• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Comix vs. Greg Jortner - Important Information For The Community

324 posts in this topic

:bump:

Mr. Jortner continues to defraud comic book collectors and dealers alike. Additional people have retained me to pursue him. I have been in contact with him on a fairly regular basis, and for a while he seemed to actually be trying to cooperate and resolve disputes amicably.

Alas, his penchant for broken promises ultimately emerged once again. He simply cannot be trusted. As a result, he will soon find himself facing litigation.

Additionally, AVOID AT ALL COSTS Alfredo ("Al") Vasquez of Brooklyn, NY. He was working with Jortner for a short period of time and I have been retained to file a lawsuit against him as well by two dealers. :gossip:

Oy. What is it with New Yorkers.... doh!

Anyway... Good luck, Mark. (thumbs u

Mr. Jortner continues to defraud comic book collectors and dealers alike. Additional people have retained me to pursue him. I have been in contact with him on a fairly regular basis, and for a while he seemed to actually be trying to cooperate and resolve disputes amicably.

Alas, his penchant for broken promises ultimately emerged once again. He simply cannot be trusted. As a result, he will soon find himself facing litigation.

Additionally, AVOID AT ALL COSTS Alfredo ("Al") Vasquez of Brooklyn, NY. He was working with Jortner for a short period of time and I have been retained to file a lawsuit against him as well by two dealers. :gossip:

Was there anyone from Queens involved? lol

Was there anyone from Queens involved? lol

Somehow there is always a Queens relationship somewhere! :gossip::roflmao:

Of course, I say that as someone who worked in Queens in the 1980s when my father had a car dealership there. (thumbs u

Hmm yeah Jortner wrote to me a couple of months ago asking for my phone number after I spoke out against him and Silver Age Comics publicly on these boards. He said he was putting a plan together to get people paid back. So I sent it to him and-surprise-never heard from him since. :roflmao:

woops :bump:

Hmm yeah Jortner wrote to me a couple of months ago asking for my phone number after I spoke out against him and Silver Age Comics publicly on these boards. He said he was putting a plan together to get people paid back. So I sent it to him and-surprise-never heard from him since. :roflmao:

woops :bump:

As the blue meanie said it, " You Fool ! " he meant "payback" in another way. He's connected to the ComicMafia.

Catch you in the Hudson.

Given that Mr. Jortner continues to fail to abide by repeated promises to several of my clients, I want to remind everyone of his conduct so that you may take this information into consideration prior to engaging in any business dealings with him.

Yet another new victim of Jortner has contacted me. Apparently Jortner is pursuing the development of contacts in the comic community through Craig's List.

I strongly advise anyone contemplating doing business with him, whether buying or selling, first think twice about doing so.

If you believe you have been victimized by Jortner, please feel free to contact me at EsquireComics@aol.com or Mark@MarkZaid.com.

Please excuse the cross-post but I want to ensure any thread discussing Jortner is kept up to date.

Why does Brian employ the guy (shrug)

No kidding. An employer not doing a Google search on a potential hire is not terribly competent. Even more so with someone who is making deals, handling money, etc. That's been a common procedure for at least a decade. Greg Jortner's entire debacle on this board is the third link down in the results. :facepalm: