Page 313 of 1503 « First<311312313314315>Last »
Topic Options
#3183115 - 05/22/09 01:08 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: The Resurrection]
Bosco685 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: USA
 Originally Posted By: The Resurrection
 Originally Posted By: Bosco685
 Originally Posted By: The Resurrection
Im hoping my peddling of junk is why you do not frequent my threads and not my grading.

\^\^
You dont because your a deek

I'm hoping this is based on Item 3 and not calling me a short version of Derrik.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Deek

By the way, I love you too.

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#3183155 - 05/22/09 01:24 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: Foolkiller]
awe4one Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Anytime/Anywhere
Take this for what it's worth...and I'm not talking about the overgraders here...

But I'm starting to see a move towards much harsher expectations on raw grading than we're seeing in CGC slabs. I've bought a fair number of CGC slabs recently and am seeing defects that if they were shown here raw and listed in the same grade, people would think it was overgraded. Not saying it is...just think that the criteria for buying raw is becoming stricter than what CGC would grade it at.

I don't believe CGC is the grading authority by a long shot...but I do think the grading expectations on raw are becoming a tad too extreme.

Jim

www.awe4one.com

"I think I can list 10 people that could leave the boards to make them a peaceful place and you are on that list." - GCCBCO

#3183158 - 05/22/09 01:26 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: awe4one]
Bosco685 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: awe4one
Take this for what it's worth...and I'm not talking about the overgraders here...

But I'm starting to see a move towards much harsher expectations on raw grading than we're seeing in CGC slabs. I've bought a fair number of CGC slabs recently and am seeing defects that if they were shown here raw and listed in the same grade, people would think it was overgraded. Not saying it is...just think that the criteria for buying raw is becoming stricter than what CGC would grade it at.

I don't believe CGC is the grading authority by a long shot...but I do think the grading expectations on raw are becoming a tad too extreme.

Jim

I've thought the same exact thing lately as I've seen CGC 9.4's that when I received raws in that condition, I would have never thought NM. Started making me question maybe grading too strict.

#3183350 - 05/22/09 03:06 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: awe4one]
skinny_white_boy Offline

If I ever have some startling revelations, I promise to share.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

Jim

+1

Basically, people are expecting raw NM to look like a 9.8.

#3183477 - 05/22/09 04:03 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: skinny_white_boy]
The Resurrection Offline

I got one free ban card from Arch and I'm gonna use it on... wait... wait... where did I put it?!

GGGAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Dirty Jersey
 Originally Posted By: skinny_white_boy

Jim

+1

\(thumbs u

Co-Owner of Jerseys Finest Comics. Please check us out on Ebay!

#3183511 - 05/22/09 04:22 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: skinny_white_boy]
october Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicagoan Abroad

Jim

+1

+2

You said it.

#3183520 - 05/22/09 04:28 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: october]
Bosco685 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: october

Jim

+1

+2

You said it.

What about sellers that call everything "NM+" and then what you get is a Very Fine copy because they don't know how to grade?

I hear ya about the super-picky collectors that expect VF/NM listed books to be spotless NM+ beauties. But these sellers cause the bulk of the pain in distributing garbage as top-notch material. Then prospective buyers have to question everything.

#3183525 - 05/22/09 04:33 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: Bosco685]
skinny_white_boy Offline

If I ever have some startling revelations, I promise to share.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
 Originally Posted By: october

Jim

+1

+2

You said it.

What about sellers that call everything "NM+" and then what you get is a Very Fine copy because they don't know how to grade?

I hear ya about the super-picky collectors that expect VF/NM listed books to be spotless NM+ beauties, but these sellers cause the bulk of the pain in distributing garbage as top-notch material. Then prospective buyers have to question everything.

Did you read Jim's first sentence? We weren't talking about overgraders, but rather buyers who's expectations are too high.

#3183541 - 05/22/09 04:39 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: skinny_white_boy]
Bosco685 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Did you read Jim's first sentence? We weren't talking about overgraders, but rather buyers who's expectations are too high.

I did Josh.

But what CGC has done is provided a standard you can compare to when you have a few books in the same condition since they will not publish what their guidelines are.

Otherwise, in the past you would get the response "I thought it was a NM from my experience."

Not saying that is a perfect approach, but it gives you something to point to that even Overstreet and others couldn't. I don't think the standard has gotten tougher - there's just something now to sit books next to side-by-side.

You're still going to have those prig buyers that demand every book be mint-perfect or they send it back to you. That is not a great experience for anyone, and unfair.

#3183548 - 05/22/09 04:41 PM Re: Question about Trading on the Boards [Re: Bosco685]
Mr.Diggler Offline

I am too much a gentleman to have a "handle".

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: OH-IO!!!!
 Originally Posted By: THE_BEYONDER
That's what I don't understand. If someone posts a book as 'NM'...and it's clearly NNM (Not NM)...why is it bad form to comment? It's bad form to overgrade your books.

I have absolutely no problem with someone commenting on my grading. \(shrug\)

But I think where the discussion took this was a good one - if you see some drastic overgrading going on, it should be okay to send a PM and discuss it offline.

It would be like folks that seriously overprice their books here, then take them to eBay and get much less. Getting into it with them in the sales thread wouldn't be a good thing, but a PM eases the tension that could occur.

I agree with you Bosco. I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone in their own thread. I think a PM is the best way to go. I personally would have zero problem with someone sending a pm to question a grade on a book. People miss defects from time to time. What is a seriously over priced book. Guide? 3/4 Guide? 1/2 Guide? From time to time I think we've all seen some raw books for sale that that are priced retardedly(is that a word?) high. I'm in a mood right now. rantrant

'Iĺd rather eat and have boobs, a bum and a bit of overhang than be really skinny and have sad, saggy boobs and a flat bum.' -Kelly Brook

Page 313 of 1503 « First<311312313314315>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1807 Draped busts :-) CAC
by x2rider
10:41 PM
2013 5 oz America The Beautiful set (Mint version, 5 coins)
by stldanceartist
10:27 PM
New coins added to my website! 1909 VDB Cents; Chop Mark T$1; Dan Carr Medals ++
by illini420
05:37 PM
GreatCollections - Today - CAC High Relief, Baseball Coins, 1865 $5 and More
by ianrussell
09:21 AM
Comics Marketplace
Fundraiser Auctions - Originals by Silvestri, Ramos, Portacio & More!
by Larime Taylor
01:06 AM
Two Books 1 Captain America Sketch & Siege #1 1:200 Quesada Variant 3x SS
by Trey Cannon
11:37 PM
Looney Tunes Merrie Melodies 1 (1941)
by RobbieC
11:32 PM
DC Comics Presents #26 and Superior #1 1st Print / World Record Special Sets
by Mangbus
11:26 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.14 seconds in which 0.11 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing 125x125 ComicLink Internet Comic Book Exchange