• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Clearly there needs to be a contract signed and agreed upon for a transaction like this. A copy of this contract should then be held by a third party.

Payment terms should be outlined, term and monthly payments explicitly shown.

Adam is providing the option of time payments at a cost to himself as he is paying interest on the book up until the time the transaction ends. He needs to be protected when the buyer does not go through with the deal. In my opinion, the contract should have at least forced the buyer to pay all interest that Adam paid should he not fulfill the transaction plus other agreed upon penalties (such as holding the other comic).

However, as much as I side with Adam, I don't think much can be done here with no such contract existing.

You could argue that larger dollar value deals require signed contracts on time payments but really, the terms of this board and marketplace is commit to the sale and honor the sale or risk getting banned from further transactions...simple as that!

One might argue that Adam was foolish by not getting a signed contract for a large dollar transaction, as he had costs in play etc. but that was his decision and didn't affect TFL's commitment (he might think differently in the future...).

I haven't read the whole thread yet so I'll refrain from assigning person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed status to anyone. If everything so far can be accepted as the truth in the matter, TFL was given an opportunity to back out of the sale and blew it...his "late" position to take umbrage and indignation for Adam to hold up the Avengers 4 is convenient at best, repugnant most would agree if it was their transaction... :sumo:

Anyone here have a $1,100 held over there held like a clever? Didn't think so..... Spare me the it wouldn't of happened to me.... Concerns he had. The holding of a book that was bought and paid for IN FULL? Not there's anymore. Just in there possession.?? I don't think so..

How long were you going to hold 25k over Filter's head? hm

I can't believe you seriously made that guy pay you 20 fuggin dollars the other day, and you did the same EXACT thing to Filter for 25 THOUSAND dollars. That's just unbelievable. :insane:

What's even more unbelievable is that you are trying to defend yourself. :screwy:

I have to mea culpa. I voted for TFL in the poll. I only glanced at it and thought it was asking if TFL should be on the probation list. So knock another +1 from off of the TFL side.

:tonofbricks:

Anyone here have a $1,100 held over there held like a clever? Didn't think so..... Spare me the it wouldn't of happened to me.... Concerns he had. The holding of a book that was bought and paid for IN FULL? Not there's anymore. Just in there possession.?? I don't think so..

Nope, that's never happened to me. But then, I've never jerked someone around for five months with promises to pay on a $25,000 book I committed to buying. Can't imagine how pizzed off the seller would be if they passed over another opportunity to sell while waiting for my deadbeat azz to send a single red cent.

Seriously dude, you got off easy. Thank your lucky stars, STFU, and just leave.

I can't believe you seriously made that guy pay you 20 fuggin dollars the other day, and you did the same EXACT thing to Filter for 25 THOUSAND dollars. That's just unbelievable. :insane:

What's even more unbelievable is that you are trying to defend yourself. :screwy:

Indeed. If the shoe was on the other foot, or the condom was on the other shaft, or the sprout was on the other brussel, and you had sold a $25000 book to Filter you would have been on this thread after a couple months complaining about a buyer who had failed to pay the agreed downpayment or any following payments and demanding to be compensated for your costs. Don't bother to return comicseekers' $20, you've already shown your position on costs and responsibilies and it's too late.

More that 5 months went by without any payment to Filter despite your word to send those payments. We don't care about the Avengers #1 hostagegate. You should have been on the probation list long before you paid for that book.

Indeed. If the shoe was on the other foot, or the condom was on the other shaft, or the sprout was on the other brussel, and you had sold a $25000 book to Filter you would have been on this thread after a couple months complaining about a buyer who had failed to pay the agreed downpayment or any following payments and demanding to be compensated for your costs. Don't bother to return comicseekers' $20, you've already shown your position on costs and responsibilies and it's too late.

More that 5 months went by without any payment to Filter despite your word to send those payments. We don't care about the Avengers #1 hostagegate. You should have been on the probation list long before you paid for that book.

:applause:(worship)

(thumbs u - this guy is worse than Cap Freak :o

5th Hall of Shame member... hm

but but but Filter promised to Fly TFL and pay for a hotel room but didn't!!!!!

Don't forget appetizers and a balloon animal. :insane:

I am still waiting for this PM Adam. You know the one where you offer to fly me to Rochester and put me up in a nice hotel room. You said you did send that PM. You said this in a response to a Divad post. I can quote it if you like..... But we both know it doesn't exist. So who was right and who was wrong Adam?

A road trip to Rochester does not mean flying there the last time I checked. No mention of you putting me up in a nice hotel. Just getting a nice hotel room. I don't see any "I'll pay for this, that... I will check back every now and then for this PM... I mean if you made up this stuff. I suppsose you could make up other C rap as well.

I am very comfortable with what I did. None of you know the law to well I guess. You can't keep something that is not yours. No matter what you would like to do. It is illegal plain and simple. I got the book all right. After I filed "a bad business decision" Pay Pal Dispute.

Have fun with the train ride folks. I hope he poll goes to 119 for 0 against.. Like I give a rats azz...

Please get out your Webster's and look up the word obfuscation... doh!

AlleyBat seems kinda lonely on his list ...

I am still waiting for this PM Adam. You know the one where you offer to fly me to Rochester and put me up in a nice hotel room. You said you did send that PM. You said this in a response to a Divad post. I can quote it if you like..... But we both know it doesn't exist. So who was right and who was wrong Adam?

A road trip to Rochester does not mean flying there the last time I checked. No mention of you putting me up in a nice hotel. Just getting a nice hotel room. I don't see any "I'll pay for this, that... I will check back every now and then for this PM... I mean if you made up this stuff. I suppsose you could make up other C rap as well.

I am very comfortable with what I did. None of you know the law to well I guess. You can't keep something that is not yours. No matter what you would like to do. It is illegal plain and simple. I got the book all right. After I filed "a bad business decision" Pay Pal Dispute.

Have fun with the train ride folks. I hope he poll goes to 119 for 0 against.. Like I give a rats azz...

Please get out your Webster's and look up the word obfuscation... doh!

:roflmao:

Don't forget appetizers and a balloon animal. :insane:

So wait a minute. I didn't catch that there was a deal with hotel rooms, small barn animals, midgets, and a hamster named Lester.

Sure you want to ban TFL? He may come back with some interesting stories.

(shrug)

AlleyBat seems kinda lonely on his list ...

lol

I was so pizzed upon reading the Batman 1 thread I put him on the list and gave him his own spot.

I'm still upset that it was the first eBay type scam pulled here.

AF 15; Action 1; Batman 1 ... :frustrated:

Only pre-meditated total rip-off scam artists should go with him.

Not just your run of the mill dead-beats.

There will be another Alleybat trying to sell some 4-5 figure key again, unforunately, and he won't be alone forever. :eek:

btw- I'm all in favor of putting him on the regular list, maybe hall of shame too for going after the other guy for $20.

Bad form.

btw- I'm all in favor of putting him on the regular list, maybe hall of shame too for going after the other guy for $20.

Bad form.

But there are ballons in the shape of sea horses involved in the final hotel meeting. And a donkey named Clyde.

It's gotta make up for something.