• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

Well, I guess I have finally reached a point where I know it is never going to happen.

I met Bill at Wizard World Texas in November, 2007. I have always admired his work and he has been one of my favorite "modern" artists. I paid him for a sketch and requested that he do whatever he liked. I wasn't picky, I just wanted something by him that was nice. I gave him my contact information and phone number and he gave me his email address and the address of his assistant Eric Knight.

Time goes by, I have a few emails with Eric and one with Bill. They both say that the sketch is coming. A year passes...still no sketch. I write to them again. No response. I write a few more times....no response.

I decided to try Bill one last time this morning to let him know how let down and disappointed I was. The email bounced back as his address is no longer valid.

If anyone sees Bill at a show, tell him Scott in Texas really appreciates getting screwed over and for losing his money that he paid him in good faith.

Thanks for reading my rant.

By the way, Stronguy told me that this would occur. Live and learn.

If it's any consolation Scott...the Heels are bringing home a National Championship in a few days and that'll make all the pain go away :cloud9:

Jim

:wishluck:

If I still lived in NC I would be at the Dean Dome tomorrow night watching it on the big screen. I get really homesick this time of year.

Thanks for the redirect. lol

If it's any consolation Scott...the Heels are bringing home a National Championship in a few days and that'll make all the pain go away :cloud9:

Jim

If I still lived in NC I would be at the Dean Dome tomorrow night watching it on the big screen. I get really homesick this time of year.

:sumo:

Sorry to hear this. I hope someone tracks him down and makes things right.

Who knows. I even got in contact with the guy who represents his work from the on-line gallery. No dice. Sometimes you just have to say "**** it"

Jim

:sumo:

Why the sumo Greg.....I thought you loved the Heels.

Have you tried contacting him through his WEBSITE? He advertises on CAF, so I suspect that contact should be valid.

And if it's any consolation, I just resent reference pics to Fabry this morning for a commission he agreed to and I aid for in 2003. I don't know whether to be :grin: or :( about that .

Headed to Detroit in a couple of hours to enjoy this weekends festiviites and witness history firsthand.

UNC.jpg

And no I haven't shaved since Selection Sunday, and don't intend to until Tuesday morning :cloud9:

Jim

How about getting your wife to wash that toque? Good thing you are not trying out for the Legion of Hygenic Heroes. :eek:

Headed to Detroit in a couple of hours to enjoy this weekends festiviites and witness history firsthand.

UNC.jpg

And no I haven't shaved since Selection Sunday, and don't intend to until Tuesday morning :cloud9:

Jim

If you go looking like that you'll never get past security

Well, I guess I have finally reached a point where I know it is never going to happen.

I met Bill at Wizard World Texas in November, 2007. I have always admired his work and he has been one of my favorite "modern" artists. I paid him for a sketch and requested that he do whatever he liked. I wasn't picky, I just wanted something by him that was nice. I gave him my contact information and phone number and he gave me his email address and the address of his assistant Eric Knight.

Time goes by, I have a few emails with Eric and one with Bill. They both say that the sketch is coming. A year passes...still no sketch. I write to them again. No response. I write a few more times....no response.

I decided to try Bill one last time this morning to let him know how let down and disappointed I was. The email bounced back as his address is no longer valid.

If anyone sees Bill at a show, tell him Scott in Texas really appreciates getting screwed over and for losing his money that he paid him in good faith.

I think he is in Toronto on Two week for a Con

I think he is in Toronto on Two week for a Con

I forgot about that, Guest of Honour I believe, I`ll make sure I mention it to him, anything for a fellow `Heel :foryou:

Jim

If you haven't already, post this in the OA section. There may be others in the same situation and you can get together and put pressure on him like they did with Michael Golden. Word spread quickly amongst various boards & forums about him (Golden) taking money and never delivering, and eventually word got to his rep and things were worked out. I hope there's a good ending in this for you, Scott

sorry to hear that, i just don't get some of these artists, banging out a sketch is like free frigging money, why is it such a hassle for them? it's something most of the rest of us think is fun to do!

well, if this post gets big enough maybe John Byrne will send you a free sketch?

or does he only do that if you paid someone else $500 and he thinks the commission piece provided is doo doo and not worthy of $500?