• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

I don't think you have to do that, but I do think all the photos you do post have to be books you are listing for sale.

In other words, you could do

Book A $x dollars (shown below)

Book B $y dollars (not shown)

(photo of Book A)

but you were doing this

Book A $x dollars

Book B $y dollars

(random photo that may or may not be one of the above books)

There is a BIG difference.

(thumbs u It must be the photo OR a detailed description.

And no PhiGam, I did not report your listing. But you trying to state the same photo was a different photo sure didn't help any rather than just correcting the problem. Especially when it was the same exact photo, including the naming convention.

Now, any further discussion on this needs to go into the KEEP THE OTHER THREADS CLEAN, as this is for the probation list.

Why isn't all this in the General Discussion Thread David asked nicely and since he started the thread I think he has a idea what he wants it used for. 2c

I just said that above to keep this thread clean.

I am confused.

A buyer posted a complaint, the consensus is it is a valid complaint. The title of this thread is Probation Thread: for forum sales problems. Seems like this is a problem again the consensus here is the seller ripped off the buyers.

Seems to me this is EXACTLY the proper place for this be posted, and it seems the seller should be added to the probation thread. So why is this not the place to report scams from sellers on the forums, and why is the seller not listed? It looks like possibly a member who has been around a long time may be getting a free pass,

PMS,

May I refer you to post #1 in this thread? That should clear up your confusion. :)

cheers,

-d

It does not, my original question still stands.

And if this is soley a complaint thread for non payment, then it seems that the whole allybat fiasco should not have made the list and thus to be fair he and all mention of his scam should be removed from the list.

Well, I question your level of reading comprehension then . . . :whistle:

It's a complaint thread for non-payment and non-delivery - it's not a "he calimed it was NM and it was only a VF+" complaint thread, but thanks for asking. :grin:

The "alleybat fiasco" was added by another board member, but I have no reason from what I've seen to question the veracity of the poster or circumstances which led to its inclusion here.

Actually I do not care what you think about my level of treading comprehension. This complaint belongs here, period. There is no point in multiple probation threads for bad buyers/sellers and since there is already a person listed as a scammer then it stands to reason that scammers belong here.

You're a Newb...and you can't spell or type...this is divad's realm and divad's call...your opinion has been downgraded...now go home... :makepoint:

I assume you're kidding.......?

Well...sortof...but I really don't appreciate the pushy attitude...it's just semantics at some point scamming vs not following through on a marketplace transaction...Alleybat took money and didn't provide the book...scam/failed transaction...anyone can apply scam to failed transaction...

While these meltdowns can be fun reads...and don't get me wrong, informative as well...divad as well as others pointed out and requested the "discussion" be moved to the Discussion thread...after it's all hashed out and the guilty are determined it can be returned here and put forth for probation as deemed fitting...

While I don't appreciate scammers and bad deals, I don't appreciate newcomers running roughshod over established conventions that have withstood the test of time... meh

I figured you knew Prismatic. If you don't...your comments are out of line IMO( not that I think you care about my opinion :insane:)

You're a Newb...and you can't spell or type...this is divad's realm and divad's call...your opinion has been downgraded...now go home... :makepoint:

Divad is the caretaker of the list. If he doesn't make the appropriate call(which he has thus far), we can just take a vote & make the call ourselves.

As for trying to limit discussion in this thread:

I'm all for Subliminal's suggestion, and feel this thread has become the proper place to discuss these problems. 2c

I am confused.

A buyer posted a complaint, the consensus is it is a valid complaint. The title of this thread is Probation Thread: for forum sales problems. Seems like this is a problem again the consensus here is the seller ripped off the buyers.

Seems to me this is EXACTLY the proper place for this be posted, and it seems the seller should be added to the probation thread. So why is this not the place to report scams from sellers on the forums, and why is the seller not listed? It looks like possibly a member who has been around a long time may be getting a free pass,

PMS,

May I refer you to post #1 in this thread? That should clear up your confusion. :)

cheers,

-d

It does not, my original question still stands.

And if this is soley a complaint thread for non payment, then it seems that the whole allybat fiasco should not have made the list and thus to be fair he and all mention of his scam should be removed from the list.

Well, I question your level of reading comprehension then . . . :whistle:

It's a complaint thread for non-payment and non-delivery - it's not a "he calimed it was NM and it was only a VF+" complaint thread, but thanks for asking. :grin:

The "alleybat fiasco" was added by another board member, but I have no reason from what I've seen to question the veracity of the poster or circumstances which led to its inclusion here.

Actually I do not care what you think about my level of treading comprehension. This complaint belongs here, period. There is no point in multiple probation threads for bad buyers/sellers and since there is already a person listed as a scammer then it stands to reason that scammers belong here.

I assume you're kidding.......?

Well...sortof...but I really don't appreciate the pushy attitude...it's just semantics at some point scamming vs not following through on a marketplace transaction...Alleybat took money and didn't provide the book...scam/failed transaction...anyone can apply scam to failed transaction...

While these meltdowns can be fun reads...and don't get me wrong, informative as well...divad as well as others pointed out and requested the "discussion" be moved to the Discussion thread...after it's all hashed out and the guilty are determined it can be returned here and put forth for probation as deemed fitting...

While I don't appreciate scammers and bad deals, I don't appreciate newcomers running roughshod over established conventions that have withstood the test of time... meh

I figured you knew Prismatic. If you don't...your comments are out of line IMO( not that I think you care about my opinion :insane:)

Divad is the caretaker of the list. If he doesn't make the appropriate call(which he has thus far), we can just take a vote & make the call ourselves.

As for trying to limit discussion in this thread:

I'm all for Subliminal's suggestion, and feel this thread has become the proper place to discuss these problems. 2c

I respect YOUR opinion...but not PMS's... :devil:

( :gossip: but I am offended you think that I knew him... :screwy: )

:sumo: 6/24/09 PROBATION UPDATE (TVanderZwaag Added) :sumo:

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

CAP freak

(added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

Markweb

(added 3/24/09)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL

(added 10/12/08)

Roxx Gang

(added 3/31/09)

rza808

(added 12/29/08)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

TFL

(added 6/2/09 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

TVanderZwaag

(added 6/23/09)

Wolfhulk

(added 3/24/09)(You can't hide by changin' your user name!)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

back on track...

Merci beaucoup. :)

Don't forget about this post when he was added on 5/10/09.

Oops, updated:

boechler added 9/19/08 - Removed 11/08/08

Cap_FFreak or CAP Freak added 6/20/07 - Removed on 9/30/07 - Back on 10/11/07 - Removed 10/20/07 - Added 5/21/09

Chi Bamm added 8/7/07 - Removed 8/30/07 *Was called in for reserve duty in Iraq

comicseekers added 6/1/07 - Removed on 7/6/07 - Back on 5/10/09 and removed 6/2/09

daken2626 added 10/11/07 - Removed 10/13/07

Dbostejano added 10/12/08 - Removed 4/09/09

DiceX added 12/7/07 - Removed 1/16/08

Fandango added 11/7/07 - Removed 2/20/08

Golf Clap Graemlin added 10/22/07 - Removed 10/23/07

Hobo added 2/2/08 - Removed 2/14/08

HUSH added 10/11/07 - Removed 10/12/07

IITravel - added 3/28/07 - Removed 6/1/07

Joker-Fish added 8/9/07 - Removed 9/13/08

klozd24seven added 2/2/08 - Removed 2/19/08

lighthouse added 6/13/07 - Removed on 6/20/07 - Back on 9/30/07

Matmarvel added 2/14/08 - Removed 2/15/08

newkingintown added 10/18/07 - Removed 5/20/08

old man added 7/06/07 - Removed sometime before 8/16/07 - Back on 12/7/07 - Removed 5/21/08

spongerob86 added 2/21/08 - Removed 8/15/08

TVanderZwaag added 3/12/09 - Removed 3/12/09 and Back on 6/24/09

So, Bosco had my whole FS thread removed because I had an older picture of an Invincible #2 up in my thread :meh:

so, if i understand rule #7 correctly, if i have 3 copies of the same book up for sale (Copy A, B and C), i have to have three different scans?

wow.

Would you buy a book that was sold with a stock photo so you cannot judge for yourself ahead of time its condition? I doubt it.

there were no stock photos, ya dunce.

it was clearly my own photo of the same book, just a different copy....

So, Bosco had my whole FS thread removed because I had an older picture of an Invincible #2 up in my thread :meh:

so, if i understand rule #7 correctly, if i have 3 copies of the same book up for sale (Copy A, B and C), i have to have three different scans?

wow.

Would you buy a book that was sold with a stock photo so you cannot judge for yourself ahead of time its condition? I doubt it.

there were no stock photos, ya dunce.

it was clearly my own photo of the same book, just a different copy....

Take it to the other thread, Brainiac. Keep your "dunce" comment to yourself as I am not the one that got caught using a stock photo.

Plus if you believe that the water damaged boxes were pulled

:roflmao::roflmao:

1) If so, then why did buyers get water-damaged comics?

2) You are stating that Filter is a liar and CS is telling the truth. :screwy:

3) You don't take into consideration the Heroes Inc "filler" from the free case.

The main point here is that the longboxes were grossly misrepresented, and CS used Filter's name and rep as a basis to fraudulently sell these. These longboxes, by CS's own admission were NOT "unopened" and NOT "the same as Adam sent me" and NOT sold "for the same price I got them for".

The best one was that the longbox would include at least 300 1970's Marvel/DC books "of nearly every title from that era." :roflmao:

On another topic, can someone get banned for CONSTANT sales thread transgressions?

I refer to Trey Cannon, a doofus of epic proportions, whose threads continually break forum rules, including his latest one, which I just noticed was already deleted before I could even read it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3266246#Post3266246

On another topic, can someone get banned for CONSTANT sales thread transgressions?

I refer to Trey Cannon, a doofus of epic proportions, whose threads continually break forum rules, including his latest one, which I just noticed was already deleted before I could even read it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3266246#Post3266246

I wonder how old this guy is. You're correct JC, just every other thread is yanked or has something wrong. doh!

I wonder how old this guy is. You're correct JC, just every other thread is yanked because it or has something wrong. doh!

I've sent him a friendly PM or two to the ease up on trying to sell stuff and learn how this place works first; seems he's just not getting the hint. :makepoint:

Well boys, unless soemthing happens soon it appears another well respected board member may be making his way to the list. I have a few PM's going with others who purchased books and have nothing to show yet. It has been a few weeks already so tic-toc, tic-toc.

Well boys, unless soemthing happens soon it appears another well respected board member may be making his way to the list. I have a few PM's going with others who purchased books and have nothing to show yet. It has been a few weeks already so tic-toc, tic-toc.

oh come on, another one?

j

(tsk) No one respects Hooks.