only comics so relax" line. If they are only comics and don't matter, then don't sell them and collect people's money. I don't care if it's a stick of gum, when I pay for it, get it to me in a timely manner or communicate why you aren't. Doing anything less is the nothing but selfish, immature and unacceptable in my book \(thumbs u

Brilliant.

Dan

Being the Internet, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.

Just to clarify though, I don't want it to sound like I don't care about someone else's problems. I've had MANY times on here where someone pm'd me and explained the problem and why they couldn't send the book or payment. Every single time, my response has been " cool, no problem and don't worry about it, just let me know when it's better and it'll be sent" \(thumbs u

To just completely ignore someone is completely unacceptable unless you are dead or I. The hospital. Losing your job, getting sick etc is NOT an excuse to just leave someone hanging for weeks on end with no communication at all. That's what a 5 year old would do not an adult with any sense of responsibility. I think 99.9% of people on here would be understanding and give you as much time as you need tout you just communicate with them. Ignoring a buyer/seller you have a responsibility to is NEVER acceptable though in my book \(thumbs u

No sarcasm at all. I totally agree with you! \:\) I agree especially that true life changing events that preclude concluding a comic deal are very rare.

Dan

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5648554 - 05/03/12 07:58 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Speedy-D Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brooklyn, U.S.A.
It has nothing to do with OCD. When I pay for something, I expect to receive it in a timely manner or have some communication explaining why that isn't happening. As far as I know, that's how buying/selling works on this planet. "life issues"??? Honestly, I could give two craps about that. Everyone has problems but still manage to do what needs to be done without curling up in a ball and Sucking their thumb ignoring their responsibilities until life is perfect again.

We've decided that 30 days is the amount of time. If it feels unreasonable, then you just don't like the rules around here. You could certainly try to change them, but until then, 30 is the magic number. Sellers have 30 days to get you your comics after you pay. Buyers have 30 days to pay after the .

Also, hyperbole, while amusing and powerful, doesn't really help either side of an argument.

It doesnt strike you as odd how no one EVER has one of these major "life issues" when setting up a sales thread and taking your money? Weird how that only comes up AFTER someone has your money.

Again, this may just be exaggeration on your part to make a point, but ... if someone has "life issues" before setting up a sales thread, they just don't set up the sales thread. Seems pretty logical to me, and completely un-devious. Even so, I have definitely seen people start sales threads, then let them fall off because something has come up and they can't maintain it. They come back a week or whatever later apologizing for letting it slide, and often start it back up again. As for taking your money, the seller doesn't even have to do anything. They can take your money via paypal while in the very act of "curling up in a ball and Sucking their thumb ignoring their responsibilities until life is perfect again."

Edited by Speedy-D (05/03/12 07:59 AM)

OA @ CAF || Comic artist contact/commission info

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."
- Alexander Hamilton

“There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.”
- Hamlet

\(worship\) VIVA INFANTINO \(worship\)

#5648612 - 05/03/12 08:51 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Speedy-D]
sufunk Offline

It used to at least change but now its just stuck on TOTAL NEWBIE forever.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Davie, Florida
 Originally Posted By: Speedy-D

We've decided that 30 days is the amount of time. If it feels unreasonable, then you just don't like the rules around here. You could certainly try to change them, but until then, 30 is the magic number. Sellers have 30 days to get you your comics after you pay. Buyers have 30 days to pay after the .

Also, hyperbole, while amusing and powerful, doesn't really help either side of an argument.

Again, this may just be exaggeration on your part to make a point, but ... if someone has "life issues" before setting up a sales thread, they just don't set up the sales thread. Seems pretty logical to me, and completely un-devious. Even so, I have definitely seen people start sales threads, then let them fall off because something has come up and they can't maintain it. They come back a week or whatever later apologizing for letting it slide, and often start it back up again. As for taking your money, the seller doesn't even have to do anything. They can take your money via paypal while in the very act of "curling up in a ball and Sucking their thumb ignoring their responsibilities until life is perfect again."

Wow, do your friends call you Mr. Literal at home???
lol

I have no problem with the 30 days although personally i think that is a little long. I guess i dont mind because ive never had anyone on here take even remotely that long to send me the books. The only problem i have is if there was no communication during that time. If i pay for a book and then dont hear a single word and pm's go unanswered for 30 days, i'm definitely going to get a little worried and annoyed. Again, thats never remotely happened so wether i like it or not doesnt really matter.

As to "life issues", like i said other than a one in a million occurrence that shouldnt affect a sale or sending a book. Like some others have said, how often does someone have a life changing problem that prevents them from taking 10 minutes to send a book or 30 seconds to send a PM??? Not NEARLY as much as people try to act on here when they arent doing what they should for whatever reason imo.

Regardless, all i said and meant is that you need to communicate with the other party no matter whats going on unless you are incapacitated. Both of these last posters had sent PM's that went unread or unanswered for weeks on end. Thats just not acceptable 99% of the time. It takes 30 seconds to respond to a pm. That just shouldnt happen imo \(shrug\)

#5648678 - 05/03/12 09:24 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Speedy-D Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brooklyn, U.S.A.

Wow, do your friends call you Mr. Literal at home???
lol

I have no problem with the 30 days although personally i think that is a little long. I guess i dont mind because ive never had anyone on here take even remotely that long to send me the books. The only problem i have is if there was no communication during that time. If i pay for a book and then dont hear a single word and pm's go unanswered for 30 days, i'm definitely going to get a little worried and annoyed. Again, thats never remotely happened so wether i like it or not doesnt really matter.

As to "life issues", like i said other than a one in a million occurrence that shouldnt affect a sale or sending a book. Like some others have said, how often does someone have a life changing problem that prevents them from taking 10 minutes to send a book or 30 seconds to send a PM??? Not NEARLY as much as people try to act on here when they arent doing what they should for whatever reason imo.

Regardless, all i said and meant is that you need to communicate with the other party no matter whats going on unless you are incapacitated. Both of these last posters had sent PM's that went unread or unanswered for weeks on end. Thats just not acceptable 99% of the time. It takes 30 seconds to respond to a pm. That just shouldnt happen imo \(shrug\)

You could not be more wrong! Everything you've said is as unreasonable as it gets, I can't believe you're a real human!

Nah, just kidding. I agree with you on all points. Hyperbole is one of my pet peeves, sorry. Anyway, of course if someone isn't answering your PMs that's not cool. Like you, I pay for my comics within minutes of getting a Paypal address from the seller, and I'd be totally annoyed if they then sat on my comics, incommunicado, for upwards of a month. I'm just saying we've agreed to allow for 30 days, so that's the way it is. If some lazy SOB wants to wait that long to get me my comics, that's my tough luck. Come day 31, I may well exercise my right to PL his butt.

OA @ CAF || Comic artist contact/commission info

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."
- Alexander Hamilton

“There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.”
- Hamlet

\(worship\) VIVA INFANTINO \(worship\)

#5648685 - 05/03/12 09:27 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Speedy-D]
DR.X Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Survived the Krell Brain Boost
Like you, I pay for my comics within minutes of getting a Paypal address from the seller

I don't know if that's true. It took you twenty minutes to pay me from our last transaction. I was just about to go into panic mode and throw you on the list.

Survived a full blown attack by a 30ft Great White.

#5648689 - 05/03/12 09:28 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Speedy-D]
sufunk Offline

It used to at least change but now its just stuck on TOTAL NEWBIE forever.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Davie, Florida
No, i agree with you. The only problem i had was bababooey acting like you cant even mention a problem on here until after 30 unless you are a OCD i d i ot. I've got no problem with what walls did and said even though it hadnt been 30 days. If someone wants to come in here and say "its been 20 some days and i havent heard a single thing, once it hits 30 days what do i do?" which is basically what he did.

#5648927 - 05/03/12 11:22 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Walls Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Washington DC
I think 30 days is fine to finish negotiating for the sale of the item, but to be honest with you, IMHO, once money has changed hands, I think 30 days is a long time to wait, unless agreed upon by the buyer and seller, before expecting your item. I would suggest maybe half of that time frame to at least expect it to be in the mail with some type of delivery confirmation number. If a seller waits until day 30 and then sends something media mail or international shipping, I imagine you could be on the outside of your limit for posting a claim depending on how you've paypaled. Also, in a couple of instances I've had the seller request a personal payment through paypal and I believe that removes all protection we have as a buyer. In that case, I think the sale needs to be taken even more seriously. Does it need to be completed in 5 days? No, but I don't really see asking for a confirmation number to be provided in two weeks to be all that super demanding unless you have some time management challenges...

How are the rules decided by the community? Is it put to a vote for as many people as possible to ring in or is this a select group of illuminati-like individuals putting these rules in place? I've read through the last 6 months of this thread and it seems like the same 20 or 25 folks posting over and over. I think there is close to 18k folks on this board. How would one go about making a suggestion? Are buyers and sellers fairly represented? It seems like alot of the discussion I've seen focuses on protecting the seller and the buyer can just suck it. Despite the fact that the seller doesn't actually ship until they receive money. I know I've dropped 1k to 1.5k a couple of times and in those cases I do expect awesome communication and in these purchases I've received it. After the initial purchase, I'll be much more comfortable dealing with you and won't be as paranoid but up until that point I would like to see the items shipped in a reasonable time. Also, keep in mind that some of us are relatively new and don't know who has street cred and who doesn't. Having some guy like bababooey come out and tell folks who have spent maybe significant amounts of money to STFU is stupid.

In relation to my original issue, I do have some movement now. Thanks so much for those folks who actually helped. Also keep in mind that I never outed the seller and my questions were process related.

#5649099 - 05/03/12 12:17 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Walls]
Ditch Fahrenheit Offline

I always forget who hates who around here...and why.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: It is not dying...
 Originally Posted By: Walls
I would suggest maybe half of that time frame to at least expect it to be in the mail with some type of delivery confirmation number.

I agree, and said it earlier in this thread.

Confirmation Number

Why not nip the problem in the bud?

If the buyer has paid and has not received a shipment confirmation number in X days (I'm thinking 7-10 days max), then there's a problem and it should be dealt with.

Why focus on item arrival date, when this adds the extra variable of delivery method, not to mention the extra time the buyer waits before knowing something is wrong.

Again, I wasn't here when the rule was created, so maybe this is what the majority wants, but it seems like the metric is in the wrong place.

PS - I don't think it's just buyer apprehension with an unknown seller, OCD, etc. Some buyers want to receive what they purchase in a reasonable amount of time, regardless of how trustworthy the seller.

#5649123 - 05/03/12 12:23 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Ditch Fahrenheit]
Bio-Rupp Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: EAAT - TN (DE)
This has nothing to do with anything... BUT...

Shellhead... I love your sig line \:\)

Everytime I see it I just get drawn in and watch it. \:\)

#5649147 - 05/03/12 12:34 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Bio-Rupp]
Ditch Fahrenheit Offline

I always forget who hates who around here...and why.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: It is not dying...
\:\)

Page 1283 of 2623 « First<12811282128312841285>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
For Sale: Nice Toned Mercuries: 1920P,29S&36S
by TheTdotP
1965 SMS MS 66 ULTRA CAMEO KENNEDY HALF
by saen78
08:31 PM
FSH: 1883-O PCGS MS65 Toned Morgan Dollar
by coinman_23885
06:02 PM
Coin eNewsletter #9: Convincing Evidence of Evolution and New Purchases
by michael
03:05 PM
Comics Marketplace
24 Hour Slab Sale!!!!
by amnesiac
Beachbum's 2014 SDCC Sales Thread
by BeachBum
Some keys, some not
by hermster
10:29 PM
Amazing Spider-Man #50 5.5 OW/W Apparent Slight (C-1) - $185 shipped
by Mark 1
09:42 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.307 seconds in which 0.294 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles