• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

I purchased this book off of ebay from Mile High Comics. Here's the image on their website:

March5651067114960_56.gif

I was aware of their practice of putting up inventory scans and sending different books, so I emailed them first to confirm. Here is the reply I rec'd:

Dear sacentaur,

Hello

I check and the scan is of the book. On most 1940's and 1950's

comics the scan is the book up for sale. We don't useually get

multiple copies in stock at the same time on books from this era.

Thanks,

Bill Daniel

Mile High Comics

Now here is the book I rec'd:

MileHighRipOff.jpg

What do you think?

Whether incompetence or intentional misrepresentation, this is inexcusable. They should rename their company "Mile Low". :frustrated:

:cry:

love them both, Jon. what a great little short run.

....and then there are some GREAT Mooney lightning covers.....and this wonderful recreation by Mooney of this hard core GA image...

I want to hang out with JB when he is opening boxes. Beautiful books that I rarely see. Awesome additions. :golfclap:

two down, two to go.

surefire1.jpg

Attaboy Geek (thumbs u

thanks geek. and there was a doctor in the house this a.m.; four of them. that want list thinned considerably in one fell swoop.

docsavage8.jpg

docsavage2-4.jpg

docsavage2-6.jpg

docsavage2-7.jpg

Love those Savages Billy. <3 I've often thought about putting that run together, but since you are doing it, they will be in the family and I can save the money.

:)

thanks geek. and there was a doctor in the house this a.m.; four of them. that want list thinned considerably in one fell swoop.

docsavage8.jpg

docsavage2-4.jpg

docsavage2-6.jpg

docsavage2-7.jpg

Cool books. While these have great covers, especially 1.8 and 2.7, the goofy lower right corners kinda suck. It seems like lots of great issues have this problem. Fantastic EC cover art is often obscured by huge, uneccesary text boxes or portraits of the Old Witch, etc. Same with a lot of the early Shadow comics (which have some fantastic covers). It's really too bad. I guess that's part of the reason why I like GI Combat 10 cent greytones so much....there is almost nothing on those covers other than the art.