Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#2973218 - 02/27/09 07:29 AM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: Smilie Puss]
RareSov Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Can someone fix the pictures on this ? I really wanna see this coin \:\)

#2973220 - 02/27/09 07:31 AM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: Smilie Puss]
RareSov Offline

PS great posts supertooth, it is important the result of grading is the TRUTH not anything else \:\)

#5700037 - 05/21/12 06:11 AM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: jesbroken]
nemo656 Offline
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Loc: Planet Earth
I wonder if any of the grading services (including NGC) ever considered something like an an OPINION fee. Add a check box on the submission form that states for $10 you can get a detailed explanation of why the coin got a details grade or could not be graded at all. Just think of all the extra money they could rake in along with all the other fees they get these days. It would take a grader less than 10 mins to input an opinion into the computer and then it gets printed along with your receipt and mailed back to you.

MAN that would save so much speculation on OUR part as to why these things happen.

As always the above is just MY OPINION....

Have a great day
Jim

#5702172 - 05/21/12 09:30 PM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: nemo656]
coinman_23885 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: nemo656
I wonder if any of the grading services (including NGC) ever considered something like an an OPINION fee. Add a check box on the submission form that states for $10 you can get a detailed explanation of why the coin got a details grade or could not be graded at all. Just think of all the extra money they could rake in along with all the other fees they get these days. It would take a grader less than 10 mins to input an opinion into the computer and then it gets printed along with your receipt and mailed back to you.

MAN that would save so much speculation on OUR part as to why these things happen.

Have a great day
Jim

What financial incentive is there for NGC to do this, when many people fail to see the problem. As a result, they submit the coin multiple times, allowing NGC to acquire the same fee multiple times. This sounds wonderful for NGC to me.
Areas of Interest: Southern gold; early copper; high end U.S. type coinage; PL/DMPL/DPL coinage; toners; 1936-1942 cameo proofs; matte proof Lincoln Cents and Buffalo Nickels; and Capped Bust Half Dollars.

#5720503 - 05/27/12 08:23 PM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: coinman_23885]
adrian Offline
Just got here

I think its a good idea I just had a Trajan Sestertius I paid $35 to get graded and they came back with tooled.I have no idea where the tooled areas are as its a nice coin and was suprised to see that happen.I looked at it again todat trying to figure out where the problem is and I did not see it.I would pay $10 for an explanation or the fact that they looked at it and did nothing and still charged me $35 is a bit of a rip off as the time it would have taken them to put into a holder etc they could have given a detailed explanation as to why and where the problem is.
#5747426 - 06/06/12 12:10 PM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: adrian]
Conder101 Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: East central Indiana
 Quote:
It would take a grader less than 10 mins to input an opinion into the computer and then it gets printed along with your receipt and mailed back to you

And during those 10 minutes that is 20 coins (or more) he didn't grade. 20 coins at $17 a coin is $340 income loss for your $10 explanation. Now if you would like to pay them say $400 for an explanation I'm sure they would probably be willing to give you that ten minutes.

#5783710 - 06/19/12 05:11 PM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: Conder101]
L1ncolnF4n Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
 Originally Posted By: Conder101
 Quote:
It would take a grader less than 10 mins to input an opinion into the computer and then it gets printed along with your receipt and mailed back to you

And during those 10 minutes that is 20 coins (or more) he didn't grade. 20 coins at $17 a coin is $340 income loss for your $10 explanation. Now if you would like to pay them say $400 for an explanation I'm sure they would probably be willing to give you that ten minutes.

You really don't want to know how little time it takes them to grade your coins. Pretend it's 1 minute. So if you want something like this, charge a flat $15 per coin, only if it doesn't come back graded. You'll get a very sparse response of one or more problems or problem areas, and will have bought about another 10 seconds of viewing time, and 10 seconds to enter into their computer. Not worthwhile to them. Now if this fee is paid in advanced and non-refundable it sounds great to them, as on some % of their submissions they're just making an extra $15/coin.

Looking into the coin is more important than looking at the coin -D.S.

#6427127 - 02/21/13 05:48 PM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: L1ncolnF4n]
Nutmeg Coin Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

I had same thing happen to a 1919 Buffalo nickel that I thought would grade no problem in the MS grades; you guess it, the mysterious "wheel mark" notation. Same thing at PCGS.

Some day we will be able to buy an optical scanning tool that you will be able to aim at a coin and it will link up with an exhaustive database on the internet and then show on the image window approximate grade and any problems like this. It would save us all a lot of problems.

#6468771 - 03/05/13 02:43 PM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: coinman_23885]
johnny9434 Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Originally Posted By: coinman_23885
 Originally Posted By: nemo656

Have a great day
Jim

What financial incentive is there for NGC to do this, when many people fail to see the problem. As a result, they submit the coin multiple times, allowing NGC to acquire the same fee multiple times. This sounds wonderful for NGC to me.
it is what it is ( this time for ngc )

#6784335 - 06/16/13 10:44 AM Re: WYNTK---NGC Rejected for Wheel Mark [Re: jesbroken]
slingshot Offline
Hobbyist

While I find this post informative the photos are no longer available for the coin which is spoken of. Probably old post but, still of value. Hence, I feel I am missing a lot without not being able to view the coin of topic. Therefore, I would recomment that the post be removed.

slingshot

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  ngcmod, CCGmod0, PaulS., Barbara T, Keith Zaner, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTB: Clad Full Proof sets (01, 01, 03, 07, 09)
by StrikeOutXXX
Choice Uncirculated 1917 & 1915 Italian Liras
by fred13
08:51 PM
FSH- 1950-D Jefferson Nickel NGC MS66 5FS, 1950-D Roosevelt MS67FT- Plus More!!
by Deerefan8420
07:40 PM
GreatCollections - CAC Highlights - Specialized Nickel Collection and More
by ianrussell
04:36 PM
Comics Marketplace
A few books you don't want to miss!!
by Mxwll Smrt
03:06 PM
SHAZAM 25 CGC 9.8 1st ISIS. SINGLE Highest Graded on census. 24 hours to sell
by Sagii
03:00 PM
Tim Sale Righteous splash $450 shipped
by gojira
02:38 PM
End Sun - FF #3 CGC 3.0 Star Wars #1 9.8 many more great bronze and copper
by colossuscomics
02:09 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.014 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.