• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If senior boardies are going to back him against the majority wouldn't that amount to putting your name to stealing from people?

Now I'm not holding a grudge, but more wanting Connor to learn a lesson from this early in life. Otherwise, he is going to think this is okay behavior and do it on-going.

But if folks try and jump in to defend him after THREE STRIKES, I think they are hurting their own reputation at the expense of a lost cause.

I'm all about being good to kids and helping mentor them. This is NOT a kid. This is a teenager who is at a stage he needs to learn proper conduct.

rantrant

Seems like the angry lynch mob is getting a bit ahead of themselves (ourselves) - I sincerely doubt that anybody is going to defend CAP freak's actions here (thumbs u

Oh, I hope it doesn't come across as anger Michael. I don't mean it that way.

Just wanted to make it clear if someone is assuming this is picking on someone because of their age, it isn't. It's purely action-based - or the lack of action on the part of a seller.

Sorry if it sounded overly harsh.

Seems like the angry lynch mob is getting a bit ahead of themselves (ourselves) - I sincerely doubt that anybody is going to defend CAP freak's actions here (thumbs u

I agree, and there comes a point when even the senile old GA fogies have to wake up and smell the Cap Freak coffee.

I agree, and there comes a point when even the senile old GA fogies have to wake up and smell the Cap Freak coffee.

I had as much respect for Conner as much as anyone here. He seemed very mature for his age. After reading the last 20 pages of this thread, I am sad to say that I have lost all respect for him. :(

None of us have the power to ban capfreak from posting on this board. We're the inmates rather than the guards. I don't have a problem with putting him in the hall of shame and keeping him there but if we do he will have no reason to address the issues and return money or ship books.

Well, if everyone files paypal disputes against him, isn't that reason enough to address the issue? (shrug)

Seriously, while I am annoyed at the lack of communication, I have some faith that he will pull through with the other buyers. Having said that, I still think he should not be removed from this list for the sole reason for his unwilliness to come forth and explain himself.

None of us have the power to ban capfreak from posting on this board. We're the inmates rather than the guards. I don't have a problem with putting him in the hall of shame and keeping him there but if we do he will have no reason to address the issues and return money or ship books.

Well, if everyone files paypal disputes against him, isn't that reason enough to address the issue? (shrug)

Seriously, while I am annoyed at the lack of communication, I have some faith that he will pull through with the other buyers. Having said that, I still think he should not be removed from this list for the sole reason for his unwilliness to come forth and explain himself.

I just had to escalate my PayPal claim as he never even bothered to respond. So no, he is not coming through and doing the right thing.

Very disappointed!

i just wanted to know where everybody else stood is all. i was hoping that i was the one on the hook for the most

So let me get this straight, kiddy-scammer Cap Freak has not come through on a $200+ deal with you, yet he pops into YOUR thread and tries to buy one of your books?

Does this seem insane to anyone else?

:screwy: exactly how old are we talking here? teenager? younger?

Personally, I've avoided his threads ever since that incident with Muscleshark. Sounded like a real to me, the way he responded to a customer after he sent them the wrong book. I never understood why some were backing him on that.

That takes some serious Ballz to try and purchase something from someone you are actively ripping off. :censored: After being on the probation list now 3 times AND now an official member of the Hall of shame(only 4th ever) - shouldn't this dude be banned from posting period? I've seen members banned for much less than scamming cash out of fellow boardies wallets...

I was not going to reply to this thread but these posts here are ridiculous.

A) You can't "rip someone off if they don't pay for the book yet.

B) Try to ban me from posting. Try.

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time: :sumo:

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

CAP freak

(added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

Comicseekers

(added 5/10/09)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

Markweb

(added 3/24/09)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL

(added 10/12/08)

Roxx Gang

(added 3/31/09)

rza808

(added 12/29/08)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

Wolfhulk

(added 3/24/09)(You can't hide by changin' your user name!)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

This really isn't your call.

i just wanted to know where everybody else stood is all. i was hoping that i was the one on the hook for the most

So let me get this straight, kiddy-scammer Cap Freak has not come through on a $200+ deal with you, yet he pops into YOUR thread and tries to buy one of your books?

Does this seem insane to anyone else?

:screwy: exactly how old are we talking here? teenager? younger?

Personally, I've avoided his threads ever since that incident with Muscleshark. Sounded like a real to me, the way he responded to a customer after he sent them the wrong book. I never understood why some were backing him on that.

That takes some serious Ballz to try and purchase something from someone you are actively ripping off. :censored: After being on the probation list now 3 times AND now an official member of the Hall of shame(only 4th ever) - shouldn't this dude be banned from posting period? I've seen members banned for much less than scamming cash out of fellow boardies wallets...

This is all you have to say Conner? doh! Very disappointed!

That is not the right stance to take.

I've always understood the probation list to be based strictly on the criteria that if you don't pay for an item or you don't follow through with a transaction (meaning selling as well) after 30 days without good cause, you are added to the list.

Likewise, if multiple members have a problem or there is a particularly egregious incident you are added to the Hall of Shame. I don't think there's a criteria beyond that.

The only mechanism for enforcement has nothing to do with preventing someone from posting (only the mods can ban or suspend), but by the marketplace self policing and refusing to sell or buy from this member. The only resolution is to alert people when he buys something and don't buy anything from him.

What do you intend to do about your obligations to board members?
Fulfill them with great haste unless they'd like their money back which a few buyers have made it clear.
Do you have an escuse as to why this happened?

Fulfill them with great haste unless they'd like their money back which a few buyers have made it clear.
Yes. Personal matters that I don't really want public,

Do you have the money to pay board members back?

Do you have the money to pay board members back?
Yes.