• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

OK, now that I've figured out (more or less) how to post pictures to the boards, I thought it would be nice to have an Archie cover forum listing. I will start it off with two Archie firsts: Pep 36 (the first Archie cover) and Archie #1. Most of my favorite Archie covers are from the Silver Age however, so there will be some of those showing up too. I would really be interested in seeing what other collectors feel are their favorite covers so please post some pictures for us all to admire. Thanks!

Steve. 368332-pep36a.jpg368332-pep36a.jpg

368332-pep36a.jpg.148bc4ad0313c778e1df32ca4a98a201.jpg

Edited by 143ksk

142ksk

Those are awesome books! Just awesome.

I've got some early Pep's including a 22, but I don't keep them at my place. I've been looking for an Archie 1, and Pep 36... those two copies you've got are SWEET! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Not a favourite cover, but I like Jughead and I had this scan readily available.

Pretty much anything to do with Jughead on the cover is bound to be funny! 27_laughing.gif

Jughead27.jpg

Don't have a scan of one, but I've always considered Archie's Pals 'n Gals #1 to be one of the classic Archie covers of all time. Beautiful cover showing the love triangle between Archie, Veronica, and Betty in solid bold red and blue colours.

Also consider this to be one of the more undervalued Archies since it is an #1 issue from the early 50's which is extremely tough to find in grade. Squarebound 120 page book which is still valued at only $850 in the OS guide.

Anybody have a copy which they can scan in for me.

Boy, the Square Cats on dial-up better get with it..... Because I'm gonna have some 100k plus images coming...

Here is a sampling of my Raw collection, most of these are headed to CGC 4 at a time...... I can't say I really have a favorite color, I dig em all!!! Archie & the Gang are Hepcats and Lucille sez Be Bop A Lula!!!!

first up is a way Crazy Alien cover, very popular as the Alien craze started in the 50s! CGC, I'm looking for a high grade on this one.

ar1.jpg

Notice the beauty of this Silver Age Classic. I have multiple issues of many of the books I am showing.... This one is a knock out Daddy-o!!! Another that CGC will look very kindly on!

ar6.jpg

Heres one that won't grade very high, however, I'll send it in anyways. This is a killer classic late 50s Soda Shop Look and this #2 with go nicely with my already CGC graded Life With Archie #1.....

ar15.jpg