• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If I were you, I would send another check.

Well, the problem with this is that, as soon as he gets the books he returns them. Sounds to me like the deal between the two parties has gone south - why prolong it? hm

Don't mean to jump in on a thread but your not talking about any of my transactions. I never returned anyone's books. Nor do I want to give that impression from what you just said.. (thumbs u

Nothing implied at all, just pointing out how things could go . . . :grin:

I sure hope Gilberto is alright
Well, it looks to me like he has money coming in.

:signfunny: but for those that got screwed

Still funny--I too hope no one involved has lost life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness.

That said, if it turns out to be fraud (i.e. intent to deceive versus error), I'll pursue it through the appropriate channels.

Cheers! :)

Leon

have the 2 unanswered PM been read?

I figured they were but someone mentioned that he hasn't been on since 10/28 and the first PM went out on the 29th so my guess is no.

He did replay on 10/22 that he forgot to send the books out (along with books for other people) and would get them out right away. Since then nothing.

I really do hope he is OK.

My check cleared October 9th for Conan #1. I have posted another PM and am leaving the opportunity open for Gilberto to respond with the tracking number he promised twice. It is still remotely possible that if he did not use the shipping he promised, the package could be creeping along out there somewhere without a tracking number. I felt it was important to follow up on genrlzod's post in case there is a pattern. Hopefully nothing bad has happened to Gilberto keeping him from responding. However, I see posts in other threads Oct 28th and earlier for gilbertotorres. Right now, the situation looks pretty grim--but there's still hope the book will arrive. If it does, I will certainly post absolutely as soon as possible.

If the book doesn't arrive--well, let's wait and see a bit longer.

Cheers,

Leon

During the VCC in September I purchased Wolverine issues 1 - 4 (mini) from gilbertotorres. I sent my MO out on Sept. 16th. On Oct. 22nd I inquired about the books and was told that they were over looked and that they would be sent out right away. As of today, Nov. 4th I still do not have these books. My last 2 PMs have gone unanswered. As of this moment I am out $57.00 and feel that I will never see either the money or the books.

He's slow to ship but keep reminding him. He hasn't posted here or at another board he frequently posts in for a week now, so it may be that he's been unable to take care of your orders for some reason or another.

I sent out a MO to Gliberto on 9/9/08. He has answered my PMs, but it has been mostly one excuse after the other. The last PM was on 10/25 stating that my book would ship by 10/31 with confirmation. I haven't heard anything back or received a book yet.

Cheers,

I purchased some Walking Dead and did a trade with Gilberto and sent him $$ through paypal. He said he would be shipping and this was back on the 28th when I last heard from him. I'm out $18 and a Iron Man #128 and Batman Superman #1 that I sent in the trade. Havent seen him posting in the other forum he usually goes too also.

My check cleared October 9th for Conan #1. I have posted another PM and am leaving the opportunity open for Gilberto to respond with the tracking number he promised twice. It is still remotely possible that if he did not use the shipping he promised, the package could be creeping along out there somewhere without a tracking number. I felt it was important to follow up on genrlzod's post in case there is a pattern. Hopefully nothing bad has happened to Gilberto keeping him from responding. However, I see posts in other threads Oct 28th and earlier for gilbertotorres. Right now, the situation looks pretty grim--but there's still hope the book will arrive. If it does, I will certainly post absolutely as soon as possible.

If the book doesn't arrive--well, let's wait and see a bit longer.

Cheers,

Leon

During the VCC in September I purchased Wolverine issues 1 - 4 (mini) from gilbertotorres. I sent my MO out on Sept. 16th. On Oct. 22nd I inquired about the books and was told that they were over looked and that they would be sent out right away. As of today, Nov. 4th I still do not have these books. My last 2 PMs have gone unanswered. As of this moment I am out $57.00 and feel that I will never see either the money or the books.

He's slow to ship but keep reminding him. He hasn't posted here or at another board he frequently posts in for a week now, so it may be that he's been unable to take care of your orders for some reason or another.

I sent out a MO to Gliberto on 9/9/08. He has answered my PMs, but it has been mostly one excuse after the other. The last PM was on 10/25 stating that my book would ship by 10/31 with confirmation. I haven't heard anything back or received a book yet.

Cheers,

I purchased some Walking Dead and did a trade with Gilberto and sent him $$ through paypal. He said he would be shipping and this was back on the 28th when I last heard from him. I'm out $18 and a Iron Man #128 and Batman Superman #1 that I sent in the trade. Havent seen him posting in the other forum he usually goes too also.

Huh...he claimed he didn't accept PayPal with me...Would've made things simpler. And possibly left his "customers" with some recourse.... hm

Edited by marvelcollector

I've gotta say something about this, as it happens quite often.

I can remember the sales thread, and l'il Gil was all hyped up about selling some comics for a "big purchase" or something, and he sounded all desperate, like he'd sell his first-born to get the money. It's a tonal difference, as many people sell to buy something, but you could almost hear him slavering over his keyboard when he typed.

That set off some alarm bells, as I've seen the exact same MO play out on the boards, and usually the guy gets the money and you don't hear from him again.

Who knows why, maybe it's seller remorse, maybe his original deal fell through or he got ripped off, and he doesn't feel obligated to follow through on his other deals, but I never buy comics from a Desperate Collector, as their mental frame of mind is usually not the best.

I've gotta say something about this, as it happens quite often.

I can remember the sales thread, and l'il Gil was all hyped up about selling some comics for a "big purchase" or something, and he sounded all desperate, like he'd sell his first-born to get the money. It's a tonal difference, as many people sell to buy something, but you could almost hear him slavering over his keyboard when he typed.

That set off some alarm bells, as I've seen the exact same MO play out on the boards, and usually the guy gets the money and you don't hear from him again.

Who knows why, maybe it's seller remorse, maybe his original deal fell through or he got ripped off, and he doesn't feel obligated to follow through on his other deals, but I never buy comics from a Desperate Collector, as their mental frame of mind is usually not the best.

Maybe he was too young for these boards to begin with.

To Gilbert's defense, I bought an AF15 from him over the summer, right before San Diego, and he delivered on time, as requested. I'm hoping that there isn't something sinister and that we hold hope for our fellow man...er teenager.

To Gilbert's defense, I bought an AF15 from him over the summer, right before San Diego, and he delivered on time, as requested. I'm hoping that there isn't something sinister and that we hold hope for our fellow man...er teenager.

Probably the AF #15 I sold him right here on the boards (with the header cut out on page 1). He paid right away...had no problems. Nice guy.

]Maybe he was too young for these boards to begin with.

Would've made me nervous, but I had only heard positive things about his past transactions. I considered buying one of his books from the VCC, but it was sold before I made a decision.

There is just a fundamental difference in the level of responsibility between 13-14 year olds and adults (95% of them anyway). There just is. And he dabbled in expensive books...

Probably the AF #15 I sold him right here on the boards (with the header cut out on page 1). He paid right away...had no problems. Nice guy.

It was--he got in over his head with that purchase and flipped it to Jazz when I passed on it. It really is too bad there isn't a way to do an age restriction on the Sales Market. Nothing personal against those that play by the rules, but generally speaking...

As of now I'm still holding out that there's a good reason as to why we havent heard from him yet and will hopefully get our comics soon.

I'd like to add aaron568 to the probation list for failure to make good on a purchase. He purchased a book from me on 9/22/08 and I agreed to work out time payments to help him out. The first payment was due by Sept. 29th, the second payment by Oct. 27th and the last payment on Nov. 15th. The last pm I received from him was on Oct. 3rd and to date never received any payment.

As of now I'm still holding out that there's a good reason as to why we havent heard from him yet and will hopefully get our comics soon.

He made this post a while back: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=56&Number=2620628&Searchpage=1&Main=137630&Words=grandpa&topic=0&Search=true#Post2620628

I don't know what to think.

He made this post a while back: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=56&Number=2620628&Searchpage=1&Main=137630&Words=grandpa&topic=0&Search=true#Post2620628

I don't know what to think.

I think it sounds like he ran into some bad times . . . :wishluck: We are a compassionate lot, but the list serves a purpose.

Excuses, I think your being alittle unfair. The check was sent. I don't need to make excuses, so let me make that crystal clear to you. At this point, I don't really care what conclusion you've come to. I'm not a one hit wonder on this board just because I don't have a big post count yet. I've communicated with everyone on here, and have paid for all goods. Anyone who has worked with me on here, can tell you that.

It was sent, the postal system lost it. You feel otherwise, so that's fine.

You have your opinion, and I have mine, thats the beauty of this country we live in.

Thanks..

Patrick

Who cares if you sent the check? It didn`t arrive, and still hasn`t arrived. What`s the difference between a check that`s mailed and never arrives, and a check that is never sent in the first place? From the recipient`s view, there is no difference.

If you DID mail it, then good for you, but since it hasn`t reached Andy yet, then whatever the reason is, you should send him a new check and cancel the first one.

My point is honestly, your tone was that you thought I was giving you a story the whole time. That twisted me, and thats why I said can the deal. My opinion or take if you will.

Wow, get defensive much? Are you reading the same PMs as the rest of us? Andy`s PMs are totally innocuous. There is no nasty or suspicious tone at all. The phrase that comes to mind immediately is "Thou doth protesteth too much." Maybe it`s just your guilty conscience? hm

Excuses, I think your being alittle unfair. The check was sent. I don't need to make excuses, so let me make that crystal clear to you. At this point, I don't really care what conclusion you've come to. I'm not a one hit wonder on this board just because I don't have a big post count yet. I've communicated with everyone on here, and have paid for all goods. Anyone who has worked with me on here, can tell you that.

It was sent, the postal system lost it. You feel otherwise, so that's fine.

You have your opinion, and I have mine, thats the beauty of this country we live in.

Thanks..

Patrick

Who cares if you sent the check? It didn`t arrive, and still hasn`t arrived. What`s the difference between a check that`s mailed and never arrives, and a check that is never sent in the first place? From the recipient`s view, there is no difference.

If you DID mail it, then good for you, but since it hasn`t reached Andy yet, then whatever the reason is, you should send him a new check and cancel the first one.

My point is honestly, your tone was that you thought I was giving you a story the whole time. That twisted me, and thats why I said can the deal. My opinion or take if you will.

Wow, get defensive much? Are you reading the same PMs as the rest of us? Andy`s PMs are totally innocuous. There is no nasty or suspicious tone at all. The phrase that comes to mind immediately is "Thou doth protesteth too much." Maybe it`s just your guilty conscience? hm

You make me laugh. Right, I have nothing better to do then stiff someone for $80.00. Take it as you will, My point is valid, as I'm sure his is. At this point in time, I will await to hear from the rest of the board members to find out my outcome. I will respectfully honor their decision. My decision is to break the deal. I do not feel comfortable working with the seller at this time. It is my choice.

Thank you..