Page 37 of 47 « First<3536373839>Last »
Topic Options
#2910381 - 01/31/09 08:21 AM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: arexcrooke]
djpinkpanther67 Offline

You say it's your birthday! (dah dah dah duh dah dah), I'll make threads for you! (dah dah dah duh dah dah)

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Killeen, Texas
Oh SNAP!

#2910386 - 01/31/09 08:28 AM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: lou_fine]
DrWatson Offline

"What are you armed with?"
"Guess."
"Guess?"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Twatosaurus rex
 Originally Posted By: lou_fine
It would seem that we might be losing our train of thought here since our responses to each other's posts tends to be a couple of days apart.

You are quite correct, Dean. I tend to lose my train of thought when I become bored with something. So, I think I am going to pull this car in to the station.

"When in a room full of people and no one has your back; it's time to move your back." ~ Anonymous

I think that life's too short for this. I want back my ignorance and bliss. I think I've had enough of this. Blow me... one last kiss.

You can tell the truth or you can lie. You can say I left you or I died. Say I'm in the Himalayas on some spiritual quest and could spend years lookin' for the light. Say I'm in the witness program with the F.B.I. Say a U.F.O. abducted me from home. Well, you can say what you chose, but I tell you the truth. You can say for sure I'm gone.

July 25, 2009.

#2910389 - 01/31/09 08:32 AM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: DrWatson]
arexcrooke Offline

Stop the hennyclucking

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Up your kilt with a wire brush...
And just to make sure that there is ok confusion I'm not talking about Thomas but am talking to dean.
Check out my Kudos thread!
am looking for the following:

#2910392 - 01/31/09 08:35 AM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: arexcrooke]
tth2 Offline

"I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards."
--And with one swoop tth2 become the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hong Kong
 Originally Posted By: arexcrooke
Oh and save long winded diatribe that you are getting ready to vomit out. You are getting ready to bring my list of ignored users to three. Actually I'm goigto take the other two off as you are such a collosal douche you deserve your own special spot

Chill out, Arex. You are way overreacting to Dean's posts. I don't necessarily agree with him on a lot of things, and sometimes his posts are written in a way that are open to misinterpretation, but he's a good guy.

There are people on these boards who definitely deserve to be called a douche, but Dean is not one of them. If you want to put him on ignore, then put him on ignore, but he does not deserve this kind of abuse that you're directing at him.

#2910415 - 01/31/09 09:08 AM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: tth2]
drbanner Offline

I think all the people repeatedly crying about not getting a custom title should be inducted into the "Crybaby Crew", and forever carry that as their custom title!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 3rd rock from the sun
 Originally Posted By: tth2
Oh and save long winded diatribe that you are getting ready to vomit out. You are getting ready to bring my list of ignored users to three. Actually I'm goigto take the other two off as you are such a collosal douche you deserve your own special spot

Chill out, Arex. You are way overreacting to Dean's posts. I don't necessarily agree with him on a lot of things, and sometimes his posts are written in a way that are open to misinterpretation, but he's a good guy.

There are people on these boards who definitely deserve to be called a douche, but Dean is not one of them. If you want to put him on ignore, then put him on ignore, but he does not deserve this kind of abuse that you're directing at him.

Actually, I agree with Arex...Lou's schtick is old.

#2910758 - 01/31/09 12:42 PM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: drbanner]
aman619 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Irma La Douce.

#2910878 - 01/31/09 01:41 PM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: arexcrooke]
sterlingcomics Offline

Mine was The Registry Buginator but I prefer(snip)

My custom title still sucks

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: House of Mystery
Do ok on your TEC books? \:D

#2910908 - 01/31/09 01:55 PM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: Worldsbestcomics]
sterlingcomics Offline

Mine was The Registry Buginator but I prefer(snip)

My custom title still sucks

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: House of Mystery
 Originally Posted By: Worldsbestcomics
Who is accountable you ask? Well, I also bought a Ewert book (actually several) less than a year ago. And to a large extent, I am accountable because these books were on a list that I found published right here on the CGC Boards but I got lazy over the past couple years about checking purchases against that list.

And to say that CGC has been nonactive in resolving this is unfair in my opinion. Any repayment you get if it turns out that your book is trimmed is going to come from CGC, not the guy who trimmed the book. Consider that. You and I both would be left without any option for recompense if it wasn't for CGC so I am grateful for what they have done.

I'd agree that I would be accountable for an Ewert book I purchased IF CGC actually communicated which books were his. The only reason why YOU know that the book you bought was POSSIBILY Ewert's is because of some nice sleuthing and to a hole in CGC's book lookup feature. If neither were accomplished by fellow collectors you would not know to this day if a book MAY HAVE BEEN Ewerts.

Also, since even CGC themselves are planting seeds of doubt as to the validity of the list, there's really no way as to truly know what's what. So, I firmly believe that until the information is out in the open CGC is accountable.

As I stated in another thread, I'd have no problem with CGC NOT crediting me if I couldn't produce proof that I originally purchased it from Ewert IF they communicated the list of invoices and/or certification numbers in a prompt manner. The fact that they choose to keep it hush and quietly credit our accounts is great, but it is a decision they chose as it was cheaper than to risk their reputation and costs of the masses sending books back for re-certificaiton. And, if you read my response, I also acknowledged CGC for at least doing that, albeit it is in a re-active manner.

Unfortuantely, it was not a community decision, it was a business decision. It is this lack of consideration for consumers of their service (like us) that brings about my confusion and frustration.

I also believe they were as much as a victim as us, but keeping silent takes away any empathy I once had.

I'm still happy with CGC's services and products but I obviously disagree with how they handled this situation.

#2911344 - 01/31/09 06:24 PM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: DrWatson]
lou_fine Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Originally Posted By: DrWatson
 Originally Posted By: lou_fine
It would seem that we might be losing our train of thought here since our responses to each other's posts tends to be a couple of days apart.

You are quite correct, Dean. I tend to lose my train of thought when I become bored with something. So, I think I am going to pull this car in to the station.

Watson;

I am in complete agreement with you too. \(thumbs u

It's time for me to also take a break, especially considering that my hockey pool is due for updating by the end of today.

#2911389 - 01/31/09 06:57 PM Re: CGC Response on Suspected Ewert Books [Re: drbanner]
lou_fine Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Originally Posted By: drbanner
 Originally Posted By: tth2

Actually, I agree with Arex...Lou's schtick is old.

Tim;

Thanks for having my back there! \(thumbs u

But I would also have to agree with Banner here as I can certainly be a pain in the you know what sometimes. I just wouldn't take it as far as Arex since his post does appear to be a bit of an overreaction. No real problem though since he is entitle to his own opinion, although a less ignorant and more thoughful approach would be better.

It's just that I've been around long enough to know that you need to be careful and do your due diligence when you play in these waters. There are a lot of sharks out there that will do almost anything to get your money, especially if you want to play in the part of the pool that's got the highest risk. After all, I still remember picking up one of those Eastern Color file copies from Danny boy way back in the day. doh\! lol

Although CGC can certainly be a blessing sometimes, you should not abdicate full responsibility to them since it's not realistic to expect them to catch everything. Sometimes, you also just have to go with your common sense and/or your gut feeling before throwing big money at something.

After all, if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. hm

Page 37 of 47 « First<3536373839>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1, ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
The Art and Science of Grading Coins - by Jason Poe
by physics-fan3.14
Today at 12:56 PM
FS: Several Morgans and 1835 Half Dime - Free Shipping
by A.Phillips
12/18/14 06:51 PM
FS: Canada 1936 $ NGC MS64 @ Christmas Gift price. SOLD
by agentjim007
12/18/14 05:39 PM
Any Macau / Japan paper money for sale?
by Beebeepan
12/18/14 03:27 AM
Comics Marketplace
WTB Silvestri, Liefeld, Finch, Original Art
by gelugo
Today at 02:15 PM
Tooth & Claw BW, Cap #25, Nova slabs for sale
by Pinky Lee Zepplin
Today at 12:36 PM
timely f.s. mystic vol. 2, #4 schomburg cover----CLOSED
by Straw-Man
Today at 12:35 PM
Gold, Silver, & Bronze (in no particular order)
by gino2paulus2
Today at 09:32 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.027 seconds in which 0.014 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing