• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mouse Guard Appreciation Thread

165 posts in this topic

I dont think Mouse Guard gets enough love on this forum. So lets start an appreciation thread. Post your mouse guard books or whatever is here and lets start showing the love!

020806_mouseguard02.jpg

Has this series cooled off or are we just looking at a lull in its popularity?

There was a very long gap between Winter #3 and #4, much speculation as to the reason. ASP was going through a lot of internal issues, with a splitting of the original founders, the past year.

This book is a fabulous, one of a handful of recently released, truly successful genre-busting works (read: non-supes). Multiple Eisner wins, wholly justified.

Further, David Petersen is one of the greatest inkers working today. The architecture and design, various textures and techniques: Petersen has brought inking back from the modern, sharp, photo-realism tech-pen inking style that has dominated the corporate comics world of superheroes.

The problem with the book is that Dave does everything, from writing to pencils to ink. So, it's a very labor-intensive process. When I spoke to him at Wondercon, he promised that Winter #6 would ship before July, and he'll have another sketchbook at Comic-Con.

I really like the series but as mentioned earlier, its easier to appreciate something if it actually came out. Is there really enough Mouse Guard stuff out there to have an actually "Mouse Guard Appreciation Thread"? A handful of issues and a few sketches should make this a cool 1-2 page thread.

I really like the series but as mentioned earlier, its easier to appreciate something if it actually came out. Is there really enough Mouse Guard stuff out there to have an actually "Mouse Guard Appreciation Thread"? A handful of issues and a few sketches should make this a cool 1-2 page thread.

Hey, there's a hardback with other individual issues out this year, thats good enough for me.

Maybe neither deserves a thread, but oh well as long as it don't get a sticky. I was just pointing out that there really isn't very much material out there to variant an appreciation thread.

I have never read the RASL series but I have the HC for the first Mouse Guard. I loved it and look forward to the second book (if it ever gets made). I will have to reread the first one to remember the characters and what was happening.

Did anyone pick up the black and white deluxe hardcover version of Fall? It looks pretty cool, but I agree with others that I wish there was more Mouse Guard. I'll probably re-read Fall and Winter when #6 finally comes out.

Did anyone pick up the black and white deluxe hardcover version of Fall? It looks pretty cool, but I agree with others that I wish there was more Mouse Guard. I'll probably re-read Fall and Winter when #6 finally comes out.

Yep - it's fantastic. Absolutely gorgeous quality, and the artwork is presented in the original (larger) size. Well worth the $60 it's selling for on ebay.