Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3058815 - 03/30/09 07:41 PM Re: Steve Geppi's Gemstone Publishing to close [Re: Subliminal]
lookwhoitis Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Downtown O-town
 Originally Posted By: Subliminal
I would sure like to see cpg merge with osg so we get better guide values at an expanded number of grade points. They could publish yearly and update frequently online while keeping track of your collection at overstreet pricing.

TomG: make this happen!!

"boy, this fool got more comics than a muthafugga." (Boyz in the Hood)

"I've spent my entire life doing nothing but collecting comic books... and now there's only time to say... LIFE WELL SPENT!" (The Simpsons Movie)

GRAILS: Weird Tales 12/32, X-men 1
WTB: REH Weird Tales& Conan Pedigree Slabs
WTB: Inc. Hulk (v2) 122 149 181
WTB: Uncanny X men 101 109

My OA collection

#3058838 - 03/30/09 07:48 PM Re: Steve Geppi's Gemstone Publishing to close [Re: comics-n-stuff]
JCVaughn Offline
Just got here

There's one major problem with this story: Gemstone isn't closing. We've had some changes, and like a lot of companies some of these changes have been painful.

I can't comment on the other material in the article at this point, but I am certain that both the EC line and the Disney line will continue in one form or another.

We actually hope to have some very positive news about the Guide soon, and we'll be glad to share it at that time.

J.C. Vaughn
Executive Editor/Associate Publisher
Gemstone Publishing

#3058855 - 03/30/09 07:53 PM Re: Steve Geppi's Gemstone Publishing to close [Re: JCVaughn]
Scrooge Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Midwest
Thanks for the info J.C.

Yes, please keep us informed about future developments. I too have supported the recent EC reprint efforts from you guys and will continue to pre-order any books you solicit.

Are the issues with the printers that surfaced publicly several weeks ago resolved?

Michael

#3058926 - 03/30/09 08:10 PM Re: Steve Geppi's Gemstone Publishing to close [Re: Scrooge]
Jamie Coville Offline
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
I would be surprised if DC didn't offer to add the EC reprints to their line of Archives.

Depending on how flexible Disney is a good number of publishers would be interested in reprinting their comics.
TheComicBooks.com

#3058944 - 03/30/09 08:19 PM Re: Steve Geppi's Gemstone Publishing to close [Re: JCVaughn]
slym2none Offline

Meme mummer

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: dislocated
 Originally Posted By: JCVaughn
There's one major problem with this story: Gemstone isn't closing. We've had some changes, and like a lot of companies some of these changes have been painful.

I can't comment on the other material in the article at this point, but I am certain that both the EC line and the Disney line will continue in one form or another.

We actually hope to have some very positive news about the Guide soon, and we'll be glad to share it at that time.

J.C. Vaughn
Gemstone Publishing

I'll say it first - WTTB!!!

-slym

#3058950 - 03/30/09 08:22 PM Re: Steve Geppi's Gemstone Publishing to close [Re: comics-n-stuff]
joe_collector Offline

Ok ok. JC Superstar. But only because he martyred his ID.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Titan
I was going to mention some of this a few days ago (after reading that EBay thread about missing Gemstone books), but I hoped what I heard from a contact was just a rumor and would prove to be false.

Bad news all around and the depression continues.

#3058962 - 03/30/09 08:26 PM Re: Steve Geppi's Gemstone Publishing to close [Re: JCVaughn]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: I'm busy interneting.

J.C. Vaughn
Gemstone Publishing

Yup. Welcome. We'd love to have you post here a bit whenever you can as lots of people have questions about the direction of the Overstreet Price Guide.

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#3059113 - 03/30/09 09:17 PM Re: Steve Geppi's Gemstone Publishing to close [Re: JCVaughn]
MR.COMICBOOK Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: boston.ma

J.C. Vaughn
Gemstone Publishing

Thanks for posting, can you give anyword on The Carl Barks Collection Set 1? it was suppose to be part 1 of a 10 volume set at each over 1000 pages of Barks in chronical order.It was due last Christmas season according to Amazon. any info appreciated.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln, (attributed) 16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1922 $20 Gold Certificate A Beauty
by BRIAN339
Yesterday at 03:38 PM
by agentjim007
11/27/14 01:51 PM
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
11/26/14 10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Comics Marketplace
COVERLESS AND REMAINDER COPIES PLUS MISCELLANEOUS READERS
by rufus t. firefly
Today at 03:07 AM
My Extra Batman New52 Slabs and a few sketches
by bcphillips119
Today at 01:21 AM
70s Marvel Trades -- Fireside and Ideals
by RCheli
Today at 12:22 AM
2 New EBAY Sketch Cover Listings!
by ScottPVaughn
Today at 12:10 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles