• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Just got this in from the frame shop! Watchmen is carved out of the black matte to reveal the yellow matte underneath, and the smiley is an actual pin I had him inset.

Thanks for looking!

Ken

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=19201

Nice idea - but the kerning (or lack thereof) is killing me. (graphic designer by trade, can't help it.)

Edited by mrpunch0

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd give this thread a bump, and show everyone my new framed pieces. First is the last page of : Death: High Cost of Living series, and then my Kaare Andrews Wolverine. I am very happy the way they turned out. The musuem glass is amazing (On the Death page), even in person you cannot see it.

frames028.jpg

frames030.jpg

Just got this back from the frame shop, and I am very pleased.

My good friend Bruce Ingram did this work back in 1992, when he was 17. He dabbled in comics for a while doing a few independent comics, before starting full time as a book illustrater, he is now working as a Digital Artist and has high hopes in joining Pixar!

I liked the Mcfarlane Torment storyline and asked him to use some characters from it. Hence Calypso and The Lizard. I think he changed up Spider-man's uniform a bit as well ( he always said that he liked putting his own spin on things)

I did not take care of this piece like I should have and figured I would get it framed before it was too late.

GEDC0249-1.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd give this thread a bump, and show everyone my new framed pieces. First is the last page of : Death: High Cost of Living series, and then my Kaare Andrews Wolverine. I am very happy the way they turned out. The musuem glass is amazing (On the Death page), even in person you cannot see it.

frames028.jpg

frames030.jpg

Nice pieces Nick. (thumbs u

Cover to Gosh Wow! #3 by Berni Wrightson - Summer 1969. Sorry about the glare. 1fxt9w.jpg

That is the most gorgeous piece of art I've ever seen...and I've been to the Louvre. Major Kudos!! :applause::cloud9: