• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,419 posts in this topic

Here's my one & only purchase from the VCC........Say hello to my little friend! :banana:

70243.jpg

Thank you, Apotheosis! :foryou:

need to rename yourself 'rocket-fuelman' with stuff like that. touch 'em all, sir. i'm usually not in favor of writing on the covers of my books, but i understand why you gave this one an "A."

I purchased this book off of ebay from Mile High Comics. Here's the image on their website:

March5651067114960_56.gif

I was aware of their practice of putting up inventory scans and sending different books, so I emailed them first to confirm. Here is the reply I rec'd:

Dear sacentaur,

Hello

I check and the scan is of the book. On most 1940's and 1950's

comics the scan is the book up for sale. We don't useually get

multiple copies in stock at the same time on books from this era.

Thanks,

Bill Daniel

Mile High Comics

Now here is the book I rec'd:

MileHighRipOff.jpg

What do you think?

Whether incompetence or intentional misrepresentation, this is inexcusable. They should rename their company "Mile Low". :frustrated:

I purchased this book off of ebay from Mile High Comics. Here's the image on their website:

I was aware of their practice of putting up inventory scans and sending different books, so I emailed them first to confirm. Here is the reply I rec'd:

Dear sacentaur,

Hello

Thanks,

Bill Daniel

Mile High Comics

MileHighRipOff.jpg

What do you think?

Whether incompetence or intentional misrepresentation, this is inexcusable. They should rename their company "Mile Low". :frustrated:

Return it and speak to Chuck. Perhaps Mr. Daniel is hired help for the holidays :P

Dear sacentaur,

Hello

Thanks,

Bill Daniel

Mile High Comics

MileHighRipOff.jpg

What do you think?

Steve- When I bought that Western Picture Stories off ebay, it was from Mile High Comics. I figured it had to be the book in the scan & I was lucky it turned out to be. I later saw they had the same issue in their ebay store with the same BIN price. I figured this HAD to be a mistake and I was worried someone may come along, BIN and I will end up without the book, so I called. They assured me it was in fact another copy of the same book, so I thought WTF and hit the BIN. I thought maybe Gator would like a copy. Couple days later I got a refund, book was listed twice. :pullhair: