• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is spraying your comics restoration? Protection is not restoration.
1 1

52 posts in this topic

No, I dont "got it". Replacing rusty staples is restoration because you are repairing the book. But, if you sprayed the book while it was in mint condition it would allow the book to avoid scrapes, dents and scratches so it could hold more of its value. There are sprays that will not make you book gloss but will put a fine layer of protection on your cover so if repeals more dirt and scratches. I do not understand why it is wrong to protect the value of a book.

Oh, wait a minute I do know... if high volumes of books were protected that would mean more mint grade and too many mint grades is not good right?

Can you please just go away? Seriously - your insane questions & comments were slightly amusing for about 5 minutes, but all good things must come to an end.

So, please, don't let the door hit your on the way out.

No, I dont "got it". Replacing rusty staples is restoration because you are repairing the book. But, if you sprayed the book while it was in mint condition it would allow the book to avoid scrapes, dents and scratches so it could hold more of its value. There are sprays that will not make you book gloss but will put a fine layer of protection on your cover so if repeals more dirt and scratches. I do not understand why it is wrong to protect the value of a book.

Oh, wait a minute I do know... if high volumes of books were protected that would mean more mint grade and too many mint grades is not good right?

Well assuming you are serious for a second.

The main flaw in your logic is that a sprayed on fixative type coating cannot be removed. So it would be considered a flaw even if it protected the book.

But I dont think for a second you are serious and are just having fun pushing peoples buttons. So by all means, spray away and enjoy cornering the market with mint books.

If you dont mind spray away at your comics,because that just makes my comics worth all that much more.I really must thank you. :baiting:

Tell me something. Did your parents spray you as a child for "protective purposes"?

I couldn't figure out why this thread was still going on . . . :insane:

What you mean? This my faverite thred in whole GCG boreds.

:roflmao: Got the carpets steam-cleaned yesterday . . . opted out on the "Scotch Guard" - too toxic! :P

I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and then laminate them. I always respected Fabio's opinion on preservation.
What about PAM?

Or is that used for the undergrounds? Or Playboys?

People used to use Pam to regloss books. No joke.